PDA

View Full Version : Official RTTHS6 Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Bill Howell
06-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Can you believe it, the sixth annual RTTHS. It will be Sept. 17-19.
The registration will be up early next week.

Itinerary:
Friday: Cruise the Dragon and BBQ at Precision Hot Rods
Plan on leaving Main Stay at 12 NOON
Saturday: Autocrossing at the Stadium. We will meet at the stadium at 7AM, must be off the lot by 4PM
Sunday: Dragracing and Speed/Stop Challenge at 411 Dragway

Official RTTHs 6 rules.
1.Registration will be open this week. Please register and pay, either by paypal or sending me a check if you intend to attend. In the past I have let this rule slide, but it just gets too complicated to collect money at the event. Pre registration just makes life easier for everyone.
2. Sorry guys, but no refunds if we have a rain day like we did last year. Insurance and other expenses occur, and even though a rain day is hard to do, I must enforce this rule too. As everyone knows, we fill up the field quickly, so if something happpens and you can not come, it is not a problem to sell your spot, just know this will be up to you, I don't have time to broker spots once they go on sale.
3. As usual with RTTHs we will sell the event al carte, so you can do the things you pick, you don't have to pay for parts you will not be participating in.
4. We will not have separate classes, vendors will run with everyone else. However, as usual, they will not be eligible for prizes.
5. Each ticket will qualify you for a drawing for a grand prize on Sunday. Yes, once again Forgeline and Prodigy Customs has stepped up and will offer a FREE SET of FORGELINES to that lucky participant.
6. To qualify for King of the Hill, you must participate in all of the segments of the event. Cruise on Friday, Autocross, Dragrace and Speed/Stop Challenge.
7. I will post the scoring this year in another post, stay tuned.
8. Host hotel is as usual Main Stay Suites in Pigeon Forge. We have a group of rooms reserved, I know several of you have already registered, be sure and book early so you will be sure to have a room. Here is that link http://www.mainstaypigeonforge.com/ (http://www.mainstaypigeonforge.com/)
9. One Car/One Driver rule. New rule guys, it is getting hard to keep up with different drivers in the same car, and confusion sometimes happens. To stop that, I have decided one driver per car. Also, you can register and drive two or more cars, but must declare which car is running for the win. Any other cars driven by you will be exibition only.
10. With the exception of some guys that help out every year, I am limiting this year's event to 1981 and older cars. I have to turn cars away every year, so figure it is time now to allow only muscle era cars to participate. Sorry guys, but this has been coming. Those that have been before in newer cars and help every year know who you are, and we look forward to seeing you here again this year.

If you are a vendor and would like to display at the event, contact me asap. This will be limited to a few vendors and we already have a pretty good group that come. Cost to display both days is $300 and this includes one spot to run. Additional spots can be bought at regular price.
If you are a vendor that can not attend but would like to offer a door prize, please contact me via pm or call so I can put you down.

This is the last event of the year that you can qualify for the Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge in Nevada the day after SEMA so keep that in mind. It is also the final event for this year's contingency programs so be sure and get in on that.

Melinda and I look forward to seeing everyone and having everyone over to our place. See Ya'll soon.

Bill Howell
06-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Here is the way we will score each segment to come up with the winner of that segment and combine the scores to come up with the King of the Hill. Thanks Jimi Day for letting me borrow your system. There will be three segments, plus a 5 point bonus for the cruise.

First place 10 points
Second place 9 points
Third place 8 points
Fourth place 7 points
Fifth place 6 points
Sixth place 5 points
Seventh place 4 points
Eighth place 3 points
Ninth place 2 points
Tenth place and lower 1 point

In the rare chance that we have a tie, the tie breaker will be the participant with the highest score in the autocross.

protouring70
06-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Wow. I can't believe its this close!!!
If you have never been, let me say that this is an event you don't want to miss!!!

Tucks69
06-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Sounds good Bill!! I will be waiting for the registration post!

Bad94
06-26-2010, 06:22 PM
10. With the exception of some guys that help out every year, I am limiting this year's event to 1981 and older cars. I have to turn cars away every year, so figure it is time now to allow only muscle era cars to participate. Sorry guys, but this has been coming. Those that have been before in newer cars and help every year know who you are, and we look forward to seeing you here again this year.

That rule is only if you plan to run the auto x right?

We may or may not have a pre 1981 car ready. Might bring the turbo truck down again.

But we still plan to come down, im ready to call mainstay.

RodDawg
06-26-2010, 06:42 PM
I look forward to attending again this year.

Bill,

Are you going to have another "1 of 60 t-shirt sale" this year? If so, count me in. I thought that was pretty cool last year.

Bill Howell
06-26-2010, 07:29 PM
I was unclear about something guys. IF you have been here before and participated with a 82 or newer car, that car is welcomed back for exibition only, you will be involved just not eligible for win. It has to be in a car that has been here before though.

I will start a list though for others, in case we don't fill the venue. First come first serve so add your name here now and car type/year.

Bill Howell
06-26-2010, 07:31 PM
No 1/60 shirts this year, I will have a RTTH6 shirt for sale, it will be similar to the RTTC shirt design.

streetrod77
06-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Bill, will there be any other car shows or car events going on not related to RTTH this same weekend? Great, my car may not be ready but I am. I'm thinking this year I need a little break from work.

bigtyme1
06-27-2010, 04:24 AM
Talked to Frank last night and I'm in this year. I just got my Room so were good to go.

Yelcamino
06-27-2010, 04:28 AM
I'm in! Reserved my room last year before I left! :naughty:

dropit69
06-27-2010, 04:39 AM
Bill, will there be any other car shows or car events going on not related to RTTH this same weekend? Great, my car may not be ready but I am. I'm thinking this year I need a little break from work.
this is the same weekend as the Grand fall run ..the parkway will be full of cars almost all for sale and they cruise the parkway every night..quite a site..ill be there as usual..wouldnt miss it..

