PDA

View Full Version : T-56 Clutch Master Cyl.....HELP!! :)

RatMalibu
05-09-2005, 09:53 AM
ok guys need some help here....I need a 1" bore F-Body Style clutch master.......anyone know of anything? the McLeod is smaller than 1" from what I've been told, and the throwout bearing that i'm getting needs a 1"..........help please lol

thanks

RatMalibu
05-09-2005, 02:44 PM
eh nevermind.....I ordered the willwood and am just going to make it work

andrewb70
05-09-2005, 06:04 PM
What throw out bearing are you using? A 1 inch bore master will give you a TON of travel with most available TO bearings. Be careful that you do not over travel the clutch.

Andrew

RatMalibu
05-09-2005, 06:12 PM
I ordered the Weir bellhousing...Bob Weir said I needed to use a 1" bore master so I'll take his word for it I suppose....... my biggest problem now will be making the master cylinder with its 90 degree mounting flange work on the firewall that has pretty close to the same angle as the 4th gen F-Body........time to fab up a angled spacer I guess lol

SmooveG
05-11-2005, 06:16 PM
I had this same unresolved problem (G body) so let me know how it works.
I noticed on the side of my smallblock there are two parallel threaded
holes that look like the tilton or a bracket for it would mount there but I've never seen the Tilton up close.

Good luck to ya

G
WWW.SmooveG.com (http://www.SmooveG.com)

Camaro Zach
05-11-2005, 10:28 PM
i used a Willwood master cyl. on my Roadster. It was a t-5 but basically the same thing.... Got a braided stainless line made and its all good

iansane
05-31-2005, 12:47 PM
I've got the same weir setup. When I ordered, the wilwood unit was backordered so I used a tilton unit. The adapter bracket I had to make to get the right angle was FUNKY. Good luck.

RatMalibu
05-31-2005, 06:42 PM
well....next snag in my plan happens to be the fact that cylinder #5's header tube wraps around the steering shaft and occupies the same space needed by the master cyl ......researching different headers now

iansane your install was on a g-body? and if so you wouldn't happen to have a picture of your adapter bracket would ya?

iansane
06-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Oh sorry. No, it wasn't on a gbody. It was a 91 fbody.