PDA

View Full Version : Autocross ET's...

69BRRRD
07-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Is it possible to gather and post everybody's best elapsed time for the autocross? There were a LOT of first-timers there this weekend (including me) and it would be great to see where we stood in the group...

JEFFTATE
07-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Yes !!
I have lots of notes on paper and hi-res photos of the eraser boards..
I will get them posted very soon ...

cmraman
07-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Actually, it would be difficult because they are all so different unless you use the Good Guys only, because they keep the courses pretty much the same sizes.

HectorM52
07-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Actually, it would be difficult because they are all so different unless you use the Good Guys only, because they keep the courses pretty much the same sizes.
I think he was referring to our event only...

And to answer your question, Ken, yes I'll try to get something together.

RS_Customs
07-05-2010, 08:10 PM
I was trying to get it all up today, but I will have it up Tuesday. Pictures of the boards and written up so you can see everyones fastest runs for each day.

Robert

JEFFTATE
07-06-2010, 06:09 AM
Thanks Robert

HectorM52
07-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Well, I took a few minutes and plugged in what I could find from all my pics.

This is for the morning and afternoon sessions Saturday ONLY. These do NOT include the runoff times...obviously, since Finch's Vette posted the lowest overall time after the runoff.

But at least this gives a good idea of where we stood!

The yellow cells include TWO seconds for each cone that was punted. Sucks...as I would have been in the top ten if it weren't for that damn cone!!!

Anyone else notice the large gap between third place and fourth??? We gotta get to work to catch Finch!!!!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/Saturday_Times_No_Runoffsized-1.jpg

71duster
07-06-2010, 10:31 AM
hey adam. good runnin' and gunnin' with you this weekend! hope to see you at RTTH'S! sorry i didn't get to see you before you left.

HectorM52
07-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I had a blast both Saturday and Sunday. You were some good competition so I'm glad you were around both days too!!

It was my father in law's birthday Saturday and we were celebrating Sunday night so I had to run after Bill announced the times. Sorry I didn't get to do all the goodbyes!

I am already registered for RTTH and I'm looking forward to it already!!! See you there.

If and when I get bored again I'll try to do a spreadsheet for Sunday's times too.

fletcherscustoms
07-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Wow thats depressing!! Nothing like trying to drive a brick through the turns!! We got the rear torn down trying to find the problem now!! Maybe after I get the spool out the rear, she'll turn

69BRRRD
07-06-2010, 12:07 PM
:bananna2:Hey Adam that chart totally rocks! That's exactly what I wanted to see! Great work my friend!

71duster
07-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I had a blast both Saturday and Sunday. You were some good competition so I'm glad you were around both days too!!

It was my father in law's birthday Saturday and we were celebrating Sunday night so I had to run after Bill announced the times. Sorry I didn't get to do all the goodbyes!

I am already registered for RTTH and I'm looking forward to it already!!! See you there.

If and when I get bored again I'll try to do a spreadsheet for Sunday's times too.

i need to check my work schedule and see if i am off or have to take vacation. i should see you there,but i am going to up the ante a little! i have been on the phone today calling about more toys!:fingersx:he,he,he! see ya there!

JEFFTATE
07-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks Adam !
I'm working with Robert on some more charts too..
It's nice to have guys like you that volunteer to do this stuff..

THANKS !!!

RS_Customs
07-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Ok, I need some help. i have the times in a nice excel spread sheet but have forgotten how to get it into a post with the correct formatting. I have to wake up before the sun tomorrow, so I have to give up for tonight.

Anyone wanna give me some guidance or take what I have and post it?

Robert

RS_Customs
07-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, I cheated, maybe these will work.

Robert
Saturday First Session
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/SaturdayFirstSession-1.jpg

Sunday First and Second Sessions
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/SundayFirstandSecondSession-1.jpg

stage2ROUSH
07-10-2010, 09:09 AM
was lap#12 on Sunday the shootout times??

HectorM52
07-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Nope, remember we did two sessions of 6 laps (morning and afternoon) then the shootout was three more laps.

I have a pic of the shootout times, let me see if I can find it...

RS_Customs
07-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Yep, what Adam said. I shot Jeff all the info I posted in excel. I think he be posting up the top times.

Robert

HectorM52
07-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Top run-off times from SUNDAY...
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/IMG00025_20100704_1502sized-1.jpg

stage2ROUSH
07-10-2010, 10:11 AM
cool thx !! still really happy with my lap#9 time.

JEFFTATE
07-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I haven't posted them yet ..
Sorry ,
I'm still sorting through the notes ..

HectorM52
07-10-2010, 11:39 AM
cool thx !! still really happy with my lap#9 time.
I would say so...since that was the fastest run of the day!!!

RS_Customs
07-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Top run-off times from SUNDAY...
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/IMG00025_20100704_1502sized-1.jpg

Finally some honda love, lol. Just kidding! I will get to work on build the muscle car soon enough.

Robert

cheapthrillz
07-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Finally some honda love, lol. Just kidding! I will get to work on build the muscle car soon enough.

Robert

Robert, you would have had the fastest run of the day if you hadn't hit that one cone....

You ran a 34.229 +1

Talk about some import love.... you would have spanked EVERYBODY on Sunday lol.

RS_Customs
07-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Robert, you would have had the fastest run of the day if you hadn't hit that one cone....

You ran a 34.229 +1

I never got a look at the top 10 individual run offs. So I hit a cone on that run? I thought I just got slow, lol.

Robert

HectorM52
07-10-2010, 08:09 PM

You ran a 34.229 +1

I looked twice and don't see that time...where is that???

RS_Customs
07-10-2010, 08:12 PM
I looked twice and don't see that time...where is that???