Bad94
06-27-2010, 06:54 AM
I was unclear about something guys. IF you have been here before and participated with a 82 or newer car, that car is welcomed back for exibition only, you will be involved just not eligible for win. It has to be in a car that has been here before though.

I will start a list though for others, in case we don't fill the venue. First come first serve so add your name here now and car type/year.

Great news there. A know a silver s-10 will be happy to here that.

Also is there going to be a long cruise again this year? Last year was a blast.

Brickyard02ss
06-27-2010, 08:49 AM

Please put me on the list...
Rob Davis
2002 Camaro SS Convertible
Brickyard 400 Festival Car #26 (assigned to Kenny Wallace that year)

Debington
06-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Just reserved our room! We'll be there with the wagon and 66 Chevelle.

Bill Howell
06-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Great to hear it Deb. See yall soon.

HectorM52
06-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Great news there. A know a silver s-10 will be happy to hear that.
Yup, that's true.

Thanks, Bill. I'll be ready to set up some cones with you guys bright and early!!

DLinson
06-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Is there a host hotel? My wife and I are going to go this year. I got the Nova running again with a new fuel tank and pump and it lives again. I can't wait to go and neither can my wife. I plan on driving down on Thursday from St. Louis.

Where do we sign up for the event? I'm in for all of the events.

Dennis

Larry Callahan
06-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Is there a host hotel? My wife and I are going to go this year. I got the Nova running again with a new fuel tank and pump and it lives again. I can't wait to go and neither can my wife. I plan on driving down on Thursday from St. Louis.

Where do we sign up for the event? I'm in for all of the events.

Dennis

Hotel rooms are available at the Mainstay Suites for $79/Thursday night (9/16/10) and $129/Friday and Saturday nights (9/17-18/10). Their phone # is (888) 429-8350. To get these discounted rates, be sure to say you are with the "Pro-Tour Event". Rooms are only going to be held until Sept. 1st.

The registration form should be up within a few days.

nc69rs
06-28-2010, 03:52 AM
Have you confirmed which day the autocross will be yet? It would be nice to know before registration starts. Thanks!

Bobby

bigtyme1
06-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Is there a good reason to get there Thursday? I'm scedule to arrive late thursday night but if needed I can take thursaday off.

dropit69
06-28-2010, 05:01 AM
autocross was always on sat..not sure if thats changed this year but sure Bill will chime in on it..i usually get there on wed just to take in all there is to see and do..went into gatlinberg last year was cool thinking of jamming over to Ashville NC this year see the Biltmore...but if just wanting to come for events thurs night is fine or fri am

Larry Callahan
06-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Have you confirmed which day the autocross will be yet? It would be nice to know before registration starts. Thanks!

Bobby

We won't release the form until we know what day it is and that should be soon.

tazzz25906112
06-28-2010, 05:31 AM
Looking forward to my favorite run of the year buddy..... We'll be in on Wed and my whole gang is pumped to say the least...

HectorM52
06-28-2010, 05:48 AM
autocross was always on sat..not sure if thats changed this year but sure Bill will chime in on it..

I am working out one detail and will have that nailed down hopefully tomorrow. We may be forced to have the drag day on Saturday and Autocross on Sunday, I will know tomorrow. Just keep that in mind as you plan your trip, don't want anyone disappointed.

I think this is why he was asking about the autocross. Either way, I'm just hoping it is sunny on whatever day is planned for AutoX!!!

Bow Tie 67
06-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Subscribed, Darrin you got me covered? I have no idea what my schedule will be, but no vacation week this year.

Danny Thomas
06-28-2010, 06:11 AM
Must be some logistic issue with strip or parking lot that Bill is resolving. The events start on Friday with cruise and meal and the strip and auto x Sat and Sun. Bill, does Yancy and I qualify for Forgelines since we are not part of RTTH ownsership..lol..let me know what you want me to help with and count the Black Pearl in as participant

ProdigyCustoms
06-28-2010, 06:54 AM
We will be there is a assortment of 69 Camaros. Red, Yellow and Black.

Real happy to hear about the alumini rule as Lisa's 2000 WS6 was at the first RTTH's, and she has autocross bug so it will be there to!

796spdbu
06-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Just reserved my room. Now I need to screw something old together..so I can come have some fun!!

tazzz25906112
06-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Man Greg your not going to get any sleep if you plan to do the build before then LOL,,, call me bud.

cmraman
06-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Can't make it again this year. GG in Joliet is conflicting.

David Sloan
06-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Hey Bill
You got my room right LOL! I am coming to help out again!

Thanks

MIGOAT
06-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Were going and hopefully i will have the motor in so i can keep up! and hopefully be able to participate in the event.

dropit69
06-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Subscribed, Darrin you got me covered? I have no idea what my schedule will be, but no vacation week this year.
Yeah i have a room reserved from last year..same deal..ill prolly go down on wed ..maybe tues and hang out since im on vac..

markd
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
We will be there is a assortment of 69 Camaros. Red, Yellow and Black.

Right-on…the black car is mine! :yeah:

Can’t wait to drive it at RTTH! :drive:

Danny Thomas
06-30-2010, 06:16 AM
Just reserved my room. Now I need to screw something old together..so I can come have some fun!!

Glad to see the newest member of the Rat Pack bringing something to drive. It will be a fun weekend with all the Pack there. :fingersx

796spdbu
06-30-2010, 06:27 AM
THANKS,Danny. Feels good to be a Member of the Rat Pack!
I figure I have no need to bring the 95' Camaro.

So Im going to probably do a budget thrash on my 72' Nova. It is a future complete overhaul project but its a complete car now. It will be easy to throw together just to have fun cruising! It was my first Hot Rod I drove. Had it since I was 18. Itll rock some budget steel wheels and a mild 350 with a 700r-4. Cant wait to see Ya'll again!

