PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Chicane Kit running Bilsteins?

67bird
07-12-2010, 02:50 PM
If there is anyone out there running an ATS Chicane kit with Bilsteins? I am trying to obtain a set. I am looking for the part number so the valving can be obtained. Please PM me if you have the part number. Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks!

81S
07-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Me too also what type of bisteins are valve similar for rear use?
I had the same question. But its not posted on Spoeedtech or the ATS site.

I like the penskes but I think the bilsteins may be a little more reasonably priced.

TitoJones
07-14-2010, 11:49 AM
It took a LONG time to track this stuff down, so let's go and make it public.

PN:
B46-ATAL-5

Valve code:
020F50913A

Tyler

EFI69Cam
07-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Would these work on a DSE subframe?

81S
07-23-2010, 07:08 AM
What other choices do you have for the chicane kit. Are there any externally adjustable options. Can you also provide part numbers for those.

killer69
07-23-2010, 07:15 AM
We have adapted the Chicane kit to use the QA1 shock to give a little better price point, and some user adjustability.

We have also now produced a Chicane kit for the Second Gen.
We are just about finished the development of a complete secon get Track time front package that will include the ATS Spindle special upper control arms chicane kit lowers and sway bar wit either Qa1 or Bilsteins.

67bird
07-24-2010, 04:32 AM
When I purchased my kit there were only two options Bilstein or Penske. The Bilsteins had ATS spec valving, the Penske was more of an adjustable shock. You can order the Bilstein with adjustment options, but cost goes up with it. I think now that Speedtech has the Chicane kit, and I may be reaching here,and Blake can jump in anytime, is that they give you option on the spacers. This allows you several different shock options. I think the issue here is for me the QA1's are wider at the bearing than the Bilsteins. I didn't want to have to modify the mounts. Also, the Bilsteins are heavily supported in the aftermarket. Not saying that QA1's aren't. Lastly, and this is going to sound really vain, I didn't want clear anodized aluminum shocks and silver powdercoated springs on my car. laugh if you want. You can imagine the look on my wifes face when I told her about it.

67bird
08-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Just wanted to follow up. Based on Tyler's recommendation I ordered a set from American Racing Supply in Las Vegas. I attached copies of their business card below. They are familiar with the valving code. They can also get you the adjusters if you want to order from them. The adjusters through them were cheaper than the big name mail order houses.

PhillipM
08-05-2010, 12:17 PM
It took a LONG time to track this stuff down, so let's go and make it public.

PN:
B46-ATAL-5

Valve code:
020F50913A

Tyler

Wow, for a while there I think Tyler was holding this information very close.

killer69
08-05-2010, 02:48 PM
we are working with Bilstein to buy direct and there fore cut out the middle man stay tuned as soon as we confirm the deal i will let you know