PDA

View Full Version : Help from efi experts please....

Airmale
07-09-2010, 05:59 AM
I want to convert my single plane intake to efi and run an elbow and 90mm throttle body with aircleaner. Is there any disadvantage to this configuration over a 4 barrel throttle body?
Motor is a 540cu hyd. roller with profiler heads and intake.
Very interested in the new holley ECU's to control EVERYTHING.

Ollie8974
07-10-2010, 05:52 AM
Some times hood clearance can be a problem with the 90 elbow.
Did you read the post below titled EFI Manifold Conversion. that thread could answer some of your questions.

Airmale
07-11-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm probably gonna utilize a vic jr. and a 4 hole throttle body. I know this combo works and don't need any issues with unproven ideas. I was hoping someone had tried this and could tell me if it worked or not. Guessing is too expensive.

Magic
07-11-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm probably gonna utilize a vic jr. and a 4 hole throttle body. I know this combo works and don't need any issues with unproven ideas. I was hoping someone had tried this and could tell me if it worked or not. Guessing is too expensive.

Edelbrock probably makes a Super Victor intake with the fuel injector bosses. You said 540 ci , so I'll assume Chevy...

Check here:
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/efi/efi_chevy.shtml

Jim Nilsen
07-11-2010, 05:52 PM
The accel manifolds that were designed by John Lingenfelter put out good numbers. You don't have to use the Accel efi to get one I wouldn't think? It would be worth checking out every efi manifold out there to get the right one for your application. Hogans comes to mind if you have an unlimited budget.

Good luck with any of the choices you make and may the road you choose be smooth and easy.:fingersx:

:cheers:

68Formula
07-12-2010, 04:33 AM
From what I can tell, a 90mm will flow about 1170cfm, whereas most 4bbl flow at least 1200cfm. Doesn't sound like much of a difference, but again, that's the minimum 4bbls flow.

Also, with the 4 holes and a progressive linkage, you'll have better velocity which will improve cylinder filling across the load and rpm range, so better driveability and power.

Plus the clearance as it would allow you to run a carburetor-type air cleaner without an adapter.

The only advantage of the single 90mm would be if you can get one cheap enough used, and figure in the cost of a 90 elbow you still save money. But many can be had for around $400 including sensors.

camcojb
07-12-2010, 05:46 AM
My own personal experience................ On a Procharged 540 I went from a 4 barrel throttle body to a 90 degree elbow and 75mm Accufab single blade throttle body, and the increased throttle response was very noticeable. I think you'll like that setup. I did have to angle mill my 90 degree elbow to allow a bit more hood clearance on a 69 Camaro.

Jody