RomsMotors
06-30-2010, 08:03 PM
With the new rule on the year cut off, it looks like I will not be going unless there are any openings later. I had to cancel my spot last year due being laid off three weeks before the show. I was trying to be pro-active and buckle down on spending. Good thing because it took 6 months before I found a new job. When I started the new job I made sure that I could have time off for rtth. Now with the year cutoff my cutlass is about 6 years too new. I understand limiting to the new car c5/6 vette, new camaro, mustang, or the modern cars. But looking at my cutlass it fits the pro-touring theme. LS1 power, 4L60E, Moser 12bolt, ATS AFX spindles, Afco coil-overs, Hotchkis TVS, Baer disc brakes upgrades. With the 81' cutoff it limits some nice g-bodies from competing. Bill let me know if you do have any openings. I would love to come down there to compete and not as a spectator.

blacklab
07-01-2010, 02:15 AM
I will be there with my 69 camaro.

Frank please put me on the list.If for some reason my 69 is not done would like to bring my 2010 camaro.

Thanks

68redcamaro
07-01-2010, 07:47 PM
We will definitely be there again this year. We have had the date circled and highlighted on our calender since we got back from RTTH5. We can't wait!

Trying to talk the wife into bringing her 68 Camaro also but not having any luck.

Terry

MIGOAT
07-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Terry Irene said she can sport along with her this yr. FYI

Bill Howell
07-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Registration is open now guys. Cut off year is 1987 unless you have already attended in a newer car. In that case you are grandfathered in. Autocross on Saturday and Drag/speedstop on Sunday. Any more questions? PM me or ask here, I will be happy to help. Plenty of rooms at Main Stay but don't wait around too long, they always seem to go fast.

TonyBolton
07-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for lettin' us "plastic cars" compete, Bill! :)

Yelcamino
07-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Registration is open now guys. Cut off year is 1987 unless you have already attended in a newer car. In that case you are grandfathered in. Autocross on Saturday and Drag/speedstop on Sunday. Any more questions? PM me or ask here, I will be happy to help. Plenty of rooms at Main Stay but don't wait around too long, they always seem to go fast.

Hi Larry,

I have a question for you... what if I want to bring my Chevelle and El Camino? On the registration form there's only space for one car. If I bring both, is $75 for each car?

The reason I'm asking is because my wife might want to try her hand at autocross for the first time - in the El Camino!

Thanks!

Bill Howell
07-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi Larry,

I have a question for you... what if I want to bring my Chevelle and El Camino? On the registration form there's only space for one car. If I bring both, is $75 for each car?

The reason I'm asking is because my wife might want to try her hand at autocross for the first time - in the El Camino!

Thanks!

Great question Herb, thanks for asking.
You can register multiple cars, however, if you drive more than one, you have to designate which one will be the one you are competing for points with. The others will be exibition only. However, if you have your wife drive one, that would be great.
Each entry will be $75, thanks!

Another question that will come up I will answer now. ONE CAR-ONE DRIVER. NO multiple drivers per car, it just makes scoring impossible, plus limits the number of cars we can run through. I plan to have numbers on each car this year, but PLEASE, only one driver per car.

IF you want more seat time, and can logistically do it, you are welcome to register two cars for yourself. However, know that you will only get to compete with one, and only that car will be in the top 10 runoff at the end of the day. The other is exibition only.

Any prizes we give out will be door prizes, not winner prizes. All you get at RTTHs this year if you win is bragging rights and as Steve says, a $2 trophy. OH, there is that OUSCI for someone too....

71duster
07-06-2010, 01:40 PM
we are signed up and ready to rumble!! unless you are going to let me drive you car bill?! lol!

Bill Howell
07-06-2010, 02:43 PM
OK guys, yes 27 hours after the registration opened, here is my list of those coming. As of right now, I count 50 with media and vendors. 10 more and we are full.
If you think you are registered, but don't see your name here, please contact me so we can see where the problem is. If you are on the fence about coming, I suggest you sign up now. As bad as I hate telling people no, I will be cutting off at least the autocross portion later this week. As soon as I get 50 people signed up, it will be closed. I will have 10 or more vendors and media, so we will be full at 60.

Eric Wracker
Scott Carey
Adam Moore
Matt Altamore
Lisa Serafine
Frank Serafine
Frank Serafine
Mark Strong
Bennie Dennis
Bobby Fowler
Greg Tholen
Matthew Gober
Geoff Potter
Scott Romszewicz
Michael Tucker
Brian Finch
Mike Strinich
Mark Turner
Chad Fletcher
John Bodeen
Wayne Hameetman
Tom Farrington
Debbie Farrington
Steve Moore
Malcolm McMullan
Danny Griffin
Rick Loften
Patrick Branner
Ron Schwarz
Kyle Mistretta
John Henry
Terry Kehne
Ryan Jarrard
Terry Neuville
Brandon Wiedeman
Mark Deutsch
Danny Thomas
Tony Bolton
Scott W.
Dennis Linson
Dan Ballard
Brad Granger

Vendors
DSE x 2
Ridetech x 2
Keisler x 2

Media
Steven Rupp
Nick

DLinson
07-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Make that 12 spots left. I just signed up; can't wait. This will be the first year for me to make it.

I don't know if my wife or my friend will be going with me but I'll be there.

I believe I've converted my friend over to PT from Pro-street. This would seal the deal.

Now I'll need to reserve that hotel room.

Dennis

Bad94
07-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Just signed up.

LeadSSled
07-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Another "thank you" from a grandfathered plastic car... Well 2 tons of plastic anyway. I've got my heap running this year (Knock on wood!) and plan to be there after missing last year with a broken car. This will be a great warm up event for the Impala Nationals at No Problem Raceway near New Orleans the week after RTTH6. I'm looking forward to running with all of the "cool cars" (and cool people) again instead of watching from the sidelines like last year. This is always a primo event!

Terry

Bill Howell
07-06-2010, 07:11 PM
six left

Larry Callahan
07-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Wow! I better get my finger on the off button.

bkkpool
07-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm in for a spot. Wow,they are going quick!!

xxxturbo6
07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm in for this year, Can't wait!!!

