PDA

View Full Version : Looking for So Cal Suspension Shop

ssmike
07-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Hello Gents:

I am starting a PT build on my 72 Nova and need a referral to a so cal shop to install some front suspension parts. I am planning to order from Marcus at SC&C, including: ATX spindles, new upper and lower control arms, new Lee steering box, new springs, new tires/wheels, etc.

Looking for an experienced shop to rack my car and check my subframe and install.

I am in central OC (Irvine) but am willing to travel in the southland for great service and experience with aftermarket suspension mods.

I will also be looking for a shop to do an LS/t-56 install in the coming months.

Thanks in advance.

Larry Callahan
07-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Is Camarillo too far?

Jim is an old friend of mine

http://www.bonesfab.com/

Bryce
07-08-2010, 05:38 AM
an option in San Diego is Hawthorne Tire in san marcos. They are on rancheros road near Best of Show.

CarlC
07-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Guldstrand in Burbank.

DFRESH
07-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Driverz Inc in Corona or Cris at JCG in Oxnard.

Doug

JustinB
07-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks Doug! We can help!!

Cris@JCG
07-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks Doug!.. got a shop full of ls conversions & can handle any suspension upgrades..

Cris

Driverz Inc in Corona or Cris at JCG in Oxnard.

Doug

Matt@BOS
07-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Be careful with Cris at JCG, you might end up spending a lot if he starts showing you all of his billet parts, prototypes and ideas :naughty:

I have to second the vote for Best of Show, but I would take my car to, JCG, or Driverz any day. They're all knowledgeable, great companies to deal with and all somewhat the same distance from you. I'm sure either of the three could get your car in and out pretty quickly.

Matt

Cris@JCG
07-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks Matt! I think you should start another build so that I use your car for a test bed for some of my prototype goodies!!

Matt@BOS
07-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks Matt! I think you should start another build so that I use your car for a test bed for some of my prototype goodies!!

Yes, I should! what kind of car do you want to make parts for? Lol.

Cris@JCG
07-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Got alot of stuff in the works for 2nd gen Camaros & doing a complete chassis design to fit C6 Corvette drivetain on a 68 Camaro..

Take your pick!! LOL
I will be waiting for your descision by the end of the day..

Yes, I should! what kind of car do you want to make parts for? Lol.

Matt@BOS
07-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Got alot of stuff in the works for 2nd gen Camaros & doing a complete chassis design to fit C6 Corvette drivetain on a 68 Camaro..

Take your pick!! LOL
I will be waiting for your descision by the end of the day..

I was thinking long and hard all of yesterday, and I've got some killer ideas for a second gen, namely what I think would be a sweet redisigned front spoiler in place of the clunky plastic one, and a tailpanel to match, along with some other stuff... However I doubt I'll get a second gen any time soon (its my dad's turn to choose a project and he wants a gt40) so if you know anyone wanting something different on a second gen I'd be happy to toss over my ideas.

Matt

Ron.in.SoCal
07-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I was thinking long and hard all of yesterday, and I've got some killer ideas for a second gen, namely what I think would be a sweet redisigned front spoiler in place of the clunky plastic one, and a tailpanel to match, along with some other stuff... However I doubt I'll get a second gen any time soon (its my dad's turn to choose a project and he wants a gt40) so if you know anyone wanting something different on a second gen I'd be happy to toss over my ideas.

Matt

Your "dad" wants a GT40 or you do...? :spank2:

1badchevelle
07-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Hello Gents:

I am starting a PT build on my 72 Nova and need a referral to a so cal shop to install some front suspension parts. I am planning to order from Marcus at SC&C, including: ATX spindles, new upper and lower control arms, new Lee steering box, new springs, new tires/wheels, etc.

Looking for an experienced shop to rack my car and check my subframe and install.

I am in central OC (Irvine) but am willing to travel in the southland for great service and experience with aftermarket suspension mods.

I will also be looking for a shop to do an LS/t-56 install in the coming months.

Thanks in advance.

Why not do it yourself? get some food to grill, beer and some friends and you are good to go. That is part of build a car. (disclaimer: make sure beer is consumed after work is complete or near complition) :cheers:

rrelco
08-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah.....Thats what I am doing.. just got my C6 front brakes from Kore3 and waiting on my Speedtech coilover conversion set up along with ATS tall spinals.

Going to kick some Camaro Butt......:fingersx: