PDA

View Full Version : Lt1 caliper mounting plates

braaaap
07-11-2010, 10:31 AM
I recently picked up a set of rear calipers and rotors from a Lt1 camaro. Went to purchase the GM mounting plates # 18019858 because I have stagered shocks on my 64 chevelle. But these are now discontinued from GM. My question is would these be available aftermarket, or would I have to go junk yard? Sad thing is not much around here for junk yards.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

gort69
07-11-2010, 02:29 PM
I recently picked up a set of rear calipers and rotors from a Lt1 camaro. Went to purchase the GM mounting plates # 18019858 because I have stagered shocks on my 64 chevelle. But these are now discontinued from GM. My question is would these be available aftermarket, or would I have to go junk yard? Sad thing is not much around here for junk yards.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

They've been discontinued for quite awhile. Used to be Touring Classics would have sold you a set of their version. Check Baer - I think some of their rear kits are based off of that caliper. What part of the country are you in? I was recently (last fall) trudging through an all GM yard around here and saw a couple of those lying in the mud - not sure if L or R though.

Another option would be to try the plate that is still available, and clock it your liking and drill and tap it. I did that to one of my RH plates - they're about 5/8" thick, pleny of meat. Can't guarantee some of the existing holes won't interfere, though. I've sold all of the LT1 stuff and went to LS1 for the vastly superior parking brake.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/DSCN0793-1.jpg

braaaap
07-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I will check with baer. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. It was hard enuff finding the lt1 stuff. Thanks alot!