Scot W.

Scott Parkhurst
07-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Me either...it'll be my first.

Bow Tie 67
07-07-2010, 06:30 AM
Holy, crap that was fast! Better stock up on the Hooch!! LOL

Hey, Scott glad to see your going. Did you get a new engine in yet?

JEFFTATE
07-07-2010, 07:41 AM
I signed up this morning !!

All 3 days and an XL T-shirt !!!
Thanks Bill !

Scott Parkhurst
07-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Holy, crap that was fast! Better stock up on the Hooch!! LOL

Hey, Scott glad to see your going. Did you get a new engine in yet?

Not in the car yet, but it's close. It'll be dyno'ed within the next couple weeks, and then I'll bolt it all in soon thereafter. It's pretty much the same engine with only a few strategic enhancements...it wasn't bad before. But it'll be better now.

01badz28
07-07-2010, 10:16 AM
+3 on the Grandfathering - looking forward to running with you all again this year.

cdushane
07-07-2010, 11:32 AM
All signed up!

Larry Callahan
07-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Only 2 spots for the Autocross left

formula
07-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm in for friday and saturday--dunno if I'll be able to stick around sunday so I'll sit that one out.

fletcherscustoms
07-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Ty's is registering freedombird now~~~

OLDFLM
07-07-2010, 11:55 AM
DONE! Now we wait... (c:]

Larry Callahan
07-07-2010, 12:15 PM
1 left

Bill Howell
07-07-2010, 01:02 PM
OK guys, as of now it looks like I have filled the autocross segment of the event. Sorry if you missed out.
There is usually a spot or two with people that can not make it. If you still think you may come and want to be on stand by for a spot if one opens, please post here, that way it will be first come first serve and as people have spots they want to sell, we will pick the first one signed up here. Just post you are interested in a spot.

Sorry again if you missed out, this event surprises me every year at how fast it fills up. We certainly set a record this year, filled all spots in 50 hours.... Thanks everyone

Now, we still have room for cruise, dinner, Drag racing and Speed/Stop Challenge, so be sure you sign up for those segments if you want to attend.

JEFFTATE
07-07-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm glad I got in ..

Yelcamino
07-07-2010, 01:11 PM
OK guys, as of now it looks like I have filled the autocross segment of the event. Sorry if you missed out.
There is usually a spot or two with people that can not make it. If you still think you may come and want to be on stand by for a spot if one opens, please post here, that way it will be first come first serve and as people have spots they want to sell, we will pick the first one signed up here. Just post you are interested in a spot.

Sorry again if you missed out, this event surprises me every year at how fast it fills up. We certainly set a record this year, filled all spots in 50 hours.... Thanks everyone

Now, we still have room for cruise, dinner, Drag racing and Speed/Stop Challenge, so be sure you sign up for those segments if you want to attend.

Bill, I signed up both cars earlier today - individually - but did not make the payment yet. Can I pay for both cars on one paypal payment?

Larry Callahan
07-07-2010, 01:15 PM
That was quick. I have removed the option to register for the autocross. It is sold out again.

Bill Howell
07-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Bill, I signed up both cars earlier today - individually - but did not make the payment yet. Can I pay for both cars on one paypal payment?
Yes Sir that will be fine

Yelcamino
07-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes Sir that will be fine

Ok, thanks Bill. I just sent in my paypal payment. :drive:

dropit69
07-07-2010, 02:14 PM
WHOA i dint see this was posted ..you gotta be kidding me..
any left Bill????? im on this site 3 times a day how did i miss this..

dropit69
07-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Just paid for everything else..if autocross opens ill take spot..my fav part of weekend..

Bow Tie 67
07-07-2010, 03:16 PM
WHOA i dint see this was posted ..you gotta be kidding me..
any left Bill????? im on this site 3 times a day how did i miss this..

That's it? Luky I'm at work, I just hang and refresh, now if I could only :cheers:, I would never leave this place. LOL

Payton King
07-08-2010, 09:19 AM
I left for the beach on Saturday, get back today and it is full.

Wow? When did it open as I check it everyday before I left.

dropit69
07-08-2010, 01:16 PM
i know fast huh Payton..i did manage to grab a spot now though so alls good..:-)

Tucks69
07-08-2010, 01:55 PM

I sent you an e-mail Payton. Guess I should have called you!!!

Bill Howell
07-08-2010, 03:28 PM

Opened on Monday at 2pm, closed it Wednesday 5pm.....

protouring70
07-08-2010, 05:41 PM
WOW!!!! This is getting to be like those concerts that sell out in the first 5 minutes!!!!!!! You must be doing something right Bill!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Payton King
07-09-2010, 04:56 AM
Never recieved and email, what address did you use?

Thanks for thinking of me. LOL

Samckitt
07-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Can I come for the cruise & watch the rest?

Bill Howell
07-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Can I come for the cruise & watch the rest?

Absolutely! Still room for the activities on Sunday, we always have room cause some leave early to get back home. Drags and Speed/Stop are both fun.

badchry
07-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Absolutely! Still room for the activities on Sunday, we always have room cause some leave early to get back home. Drags and Speed/Stop are both fun.

Bill, regret to say I won't be driving this year (again) due to mech issues not resolved with the car.

But I will be available to help with autocross tech, course set-up, etc. if needed.

Kelly

OLDFLM
07-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Just talked to Angela at the hotel... they only have 30 rooms left until they are SOLD OUT!!

They have a total of 129 rooms in the hotel and 70 of them have already been reserved/block by us!!!

She said to make sure to reserve your room soon if you haven't already as they are filling up fast with us combined with the Grand Fall Run!

Now where's that digital RTTH6 countdown meter smilie? :seizure:

dropit69
07-13-2010, 01:48 PM
ok i just called to make sure i had room (when i checked out last year she said they just did it again for this year) well not the case she had no record of it..glad i called..i actually am coming in on tues evening and haviing a long vacation going take in some of the cool crap to do down there..checking out the Biltmore hopefully..

