PDA

View Full Version : My wife is sick so .....

JEFFTATE
06-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Ok guys , my wife Rhonda is pretty sick and is in the hospital with blood clots in her legs ..
I may need a little extra help this weekend , because I'll be on call for her too ..
She should be coming home in the next couple of days , but I may have to shorten some of my duties this weekend .. to be home with her..

I haven't had a chance to get :

1) Chalk to mark the cones with
2) Big coolers with water to share ..

So , if anybody wants to help out , I'd appreciate it ..

My mind is gonna' be little pre-occupied this weekend ..

If anyone has any helpful ideas , at all , let me know ..
Thanks ,
Jeff Tate

Larry Callahan
06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Man, so sorry to hear. If there is ANYTHING I can do from here please let me know.

ProdigyCustoms
06-29-2010, 02:10 AM
Hope she gets better Jeff. Wish we could be there.

GeoffP
06-29-2010, 04:16 AM
Jeff,

Let me know what I can do to help. I'm planning to be there around 8:30-9:00 Saturday morning. My tentative plan is to drive my car with my wife following in our Tahoe. I can bring a cooler of ice for sure.

John Wright
06-29-2010, 04:28 AM
Sorry to hear about your wife, Jeff. Thoughts and prayers out for her quick recovery.

protouring70
06-29-2010, 04:30 AM
Jeff, I will be there early Sat to help set up!!! And I will talk to David Fri to see what else I might be able to do.

And I am sorry to hear about your wife, hope she gets to doing better!!!!

ACR-Mark
06-29-2010, 05:13 AM
Jeff, sorry to hear about your wife. I hope everything turns out ok.
My plan was to be there at 7:00 am and help you with the course, but if that's too early, let me know. I've got all the chalk we need, and would love to help out with anything.
I've got some cool ideas for courses, as I've designed courses for our local autocross club over the years. Hopefully people won't mind if the rotary guy helps out with the layout. I can be of assistance wherever needed.

71duster
06-29-2010, 05:41 AM
we will be down friday morn with the car on the trailer if you need it for anything. you said you need some chaulk for the cones? let me know and i think i could pick up some big chaulk in town.

SparkyRnD
06-29-2010, 05:57 AM
Jeff, I'm sorry to hear about your wife as well (my buddy's wife just had blood-clots in her legs and was in the hospital last week, around the same age-range too).

We'll have at least two coolers, possibly more at our little tent on saturday. It'll be filled with ice, water and probably some gatorade as well. Anything else we can do to help, just let us know.

JEFFTATE
06-29-2010, 06:29 AM
Thanks Guys !

We are gonna' have a good time..
My in laws are gonna' come stay with my wife during the event..
Thanks for being on stand-by for me ..
( I just need to know that everyone can handle it , if I have to leave on the spur of the moment )
I look at these events as "participant" events anyway.
Not entertainmant events.
So , everyone helps out..
( Less Disneyland / more BoyScouts )

Thanks for helping ..

Mike Holleman
06-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks Guys !

We are gonna' have a good time..
My in laws are gonna' come stay with my wife during the event..
Thanks for being on stand by for me ..
( I just need to know that everyone can handle it , if I have to leave on the spur of the moment )
I look at these events as "participant" events anyway.
Not entertainmant events.
So , everyone helps out..
( Less Disneyland / more BoyScouts )

Thanks for helping ..
Jeff, Really sorry to hear about Rhonda's health. That's not a pleasant thing to deal with, but she will be OK. Hate I'm not able to make the event but the 4th is a big weekend for my family. You guys have a big time.
Mike

Tucks69
06-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Sorry to hear about your wife Jeff, hopes she gets well soon. I will be there Friday. I have a small ez up tent for shade and chairs. My wife and son are coming,so if we need ice or water she said she would make a run for us. If you need anything else let me know.
Michael

ColSanders
06-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Jeff, I will be there with 2 coolers with ice and bottle water. I also have a canopy to use

69BRRRD
06-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Jeff I know everyone will understand if you can't give it "your all" this weekend and we'll be fine, don't worry! We all are in this for the fun anyway so relax and care for the really important one in your life.
Jim Grayson and I will be up Friday morning. I'm gonna bring a cooler with water bottles to the auto-x and anything else you need please feel free to ask. :)
My cell number is 404-259-2466

BonzoHansen
06-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Jeff, I hope your wife feels better soon. I can tell you how much of a downer it is to have the lady of the house down for the count.

cheapthrillz
06-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Jelvis, I'm coming up on Friday with Wes. I don't have a car to drive in the auto-x's so I can help out with whatever needs to be done.... I hope your wife gets to feeling better!

JEFFTATE
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks for all the kind words guys..
You guys are like my family , I appreciate that ..

Rhonda is home from the hospital.
Her leg still hurts..
But she has been cleared from the hospital , and there is no immediate danger of a fatality..

BUT !
She is pissed ( redhead ) about missing any part of the event..
She has demanded that I bring her all 3 days !!
And she is even more pissed that she is on blood thinners and cannot ride her horse !!
She says she feels useless and refuses to live life in a bubble..
(She's gonna hurt someone soon ...)

RS_Customs
06-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Just saw the thread, glad Rhonda is out of the hospital. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

I also have a cooler I can bring, but sounds like there may be more than enough already, lol.

Robert

93Polo
07-01-2010, 09:32 AM
I 2nd Robert's post. Good to hear she is better. Sounds like she has the same will power as my redhead friend out in Texas who would love to make the event.

Let me know if you need anything carried out to the event I can bring the truck.

Steve Chryssos
07-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Jeff,
We're so glad to hear that her health is improving. Regardless we will be there to help starting Friday night And we're staying throughout the weekend. Since my car is down, we will have nothing but free time on our hands to help out with the event.

Please call me on my cell phone and do NOT be afraid to bark orders. Whatever you need, just ask.
/Steevo

Bill Howell
07-01-2010, 06:54 PM
I should be there by noon Jeff. Truck is loaded, including wheel chair. Timing and cones on board, so all is set as far as I know. Mark is bringing the vette down also later tomorrow.

tazzz25906112
07-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Jeff, I'm glad to hear the good news that she's doing better now. I will unfortunately not be able to attend this weekend as I had hoped.

Steve that"s exactly the stuff I was referring to in the other thread bud.....