PDA

View Full Version : Steering Box Fittings???

obengston
07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm currently installing a Hydrobooster in my 68 Camaro. My question is I'm making the lines that run from the power steering box. Does any know what type of aero fitting would screw into the box, both the high pressure and low pressure side. I have the lines/hardwar to make the line, just don't know what two fittings will srew into the PS box. I purchased the AER-FBM2608 and 2609. They worked on the hydrobooster but not the stock PS box different type ends. Also the one High pressure that screws into the stock PS pump.

1. the two AER fitting for the PS Box high, and low side.

2. The AER fitting for the high pressure out on the PS pump.

The size 6an

If someone could help me I could finish this swap.

Thanks,
Oscar

Jim Nilsen
07-09-2010, 05:19 AM
I do believe the fitting you are looking for can be found from DSE. I bought the metric fitting to -6 an fitting they sell for adapting to a ps rack. It is around $14 and it worked for me and i bought it when i got my wiper motor setup just in case I needed it and low and behold it was exactly what I needed when I was installing my setup.

Goodluck and give them a call to see if it is the one you need.

obengston
07-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Sorry I have'nt been on in a few days mom got really sick had to go and visit. I will check that.

Thanks

Mike Holleman
07-14-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm currently installing a Hydrobooster in my 68 Camaro. My question is I'm making the lines that run from the power steering box. Does any know what type of aero fitting would screw into the box, both the high pressure and low pressure side. I have the lines/hardwar to make the line, just don't know what two fittings will srew into the PS box. I purchased the AER-FBM2608 and 2609. They worked on the hydrobooster but not the stock PS box different type ends. Also the one High pressure that screws into the stock PS pump.

1. the two AER fitting for the PS Box high, and low side.

2. The AER fitting for the high pressure out on the PS pump.

The size 6an

If someone could help me I could finish this swap.

Thanks,
Oscar
Oscar, Some steering boxes use inverted flares, some metric (18x1.5 and 16x1.5) Need to figure out which you have. The pump is most likely a 3/8 inverted flare. Also be sure that you use TFE hose and fittings for your pressure lines. Standard braided fuel lines will not support the pressure of a PS system. And yes DSE should have the adapters you will need.
Mike

obengston
07-17-2010, 03:47 PM
MIke thanks for the reply. I did find the fitting from DSE, and I use the TFE line, but today when I cranked the car the High pressure line coming out of the PS pump blew apart (mess). Anyway I'm only hoping it was because I did not use the correct TFE fitting could not wait. Anyway the correct fitting should be here by Tuesday, and I will post on how it holds up.

Thanks,
Oscar