Cuzidid
07-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Terri and Brad are ready to put the 67 Camaro through the paces once again...definitely looking forward to improving times this year at RTTH. Terri the "Cone Master" is available for cone security.

Payton King
07-14-2010, 05:06 AM
The drive down I-40 to the Biltmore will be a blast. Make sure you take the camaro. The estate is pretty awe inspiring seeing that it was the first private residence to have electricity...and it was built with no power tools. Think about that when you walk down a wood floor hallway the size of a football field. LOL

Yelcamino
07-14-2010, 06:06 AM
The drive down I-40 to the Biltmore will be a blast. Make sure you take the camaro. The estate is pretty awe inspiring seeing that it was the first private residence to have electricity...and it was built with no power tools. Think about that when you walk down a wood floor hallway the size of a football field. LOL

I'm going to be there Thursday, where's the Biltmore? That sounds like a worthwhile stop!

yellowrallys
07-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Hey, the Biltmore is awesome.....It's in Ashville...you'll find it , just follow the signs, or one of those GPS thingys.

dropit69
07-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Yeah ive meant to go there the last like 3 years just never did im making sure im going this year i love Castle..mansions stuff like that..cause i know ill never own one..lol..heres link to the biltmore site..i think its only like 1 1/2 hours from pigeon forge.. http://www.biltmore.com/

HectorM52
07-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Hmmmm...Thursday night group run to the Biltmore???

Yelcamino
07-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Hmmmm...Thursday night group run to the Biltmore???

Sounds like a plan to me!

Bad94
07-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Biltmore is cool to see. Went there about a year ago. Would i go again, maybe.

Place is huge.

We plan to get there thursday afternoon and eat dinner at the Old Mill (when we went to Shades of the Past we had to eat there)

71duster
07-27-2010, 02:09 PM
is anyone else as stoked as i am?!!! i have some new tricks for the duster since the PSMCC! he,he,he.

HectorM52
07-27-2010, 02:32 PM
I know I am!! What kind of new tricks? Besides new tires?

dropit69
07-27-2010, 03:20 PM
man its been like in the 90s every day almost for 3 weeks..killer hot in garage to do anthing ..hope it cools down this thing will be here in no time..im ready !!!!!!!! well i am car isnt..lol

Bow Tie 67
07-27-2010, 04:24 PM
man its been like in the 90s every day almost for 3 weeks..killer hot in garage to do anthing ..hope it cools down this thing will be here in no time..im ready !!!!!!!! well i am car isnt..lol

Wuss, I have been out almost every day. Although the A/C not working in my daily driver helps prepare me on the way home.

OLDFLM
07-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Just got email confirmation that my Mom and Dad are coming to RTTH6!!! :twothumbs

My Dad is 72 and an old school car guy... be prepared to hear stories of his 30 Chevy coupe with the Pontiac 389, tri-power, Racer Brown 3/4 cam etc and the 71 GTX 440 he bought new (and sold a week before I got my drivers license... because he was afraid I'd get hurt!) LOL :drive2:

PARKERRS
07-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Long time since I've even been on the message board. I'll be there, Campground across the street reserved. No new car yet due to some hang ups with the interior shop, but look for a few suttle improvements on the old gray mare, LOL.

HectorM52
07-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Awesome, Tommy. Glad to hear you'll be back. You missed out at PSMC. Next year you need to make it!

dropit69
07-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Tommy i almost but out a APB on ya hadnt seen ya on lately and ya missed Motorstate..look forward to bsing in sept friend..!!

PARKERRS
07-29-2010, 03:28 AM
Thanks Darrin and Adam. Life has just been getting in the way of fun and free time for about 7-8 months now. I haven't even been monitoring any of the boards for lack of time. I really hated missing Motorstate but I had too many employees take vacation that week for me to get away, not to mention the other new events I missed.

Hopefully things will get back on track now, I wouldn't miss RTTH. I've attended everyone except #2 since the beginning. I came to the first one before my grey car was done and skipped the second year to finish the car. Hopefully that is how Motorstate will work out for me.

tazzz25906112
07-29-2010, 04:51 AM
Can't wait for the event,,,, and that pit stop at the "Biltmore" is gonna cost me large I can already tell LOL.....

paintitblack08
07-29-2010, 05:58 AM
Hi guys! I know I'm not eligible in my new car to win anything but I was wondering if I could still run for fun and if so where do I register? I know the autox is closed so I would just like to get in on all other events. I would bring the ole '81 Z again but I'm trying to get started restoring it and it's just too expensive for me to have both on the road right now so it's as good a time as ever to get some work done on it I thought. The car I would be running just for fun if allowed is a 2000 SLP Edition SS Camaro.

Thanks guys!

-Payden

dropit69
07-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Payden cruise is free just the dinner that cost there is a sign up board on the official RTTH thread..looking forward to seeing the new car ya got..

paintitblack08
07-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Sweet! All registered! Doing the cruise/dinner & drag race! Just there to have fun had a blast last time even though I'm not eligible to win anything this time. And thanks Darrin!

Bill Howell
07-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey Guys,
If you have not already made your reservations at the Main Stay, be sure to make them soon. They only hold the rooms til the first of September for us, and I think most of the rooms are already taken.

796spdbu
07-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Im down for the Biltmore run!! Im getting excited..my new engine should be done for the 72'nova. working on suspension next week..if I can make up my mind...lol...

71duster
07-30-2010, 08:07 PM
I know I am!! What kind of new tricks? Besides new tires?

just got my tires mounted today. sweet!! i am hoping to get my power steering straightened out. i decided to hold off on the rear disk since the drums got to working good.

protouring70
07-31-2010, 06:52 AM
What tires are you running?

