PDA

View Full Version : How much cush?

btate
08-27-2004, 04:19 PM
If you were going to start with a new car, how many creature comforts would you want? A/C is a given, but what about power windows/seats, RKE, defoggers etc?

I was BT61 on EZboard.

derekf
08-27-2004, 05:29 PM
A/C is a requirement. Power windows are nice. A cupholder or two would be welcome. The rest I don't really care about.

Matt@RFR
08-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Run what YOU think is appropriate!

You shouldn't listen to these guys anyway...all they'll do is spend your money for ya. :icon_razz

Ralph LoGrasso
08-27-2004, 06:01 PM
I won't have any creature comforts :). No A/C, power NOTHING, no heat either. Car won't be driven in the winter, no need for it :). Basically a race car w/ plates(and small removable stereo). I have something in mind to prevent foggy windows in the rain as well, since that was the only thing leading me to installing a heater core.

boodlefoof
08-28-2004, 05:43 AM
no AC, no stereo, no heater here... I did go for those plush items called power brakes and power steering though. = )

derekf
08-28-2004, 08:11 AM
If this wasn't August in Texas for me, I probably wouldn't insist on A/C either. But it is.

Heater I'd be just fine without.

Steve1968LS2
08-28-2004, 09:22 AM
No A/C

No Heat

I live in SoCal.. it never gets THAT hot.. or THAT cold.. in my 2000 SS I hardley ever ran the A/C

I will have a good stereo.. power windows and my Recaro seats will be heated and cooled.. oh an power steering..

im considering a small electric street rod type heater for the defrosting duties :)

protour_chevelle
08-30-2004, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=Steve1969LS1]
My Recaro seats will be heated and cooled[\QUOTE]

How are you going about the cooling for your seats?

-Matt

jeff s
08-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Since "Cadillac Attack" had most stuff on it already, I kept some of it. I adapted the stock power memory seat mechanism to the Recaros. I ditched the cruise and AC for a better look under the hood, though I may add a vintage air AC at some point. Especially if a end up Ebaying it.
"Street Alien" has AC mostly 'cause the windows don't roll down and a heater defroster was part of the AC package.

Pro-touring towncar
08-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Nothing wrong with creature comforts, my car has it all but then again it IS a lincoln. LOL I will be sacrificing some of the cushy ride for handling but then again it is a daily driver. The wifes at that. :naughty:

Tim

Steve1968LS2
08-31-2004, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=Steve1969LS1]
My Recaro seats will be heated and cooled[\QUOTE]

How are you going about the cooling for your seats?

-Matt

Fans inside the seat pull the hot air from behind your back and send it out the back of the seatbacks.. :)

The whole seat is pretty high-tech.. I had them in my 2000 SS and LOVED THEM

btate
08-31-2004, 08:43 AM
I was curious because I bought a new 2wd Blazer and wanted to semi-pro tour it. I ended up getting a yellow 5spd base model, no frills.

CAMAROBOY69
08-31-2004, 08:57 AM
I am extremely poor but these are what I installed that I found absolutely necessary for comfort. Stereo is nice for 9 hour+ rides and so are Power seats or at least adjustable. Everything else is up to you.

ironroad9c1
08-31-2004, 06:28 PM
cruise control is what i'm installing on the caprice next ,i hate being without it on long trips.

Stu Seitz
09-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Yeah I wouldn't have any of that stuff either. My first car (which I still drive) is a 1979 suburban with an M3, no air, no heater and a radio that doesn't work half the time. So I just got used to not having anything nice. For the camaro it's just like Ralph LoGrasso said, "it's a race car with plates". Two sparco seat no carpet no power anything, cept for steering and brakes =P