PDA

View Full Version : willwood/tci question

turbosonoma
06-27-2010, 10:14 AM
so i order a tci pro touring front end and request the biggest brakes possible, that is 14" with the smaller 9.44" sl6r radial mount caliper, then i ordered brakes for the back to match the front, my options are 13 or 14", since the price difference is minimal i went for 14's, these come with a completely different 4 piston caliper that has the three round impressions on each side so youd think it is a 6 piston and its huge compared to the front one , like 1.5" longer and wider and bigger the other way to. so i cant exactly put completely looking bigger calipers on the back than the front, so what got messed up here? initially i told tci i wanted bigger front calipers as the sl6r looks very small against the 14" rotor, but they said thats the only one they can do, so must i downgrade rear brakes now or???

Wilwood Tech
06-28-2010, 07:42 AM
It sounds like you got a W4A kit for the rear. The matching front lit would be a W6A. It looks identical to the W4A, but has six pistons. Most of our W6A kits will fit the same applications as our SL6 big brake kits. You may want to check back with TCI and see if they have a W6A kit that will fit your application. Good Luck!

TCI Engineering
06-28-2010, 02:38 PM
I just got off the phone with Rich from Hot Rods & Classics. It sounds like we are all on the same page now.

It sounds like you got a W4A kit for the rear. The matching front lit would be a W6A. It looks identical to the W4A, but has six pistons. Most of our W6A kits will fit the same applications as our SL6 big brake kits. You may want to check back with TCI and see if they have a W6A kit that will fit your application. Good Luck!

"We can get these calipers for you, but do not currently make a bracket that will "cross over" or "convert" from the dimensions and bracket needed for the Superlite, to the W6A.

Mike will be sending us some new hats and rotors to design new brackets for our spindles.
-J