71duster
08-01-2010, 12:32 PM
What tires are you running?

i got some falkens like jeff has. i can't wait to see the difference!

protouring70
08-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Good deal!! You know, you won't be like a snake in the grass anymore. We can see ya coming now!!!! HAHA

We were not expecting you to come out that strong! But you proved us wrong!!! Glad to have met ya and glad you had a good time!!

Brent

Steve1968LS2
08-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey Guys,
If you have not already made your reservations at the Main Stay, be sure to make them soon. They only hold the rooms til the first of September for us, and I think most of the rooms are already taken.

We're staying at the hotel Yancy.. lol

71duster
08-02-2010, 04:21 AM
Good deal!! You know, you won't be like a snake in the grass anymore. We can see ya coming now!!!! HAHA

We were not expecting you to come out that strong! But you proved us wrong!!! Glad to have met ya and glad you had a good time!!

Brent

lol! thanks. i know i am going to have to up the anty at this one since bad penny is going to be there and some others! we'll see what happens. i have to stay ahead of adam too! lol!

Bjkadron
08-02-2010, 06:14 PM
So can we come and watch even if we missed registration?

Bill Howell
08-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Absolutely, the more the better. There is still cruising you can do, and even some room at the drag strip and speed stop on Sunday, just no more room in the autocross. I have got to find a bigger venue for the autocross, this event is just too big for itself.

Bjkadron
08-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Well Depending on my Schedule I should be able to come out after classes for the cruise, then down for the autocross. But I can't do the drag race. Likely to brake stuff.

protouring70
08-03-2010, 03:55 AM
Bill, is there anywhere else that you could do this?

Tig Man
08-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Where is the cruise going this year?

RS_Customs
08-08-2010, 11:58 AM
just got my tires mounted today. sweet!! i am hoping to get my power steering straightened out. i decided to hold off on the rear disk since the drums got to working good.

Awesome! Just don't burn them off before the event, lol. I've been eating mine up since PSMC (the car is just too much like a go-cart :)). I probably need to get another pair and move these to the back.

Robert

Bill Howell
08-08-2010, 03:51 PM
We will be cruising the dragon again this year, then ending up a a local hot rod shop, very nice hot rod shop.

Bad94
08-08-2010, 04:31 PM
We will be cruising the dragon again this year, then ending up a a local hot rod shop, very nice hot rod shop.

Hell yea, i was wondering if that was planned.

What shop? Alloway's?

yellowrallys
08-08-2010, 05:46 PM

So...we're gonna end up back at your place? ;)

Bjkadron
08-08-2010, 05:54 PM

So where are we starting from?

HectorM52
08-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Starting probably from the Mainstay Suites as always.

dropit69
08-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Awesome Bill cant wait..have to make sure everyone is full on gas for sure thats a long cruise..

Tom Gedris
08-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Full tank of gas for a 25 mile run?? Am I missing somethin'?? This is my first time so us noobie's needs to know?? I've registered and will get hotel soon. Don't laugh when you see my '69 please. Hope to make some new buddies at the events. I can't afford to compete and take a chance on breaking, but I want to definitely watch all you guys have fun. Mine is an everyday driver with over 250,000 miles and I will be driving it to the events.:nopity:
Tom

yellowrallys
08-09-2010, 10:14 AM
A little more than 25 miles.....depends a lot on how many times you get lost in the mountains....a full tank is a good thing.

HectorM52
08-09-2010, 10:27 AM
At 6 mpg some of us will come close to running through our tanks in just that 25 miles. :) I know I will come close!

Also, pretty sure the Dragon itself is about 11 miles long. We went across and back last year.

The trip from Mainstay to the dragon itself is a few miles. You do the math. We'll probably drive 50+ miles. And there aren't too many gas stations along the route, so I would suggest filling up before-hand.

Yelcamino
08-09-2010, 10:47 AM
On my drive to/from the Motor State Challenge I averaged just under 13 mpg in the Chevelle, so I think I'll be ok with a full tank!

dropit69
08-09-2010, 01:40 PM
id have to say its alot more than 25 miles i think its 25 just to the dragon then its like 11 each way and then back to hotel..a few people with cells ran out last year..and if ya get lost on the back roads you are on your own..lol..some crazies up in them hills..

Tucks69
08-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Full tank of gas for a 25 mile run?? Am I missing somethin'?? This is my first time so us noobie's needs to know?? I've registered and will get hotel soon. Don't laugh when you see my '69 please. Hope to make some new buddies at the events. I can't afford to compete and take a chance on breaking, but I want to definitely watch all you guys have fun. Mine is an everyday driver with over 250,000 miles and I will be driving it to the events.:nopity:
Tom

I think it was closer to 125 miles maybe further!! My wife helped a few out shuttling gas back and forth in our Tahoe! Cell reception sucks on the parkway as well.
I don,t think anybody will laugh at your Camaro. Nobody laughed at mine, at least not to my face. This is cool group of folks to hang out with!!

RS_Customs
08-09-2010, 03:08 PM
A guy on my motorcycle forum post videos of the dragon from last week if you guys are interested.

http://www.sv-portal.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1851929293&postcount=1

Robert

Quickstreet
08-09-2010, 05:24 PM
I was the one that ran out of gas twice

Tucks69
08-09-2010, 05:45 PM
I was the one that ran out of gas twice

I wasn't going to mention names Raymond! LOL Maybe we need to stash some gas in the woods along the cruise route!!

Bill Howell
08-09-2010, 06:00 PM
I may have to put Raymond's camaro on the rollback to start with so it cam make the whole trip....hahaha

Bill Howell
08-09-2010, 06:05 PM
We will start at the Main Stay as usual. End up on Hwy.66, up towards the interstate. I will have everyone a detailed map and turn instructions. Also will have backroad info back into PF from the shop we have dinner at. I would say the total trip will be 125 or more. One thing this year, we will be sure everyone knows to get gas before they get on the foothills parkway or dragon. that is about 60 miles roundtrip in itself without any gas stops.

protouring70
08-11-2010, 05:59 AM
While I was at Ace Hardware today I got 2 tubs of chalk for $2. So hopefully this will work for the cones!

g8rcamaro
08-11-2010, 10:56 AM
New to the muscle car circuit but I'm looking for information on the Race through the hills in pigeon forge? Any help?

protouring70
08-11-2010, 12:16 PM
New to the muscle car circuit but I'm looking for information on the Race through the hills in pigeon forge? Any help?

