PDA

View Full Version : Need Info. On 2nd Gen. Lower Control Arms

TEDDYS CAMARO
05-09-2005, 02:59 PM
I Need To Know What Lower Control Arms To Use On A 2nd Gen. Camaro. I Am Using Speedtech's Upper Control Arms. I Need To Know If There Is Any Drastic Diffrence Between Stock And Aftermarket Lower Control Arms.

David Pozzi
05-09-2005, 05:50 PM
If you are going to use coil over shocks the tubular lower arms usually have stronger spring pockets and shock mounts. They are the same length as stock so there is no geometry reason to use them. If your stock arms are questionable, tubular arms are an option.

TEDDYS CAMARO
05-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Can I Use Global West Lower Control Arms With Speed Tech Upper Control Arms? I Am Using Hal Coil Overs On The Front.ALSO, I Wanted To Get Herb Abams Tie Rod Ends. Since They Are Out Of Business, Does Anybody Have Any Other Ideas? What About Guldstrand? Thanks!!

LS1Bandit
11-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Running the same setup would like to know about lowers other than GW

hotrod
11-28-2005, 12:53 PM
GW makes their Tracker outer tie rod ends that will adjust your bump steer.

TEDDYS CAMARO
11-28-2005, 03:45 PM
I Think Baer Makes The Tracker Outer Tir Rod Ends, Not Gw. But Thanks For The Info.

hotrod
11-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Yes your right. I'm confused as usual. :)

David Pozzi
11-28-2005, 10:47 PM
I doubt you need any special outer tie rod ends, second gen's aren't known for bumpsteer problems. I didnt check my wife's 73 camaro but just drove it in an open track at Buttonwillow last weekend and the steering was great.

We have Global West upper arms, stock lower arms, Delrin bushings with Hotchkis springs and anti-roll bars. We have the Hotchkis tie rod adjuster sleeves.
I wouldn't use a Rod end for steering unless there was no other way. they are expensive and won't last as long as a stock type tie rod end.
David

LS1Bandit
11-29-2005, 05:33 AM
i am interested in who makes lower control arms for the coilover setups.