PDA

View Full Version : 56 chev fourlink

hj454
07-09-2010, 11:08 PM
hi guys im new on here , from australia so my posts will be at weird times , im doing a 56 2 door and am starting at the rear , i want a triangulated fourlink and at least a 19x12 rim (315 or 305 wide tyre)
anyone done anything similar, not sure if i need to notch the rails i need to keep 4" ground clearance .... thanks in advance.... ash.

hj454
07-09-2010, 11:16 PM
photos would be good ...:)

GUS
07-10-2010, 04:01 PM
I put an Art Morrison triangulated 4 bar under mine....actually Nick Prime of Prime Custom Cars did it. (http://www.primecustomcars.com)

I evaluated all of the different setups on the market and this one seemed to be the highest quality and allowed the exhaust to go over the top.
It required quite a bit of modifications, so it is not the easiest on the market to install.

Here's a link to some pictures.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/22430932

exwestracer
07-11-2010, 05:40 AM
Search for threads by "Silver69Camaro" on here. That is Matt Jones, a development engineer for Morrison. He's VERY familiar with their Tri-4 link setup.

Unless you are using the original :eek: rear axle or a 9" Ford, you are going to be dealing with a cast center section. That is going to affect the the length of the upper links, as you want to weld the mounts on the steel tube instead. Since the upper links locate the axle side to side, you need to maintain a 60deg included angle (30 deg on each link) for good stability.

Unless you run into clearance problems with the tire, the original front leaf spring mounts on the frame will work fine for the lower links. Check out the recent triangulated 4 link thread on here for info about mounting and angles for the upper links.

hj454
07-11-2010, 04:07 PM
thanks for the help and the pics:cheers: :cheers:i have been e-mailing back and fourth with AME and i am going to go with their kit gus's pics comfirmed it for me ... what tire and wheel did you go with on your 56 gus? i'd love to see a photo. and are you retaining the standard front suspension, i like the AME c6 front kit :) $$$$$ will have to check finances

nprime
07-12-2010, 05:36 AM
For now, Geoff is using Tubular UCA and Tubular LCA. He is at a decision crossroads regarding either Shockwaves or Coil Over Shocks. BTW, a Chassis Jig is very helpful. It can be done without one as several have been, but if time and money permit, find someone that has a jig, the results will be much better.

As an aside to this post, with so many modifications, have you given consideration to C4 for the front and rear?

Nick

Prime Custom Cars, LLC.

hj454
07-13-2010, 05:02 PM
i cant find any c4 kits available ... would i have to make one fit ???
also im still confused as too notch the rear rails or not , i do want this car sitting about 4" to 4.5" at ride height with a large diameter rim , it must have the "right stance" will this create problems with the geometry of the AME tri four, (ic too low ) with the diff being higher , looking at the photos from nicks it seems there is not too much room to raise the TCA front pivot points ... thanks again sorry for bringing up a topic thats probably been covered before..... ash