Hello and welcome. If you look at the titles in this section you should find everything you want, if not ring in here again and someone will get you headed in the right direction. Also the SEARCH box at the top of the page works very well.

Brent

dropit69
08-12-2010, 05:11 PM
heres the page with most of the info
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69527

Tom Gedris
08-13-2010, 04:39 AM
Can you suggest some of your favorite food restaurants near the Main Stay Suites please. I have a large list of places to eat but am only there several days. Which do you all like? How about Mel's Diner to start??? Any with beer & wine licenses?? Is this area dry concerning alcohol consumption?? I'm not your town drunk, but I do enjoy a beer after a hot fun driving day.:cheers:
Tom

796spdbu
08-13-2010, 05:46 AM
I would hit up Corky's BBQ that place is in my opinon the greatest.

Bow Tie 67
08-13-2010, 05:58 AM
Can you suggest some of your favorite food restaurants near the Main Stay Suites please. I have a large list of places to eat but am only there several days. Which do you all like? How about Mel's Diner to start??? Any with beer & wine licenses?? Is this area dry concerning alcohol consumption?? I'm not your town drunk, but I do enjoy a beer after a hot fun driving day.:cheers:
Tom

Not dry, until the morning after :smoke:

There is a pizza joint on the main drag, can't remember the name, excellent!! Darrin might remember.

Bad94
08-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Tom

Old Mill is just a few lights up, and very good food.

JEFFTATE
08-17-2010, 09:54 AM

Who is the "Nice" Hot Rod Shop ????

JEFFTATE
08-17-2010, 09:56 AM

The cruise through the mountains is not really a race .
It's just a long cruise , with a few stops , to prove that your car is road worthy ..

The "race" portion of RTTH's is at the autocross in a huge parking lot.
And at the dragstrip.

JEFFTATE
08-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Full tank of gas for a 25 mile run?? Am I missing somethin'?? Don't laugh when you see my '69 please. Hope to make some new buddies at the events. I can't afford to compete and take a chance on breaking, but I want to definitely watch all you guys have fun. Mine is an everyday driver with over 250,000 miles and I will be driving it to the events.:nopity:
Tom

The cruise on the Dragon is only 25 miles long ( 11 miles or so each way ) , but the total cruise is about 60 miles each way ..
( The Dragon is 25 miles away from Pigeon Forge )

We won't laugh at your car .
All cars are great , regardless of what condition they are in..

Bill Howell
08-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Who is the "Nice" Hot Rod Shop ????

Precision Hot Rods.
http://precisionrod.com/main/inprogress/

Looks like someone is working on the site right now. They have a huge new showroom plus alot of nice projects they are working on or finished.

LeadSSled
08-17-2010, 03:44 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but I haven't been able to find the answer on my own. Is the 4PM starting point for the Friday cruise at the Mainstay hotel??? Thanks.

dropit69
08-17-2010, 03:44 PM
The pizza joint is "Crazy Joes" or sonething like that.....good stuff

dropit69
08-17-2010, 03:45 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but I haven't been able to find the answer on my own. Is the 4PM starting point for the Friday cruise at the Mainstay hotel??? Thanks.
yes always leaves mainstays..

LeadSSled
08-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Thank you!

Tom Gedris
08-21-2010, 06:38 AM
I haven't found any info on where the drags will be held on Sunday.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Tom Gedris:cheers:

HectorM52
08-21-2010, 06:46 AM
411 Raceway on Hwy 411 near Maryville, if I'm not mistaken.

Bill Howell
08-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Yes, It is 411. It is a local track, not far from everything. Not a real good track, but at least everyone has the same handicap.

g8rcamaro
08-24-2010, 06:57 AM
I just want to tag along for the cruise through the mountains. Just an interested observer. I don't need to sign up for that do I? 2010 Camaro SS Tommy Crosby

dropit69
08-24-2010, 08:34 AM
I just want to tag along for the cruise through the mountains. Just an interested observer. I don't need to sign up for that do I? 2010 Camaro SS Tommy Crosby
nah i dont believe so the more the merrier..but if ya want to eat after cruise there is a fee

Tom Gedris
08-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Will we be stopping at the Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort store halfway through the cruise to get everyone caught up and together? I guess they have gas there? Also restrooms??
Tom Gedris

PARKERRS
08-24-2010, 09:56 AM
The store is great if your on a bike, but they frowned on us stopping up the lot and pumps last year. Got down right rude to a few as a matter of fact.

I can't say much I rode up there for years on a sport tour motorcycle. Motorcycles are in the minority everywhere you go and this is more or less a mecha for them. It is solely devoted to bikes and their riders so I guess they get upset when 50 hot rods wheel in and kinda take over. The parking lot is big for motorcycle standards but fills up in a heartbeat when something as big as a 60's musclecar pulls in 10 fold. They asked that we park in the gravel lot across the road and come to the pumps one or two at a time.

You'll get the picture when you see it, always close to 100 bikes of all types, makes, and sizes on a nice weekend day.