I think maybe he was helping record the run offs on sunday that they wouldn't tell us.

Robert

HectorM52
07-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Well he needs to tell us about ALL of them!!!!

RS_Customs
07-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Well he needs to tell us about ALL of them!!!!

Lol, ya, or maybe Jeff will have them?
Not sure he does though. I didn't see them when I swung by last week to get some of the times straight.

Robert

cheapthrillz
07-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Ha ha, yea.... I was the kid with the cowboy hat helping Bill write the scores down....

RS_Customs
07-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Ha ha, yea.... I was the kid with the cowboy hat helping Bill write the scores down....

Some how we have been to a couple of the same events and we have not meet yet. Thanks for helping Bill out while we were playing, lol.

Robert

JEFFTATE
07-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Lol, ya, or maybe Jeff will have them?
Not sure he does though. I didn't see them when I swung by last week to get some of the times straight.

Robert

Sorry guys , I've been so behind ever since the event ended.
I'm still getting caught up on household duties ( laundry , grocery shopping , housecleaning ) since my wife is still recovering.

I'll get all the times I have posted soon..

JEFFTATE
07-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Ok , I finally got some charts to post.

Saturday's First Session ( complete times ) and Sundays First and Second Session ( complete times) have already been posted on the first page of this thread.
So , I'm not gonna' re-post them..
All I'm gonna post is the top ten of each day , and Saturday's
second session. ( and some commentary)

These are the fastest 10 cars from Saturdays First Session.
Notice how , out of the top 10 cars , 3 are imports. ( The Mazda RX8 , Miata , and S2000 )

Brian Finch had the fastest car of the session , with his 2nd gen Camaro , while Mark Strong had the next fastest car with his RX8.
Finch's 1966 Vette would have been the 3rd place car , but we decided to give someone else a chance at the top ten and moved the Vette to an exhibition place.
( Brian said he didn't mind )

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

JEFFTATE
07-25-2010, 11:45 AM
This is obviously Saturday's Second Session.

We let the fastest 10 cars (from the first session) run together (one after another) , that way , they could do a ride along with the slower drivers and give them some pointers.
So , they are out of order from the first session.
But , the times are still tracked by car #.

James Harrell's car had given him an electrical problem ( we think the battery had a broken plate ) , so he had gone home

JEFFTATE
07-25-2010, 11:55 AM
These are Saturday's Second Session ( End of the day) times.
Notice how the top ten cars times had improved during the day.
Brian in the Camaro and Mark in RX8 were still pushing themselves for lower et.'s.

Three of the top ten cars had to leave early ( family commitments ) .
So we brought in the next 3 cars and let them run..

Also , (this is very important) , notice that Mark in the RX8 had the lowest et.( a 34.840) of the top ten runoff , barely beating Brian Finch's Camaro.
Brian had decided to run the '66 Vette as "exhibition", to let someone else be in the top ten.
But he came back and ran the quickest time of the day in the vette!! ( a 34.500 )
So , Brian in the '66 Vette actually ran the quickest time of the day , but he wasn't really in the top ten runoff..

Good Stuff !!

JEFFTATE
07-25-2010, 12:10 PM
These are Sundays end of the day top ten qualifying times and the runoff times.

We had changed the track and opened it up , to make it more musclecar friendly , for Sundays event.
So , Saturday and Sundays times can't really be compared to each other.

Scott Smith , in the Mustang , really came around on Sunday.
Robert Scheitlin , brought his newly Integra-Engine-Swapped Accord out and beat up on us too..
And Chuck Strawn had his 911 in the mix..

In the left column is everyones qualifying time for the top ten .
In the right column is their runoff time.
Some people actually slowed down during the runoff.
Maybe they were trying too hard or the heat was killing the cars power.

I really enjoy seeing the comparison of musclecars with late models , domestics , and imports !!
That's the CHALLENGE !!

I have to apologize to Bill Howell for the top ten on Sunday.
I forgot to look at the first session times for Sunday , I didn't count his Charger's times and he would have been in the top ten..
Sorry Bill.
Bill caught my mistake , but I had already announced the top ten to everybody , so Bill said he would just run the timing equipment and let someone else have the fun...

RS_Customs
07-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Cool! Thanks for getting that up Jeff. Any chance you have the times and cone counts for each run off on Sundays top 10?

Robert

JEFFTATE
07-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Cool! Thanks for getting that up Jeff. Any chance you have the times and cone counts for each run off on Sundays top 10?

Robert

No , sorry.
I lost a lot of info in the shuffle (of pieces of paper) over the weekend.
Some of my notes had no headings at the top of the page.
I was busy driving my car , working the event , and didn't have time to keep good notes.
I have a remedy for the next event.
It's called a secretary with a laptop ..

This won't happen next year.

cheapthrillz
07-26-2010, 05:49 AM

Robert

I was keeping the times for each of the Runoffs. Bill and I would write down each person's time for each lap, then transfer the fastest of those to the notebook. Then we erased the times off of the white board so that you nosy asses couldn't get a peek lol.

So basically, we don't have the lap times for the runoff. We just kept the fastest lap....

HectorM52
07-26-2010, 07:00 AM
Jeff, I got your PM. Though it looks like you figured out how to get it posted. I did the same, basically just converted the excel sheet to a PDF then a PDF to a JPG. Three step process. Pain in the butt.

I think I was the biggest loser on Sunday...I went more than a half-second slower during the runoff as compared to the qualifying. Guess I was trying too hard.

I'm ready for next year!!!

JEFFTATE
07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm ready for next year too !

stage2ROUSH
08-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Really hope we can make it next year !!! it was great being able to put names/cars with member names.