PDA

View Full Version : Wideband o2

DButler
07-07-2010, 06:27 AM
I just installed a twin turbo setup on my 67 Camaro and I am looking for a good wide band o2 setup. Any ideas? I noticed AEM as a good price on theirs but is their product any good?

senor_camaro
07-07-2010, 09:07 AM
zeitronix comes with wideband and datalogging.

senor_camaro
07-07-2010, 09:08 AM
almost the same pirce as the AEM stuff, plus you get software to tune your ride, thats what im running on mine.

Rod
07-07-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm using the FAST wide band set up here's the link to the webpage (http://shop.nocalspeedshop.com/FAST-Wide-Band-Air-Fuel-Ratio-Analog-Gauge-Kits-FST-170634.htm)many of the top cars are using this one with absolutely no problems and this one was also featured in camaro performers being installed on a second GEN camaro, I have one also in my own Driver (1968 Camaro) and and have no problems, bad news is I don't have any in stock right now but I can get it within a day for you, I'm sure many will chime in on what there using! gook luck

Rhino
07-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I just had an LC-1 that finally gave up the ghost. After quite a bit of research I ended up ordering a NGK AFX w/ NTK sensor.

The unit was actually engineered by ECM, the gold standard of lab grade widebands. (It was engineered as a low cost version of the AFM1000) As such, many respected industry tuners have said it's one of the most accurate "hobby" grade unit's to buy. It can use the widely available Bosch, NTK, or more expensive lab grade sensors if you're so inclined.
The down side is that it can't emulate a narrow band and also produce a wideband output like the LC-1 could have. The output also isn't as configurable as the LC-1 was. Both are small prices to pay for the accuracy it's said to have.

Hinson Supercars has it on sale for $260 currently. You can have it on your doorstep next day from Jegs for $299.

The AEM doesn't have any way of performing a free air calibration. That knocked it off my list before going any further.

JamesJ
07-07-2010, 02:09 PM
I have the NGK AFX in my camaro, the only thing that I will say is I think that i is easier to read when you have an analog gauge, one with a needle as oppose to a digital readout. I just ordered an Innovate one that will plug into my LM1 on another car but they also have full kits as well http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/index.html

shmoov69
07-07-2010, 06:54 PM
I don't have one but I have heard nothing but good from the FAST unit. And they are pretty good people too!

DeltaT
07-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Check out FJO Racing. They make some pretty cool electronics - I picked their wideband O2 controller then Holley started OEM-ing their wideband stuff as well. I also have their alky controller and pump kit and it is top notch. All manuals available online.

Jim

DButler
07-08-2010, 04:05 AM
I am going to look into these. I was recommended to get the Innovate LM2. I had a friend that had a FAST system and he liked it. The guy doing the tuning on my car said the FAST systems can spike because of the way the sensor heats up and can give you false readings.

DButler
07-08-2010, 04:24 AM
The FJO kit looks very good. Does it come with a sensor? Also whats the price of the unit? The NGK kit looks good as well and its seems really affordable. I know NGK is really good when it comes to this market so I am looking at theirs as well. I am just trying to find a unit that is affordable but well rounded with datalooging capabilities. The FJO seems to have it all. Do you guys know about innovate?

Rhino
07-08-2010, 06:09 AM
I did look at the LM-2. It seems to be a good unit, however I wanted to keep things below $300. I do know it does log to an SD card. Pretty cool to know you don't have to lug it back in to pull the logs.
My LC-1 treated me good for a few years, even though it was pretty fickle. I wouldn't have a problem buying innovate again.

Are you doing fuel injection or carb? The reason I ask is that with EFI you're usually going to have tuning software that has much better logging than a wideband will have.

DButler
07-08-2010, 06:24 AM
I am going with carb. The guy tuning it said he could get me the LM2 out the door for $400. Do you feel that this is worth 100 dollars more? Also my carb I bought does not have boost reference power valves what do you think about this?

Rhino
07-08-2010, 06:40 AM
There are a number of LM-2 devices. The cheapest of which is $349 @ Jegs. Do you know which one that is?

Given that you're using a carb, and need better logging, I would say it was worth it. I wasn't concerned with logging on the AFX since I'm using it in conjunction with my tuning software.
Someone smarter than me will have to answer your other question. I've never worked FI with a carb.

DButler
07-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I am going with the LM2. He is getting me the kit that is usually like 479 for 400.

Rhino
07-08-2010, 10:48 AM
That's an awesome price! Let us know what you think once you get it.

DButler
07-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Will do and thanks for all the info.

Rod
07-08-2010, 01:06 PM
what model LM-2 device you looking for? what maker? I can help save you a few bucks on some parts

heres an example
NEW just released as stated on there website Innovate LM-2 digital air/fuel ratio meter BASIC kits combine an air/fuel ratio meter and a full-function 32-channel data logger to deliver a complete tuning workshop for less than the cost of one dyno day. Whether you have a piggyback fuel controller, a race carburetor, an aftermarket ECU, ODB-II tuning software, or a flash/chip programmer, Does not include software, OBD-II cable, SD memory card, or carrying case

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
P/N: 3837 please review manufactures website

innovate retail $349.00 and $13.00 ship
Summit $349.00 and $9.95 ship
your price $339.00 free Ship from us
let me know what model some times theirs a day or two delay from the warehouse across the bay

John Wright
07-08-2010, 03:11 PM
$349 @Jegs...not sure about shipping....saw that kit earlier today.

gkring
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I have been looking at a couple of the lm2 model 3806 on eBay for $350. These include the accessories like obdII plug and rpm pickup and data log card not includes in the basic kit. These guys must be selling for pennies over cost.

Larry Callahan
07-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Autometer makes a wideband gauge with an output. It's what I use to view my AFR full time and feed a signal to my ecu.

RSX302
07-08-2010, 08:41 PM
FYI for a replacement 5 wire O2. Honda Pt# 36531-P07-003

http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/wbntk.htm

http://www.oxygensensor.net/ntk_o2/24300.php

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NGK-NTK-24300-L2H2-L1H1-5-wire-Wideband-Oxygen-Sensor-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19b9299096QQitemZ11048 0691350QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Rod
07-08-2010, 10:26 PM
I have been looking at a couple of the lm2 model 3806 on eBay for $350. These include the accessories like obdII plug and rpm pickup and data log card not includes in the basic kit. These guys must be selling for pennies over cost.

on Ebay you make up the difference in shipping cost, no tax on shipping or final value fees, so ebay gets none of that cost

DButler
07-09-2010, 04:25 AM
The kit the guy is getting me is the LM2 with all the accessories. Carrying case, sd card and all. The kit on Innovates website sells for 479. Larry my twin setup is similar to yours just I am going blow-thru. From what I read on a mustang forum they did a test on like the top 6 or 9 wideband kits and Innovate won out. Heck I am new to the turbo world so I am learning, it just seemed that Innovates kit had more to offer, better datalogging, self adjustment, and many more details.

Wicked
07-09-2010, 12:06 PM
I've used the NTK AFX with good luck.
I also used it with a Honda NTK wideband but it ships with a Bosch sensor...go figure.
It's also super affordable.
No datalogging feature but I always was using my Autronic ECU to log.