PDA

View Full Version : air ride for 1971 Ford Torino 500

Torino500
07-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Sent Air Ride two e-mail with no reply! Has any buddy up graded there Torino, and with what.

marolf101x
07-06-2010, 04:05 PM
I know Mark Bowler (Bowler Performance Transmissions) just built a Torino with our stuff on it. I'm not sure exactly what it used, but I think it was a Mustang front kit and a weld in rear 4-link. I'll have to do some checking and get back to you.

marolf101x
07-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Well, I've found more information for you.

Looks like they started with our kit for the 67-70 Mustang:
http://www.ridetech.com/shop/suspension-systems/vehicle-packages/1967-1970-ford-mustang-level-3.html

As the install was not performed by us I have to rely on what the installer remembers changing. After it was installed it came to our shop where we made a few more changes to get everything perfect.

The front required a spacer for the Shockwave (and possibly different length Shockwaves, though I couldn't find the notes on it).

The rear required different length 4-link bars. I'm not sure if they had to make changes to the AirBar bridge or if it bolted in with no problems.

I'll keep looking for answers and post them here.

If you want please feel free to call us to discuss the level of difficulty. Myself (Britt) or Rodney will be able to help.

Thanks for the interest in our parts.

Torino500
07-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Thanks for all the help. The plans are drive the car to Norwalk Ohio next month. Than after that start working on the car some before the winter tear down.

marolf101x
07-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Here's a link to the build:
http://www.classicrestorations-online.com/70torino.htm

geomerc
05-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Hey Britt, you guys made any progress on air ride for the torino/montego crowd? I was thinking front ends should be the same. I know for the rearend that the springs are longer on the torino by an inch or so compared to the mustang, other than that I don't know of any differences, but I'm not an engineer either. You need a car for some measurements?

George

marolf101x
05-12-2011, 03:47 AM
George,

I sent you an IM, but I thought I'd post here as well. We have not done much regarding the Torino as there simply isn't much interest in this car.
Maybe we are wrong. . .Any Torino/Montego guys out there looking at suspension parts? (we now have coil-overs as well as air suspension)

-Britt-