PDA

View Full Version : Camaro Performers - 8 Pages

Danny Thomas
06-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks to Steve and Nick for the 8 pages of coverage for RTTC 1. That was an awesome week and this just brought back all the memories and fun. Bill, Yancy and I appreciate the coverage and look forward to RTTC 2

mdprovee
06-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks Steve, I made page 66. Pretty cool and I can hardly wait till the next time.

hotrod69camaro
06-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks Nick and Steve. There is a photo of me in my car on page 66. First time for me in any magazine. I'm glad its in Camaro Performers first. I looks better with the new wheels. Faster too..... Cant wait to do it again.....Thanks... Mike

CarlC
07-02-2010, 10:06 PM
With Steve's pics of my mug and the tire carnage I did my fair share of uglying up such a great magazine.

chr2002ca
07-04-2010, 09:51 PM
No, I think I get the award for ruling the carnage section of the article. Yes! I just had this 'gut' feeling I'd make an appearance there. I'm also exceptionally happy they were able to add to my glamour by mentioning my horrid road course time and leaving out the fairly respectable Autocross time I turned in given only 1 timed run before the rod bearing totally gave out. When you stick 'em with that rusty knife be sure to twist it a bit. Thanks!

The rest of the article rocked though and it was great to see all the members' rides there. Congrats to all of you who got shots of your cars in action! Great stuff!

DFRESH
07-04-2010, 10:14 PM
No, I think I get the award for ruling the carnage section of the article. Yes! I just had this 'gut' feeling I'd make an appearance there. I'm also exceptionally happy they were able to add to my glamour by mentioning my horrid road course time and leaving out the fairly respectable Autocross time I turned in given only 1 timed run before the rod bearing totally gave out. When you stick 'em with that rusty knife be sure to twist it a bit. Thanks!

The rest of the article rocked though and it was great to see all the members' rides there. Congrats to all of you who got shots of your cars in action! Great stuff!

LOL man. You are too funny. Still haven't see my mag yet---

Chris--auto cross day at Camirillo Airport bro--Sept 18th. $50 bucks. You in? Say yes!! Go to main page here and look under "Westen States" at bottom of page---where no one ever looks. It's under there.

Doug

Vegas69
07-05-2010, 09:33 PM
I liked my part. :2nd:

Steve1968LS2
07-05-2010, 09:48 PM

I could only put the times they gave me.. sadly they didn't give me an autocross time for you.

I would have ran an action shot but the only image I had was in the pits.. you sound upset, but I didn't want to leave you out of the story.. :shrug:

Steve1968LS2
07-05-2010, 09:49 PM
To everyone.. missed this thread somehow.

Glad most of you liked the coverage and thanks for making my job easier by beating on your cars.

I had a rule that every Camaro being ran gets covered and with that many Camaros it was tough but they all got in... :)

chr2002ca
07-06-2010, 06:28 AM
I could only put the times they gave me.. sadly they didn't give me an autocross time for you.

I would have ran an action shot but the only image I had was in the pits.. you sound upset, but I didn't want to leave you out of the story.. :shrug:

Well that's unfortunate they didn't provide you with an Autocross time for me because it's certainly there in the 'RTTC Official Results' thread. As for the photo, I guess next time I'll make my 4 laps on the road course and 2 runs on the Autocross after Doug Renner instead of before, and maybe the camera that was used to shoot him on the Autocross will still be in position for me! I guess my bad luck at the event(engine, official results, photos) had multiple personalities.

Yah, I'm still upset that my new GM crate motor died on me after 2000 miles and I didn't get to finish the event, do the parade lap, and hang out at the BBQ afterwards. Can you tell? :nopity: LOL. Oh well, there's always next year, or other hobbies. Surfing was so much cheaper. LOL

As I said, it was a great article Steve and it was great to see how you featured all the other members' Camaros the way you did. Awesome job! :cheers:

DFRESH
07-06-2010, 06:42 AM
I'm still waiting for my mag to show up---I must be last on the list or something.

Steve1968LS2
07-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Well that's unfortunate they didn't provide you with an Autocross time for me because it's certainly there in the 'RTTC Official Results' thread. As for the photo, I guess next time I'll make my 4 laps on the road course and 2 runs on the Autocross after Doug Renner instead of before, and maybe the camera that was used to shoot him on the Autocross will still be in position for me! I guess my bad luck at the event(engine, official results, photos) had multiple personalities.

Yah, I'm still upset that my new GM crate motor died on me after 2000 miles and I didn't get to finish the event, do the parade lap, and hang out at the BBQ afterwards. Can you tell? :nopity: LOL. Oh well, there's always next year, or other hobbies. Surfing was so much cheaper. LOL

As I said, it was a great article Steve and it was great to see how you featured all the other members' Camaros the way you did. Awesome job! :cheers:

Sorry, your auto-x wasn't on my list.. Carl didn't have road course times listed either even though I saw him run. :shrug:

I wasn't shooting your group.. kind of hard to be everywhere all the time. The shot I have of your car and Dougs came from someone else. Still, it's not like you got bad photo.. it just wasn't an action shot.

chr2002ca
07-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Well, like I said, I guess my luck was running really bad in many aspects for that event but I hope to have better luck next year.

And it will be nice to see Bad Penny out there running too. It's kinda strange seeing these articles and results without her included.

ProdigyCustoms
07-06-2010, 11:17 AM
I had a rule that every Camaro being ran gets covered and with that many Camaros it was tough but they all got in... :)

But you missed the rental car! I thought that was kinda cool!

Steve1968LS2
07-06-2010, 12:27 PM
But you missed the rental car! I thought that was kinda cool!

Didn't want to get anyone in trouble.. could see the plates in every shot..

ProdigyCustoms
07-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, they might find that cone rash they missed when I turned it in, LOL! next time I want a 6 speed!

DFRESH
07-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Steve/Nick--thanks a bunch for the coverage of the event---I got my mag today--great issue! Glad to see my car got a pic in there--thanks for that---very cool. Love the commentary about the party and Elvis--nice touch. Looking forward to the next one for sure.

Doug

Steve1968LS2
07-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Steve/Nick--thanks a bunch for the coverage of the event---I got my mag today--great issue! Glad to see my car got a pic in there--thanks for that---very cool. Love the commentary about the party and Elvis--nice touch. Looking forward to the next one for sure.

Doug

Nice to know someone's happy with it... lol

Larry Callahan
07-09-2010, 11:10 AM
The coverage was great. I can't wait for next year. I'm already working on some things that added a few seconds to every event I ran.

After that it's time to get working on the amateur driver.