Tom Gedris
08-24-2010, 11:40 AM
I understand your points about this bike resort mecca, but what we're doing is a once or twice a year thing. OK, I'll park across from the bike lot and not overwhelm their space.
BUT 40-50 musclecars averaging 1.5 people per car with at least 20-25 gas fillups (93 octane) and the purchased souvenirs (shirts, hats, patches, magnets and etc) and food & drinks and they aren't going to make any money??? Wow, what foresight. If I owned the business, I would be thankful not rude. A business is a business.
So let's go drivin' and get along.:cheers:
Tom Gedris

bigtyme1
08-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Can't wait to do this! My only fear is there is only about 10 miles on the car, who knows what could go wrong. Will there be tools???? This will be the first run for the car, what a way to break it in.

xxxturbo6
08-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Can't wait to do this! My only fear is there is only about 10 miles on the car, who knows what could go wrong. Will there be tools???? This will be the first run for the car, what a way to break it in. You were not the first and most likely will not be the last to break in a new build on this event! Several cars broke in the past and were all repaired to mu knowledge. Lift available, Tools available, Tow truck usually rides with at All events and guy's are all willing to lend a hand, You should be alright..

Scot W.

Bow Tie 67
08-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Can't wait to do this! My only fear is there is only about 10 miles on the car, who knows what could go wrong. Will there be tools???? This will be the first run for the car, what a way to break it in.

You'll be fine, I broke mine in last year doing the HRPT long haul. Talk about finding all the little quirks.

71duster
08-25-2010, 03:08 PM
lisa and i rode across foothills parkway today(not in the car unfortunately) and they laid new asphault all the way across! should be nice for RTTH'S!

Tom Gedris
08-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Hey folks,
What time will the Saturday Autocross and Sunday Drags start? Will we meet at the MainStay suites and caravan to the venues or be responsible to find them ourselves? Also, how long do we have the venues scheduled? All day or until 5PM or 8PM or ???? Do we provide our own food and beverages??
I'm gettin' more excited each day.:cheers:
Tom Gedris

PARKERRS
08-27-2010, 05:44 AM
We meet at the hotel for the cruise and dinner. Saturday we just all meet at the Smokies stadium, usually about 8a.m. or a little earlier. Sunday everyone just meets at the track around the same a.m..

Auto-x usually lasts till around 5p.m. and the drags till around 1-2p.m. on avaerage. The drag strip is kinda play it by ear for finish time because not everyone drags and a lot of folks are trying to get a jump on the ride home.

dropit69
08-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Tommy sent you a pm about your wheels ..if ya didnt get it let me know ..

g8rcamaro
08-30-2010, 12:41 PM
We meet at the hotel for the cruise and dinner. Saturday we just all meet at the Smokies stadium, usually about 8a.m. or a little earlier. Sunday everyone just meets at the track around the same a.m..

Auto-x usually lasts till around 5p.m. and the drags till around 1-2p.m. on avaerage. The drag strip is kinda play it by ear for finish time because not everyone drags and a lot of folks are trying to get a jump on the ride home.

The cruise starts at 4pm from Mainstay?

HectorM52
08-30-2010, 01:25 PM
I believe the cruise starts at noon from Mainstay.

BuzzKillian
08-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Check post #141 for link to all the info you need about times.

HectorM52
08-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Check post #141 for link to all the info you need about times.
Pretty sure that link has the wrong times.

Again, I'm pretty positive that the cruise starts at 12:00 at Mainstay.

Bill Howell
08-30-2010, 02:35 PM
This year the plan is to leave Main Stay around noon. That gives us plenty time to go to and thru the dragon then get back to Precision Hot Rods for BBQ.

Bill Howell
08-30-2010, 02:40 PM
I have been saving this post for about two months. We have a treat for everyone that attends RTTHs on Saturday. Our own Albert Mechoir (resident crazy canadian)is going to do some cooking for us for a cool cookout, Canadian style, at the Toy Box on Saturday after the autocross. It will be a real treat and just a bonus for all the attendees. Thanks again Albert for this most generous gesture and I am sure this will be on everyone's to do list.

HectorM52
08-30-2010, 02:41 PM
This year the plan is to leave Main Stay around noon. That gives us plenty time to go to and thru the dragon then get back to Precision Hot Rods for BBQ.
Bill, can you modify the "first post" in these threads to reflect this? The one still says 4:00 and I can see why there is some confusion.

Also might be a good idea to send out the "blanket email" with the time correction...just in case.

Bill Howell
08-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks, First post now modified to show itinerary.

796spdbu
08-30-2010, 02:58 PM
I have had some of the "Crazy Canadian's" grilled food as well as sandwiches,dezerts,breakfasts...so Im here to tell you,Its worth the trip just for his skills on the grille. The man knows how to cook!!! P.S. dont eat a big breakfast as he makes sure you never leave hungry... I cant say enough about Albert's cooking!! Or Lynns'!!

tazzz25906112
08-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks Bill and Greg..... I have some pretty big shoes to fill after that intro and that cooking confirmation...

The good news for y'all is that "I cook one Hell of a lot better than I drive" ROFLMAO,,, so I'm looking forward to having some fun on the old grill and seeing everyone hang around over at Bills Toy Box Sat Night....

wiedemab
08-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks a bunch Albert. I can't wait to see everyone again. I always have such a good time at this event.

I can't wait!

796spdbu
08-30-2010, 06:30 PM
No problem buddy!! I cant wait to hang out again. Next time we shall have beers instead of lemonade!!

xxxturbo6
08-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks Albert! I look forward to meeting you and having some of this killer Canadian food!

Scot W.

GeoffP
08-31-2010, 04:01 AM
Aw man the cruise changing times just stinks. That means I'm going to miss the whole thing. :banghead: Will there be anyone stationed at the Main Stay with directions to dinner?

tazzz25906112
08-31-2010, 07:33 AM
No problem buddy!! I cant wait to hang out again. Next time we shall have beers instead of lemonade!!

I hear that good buddy LOL,,,,, that said it sure was cute seeing the kids take in the scene at Tipp City.

I know our good friends will ensure the tap is flowing on some far more interesting beverages soon enough ;-)....

fletcherscustoms
08-31-2010, 08:35 AM
Come on already!! why does everyday seem like its 2 days!! only 17 more days till headed north!!! Damn did I mention I'm ready to get out of town and tear something up

tazzz25906112
08-31-2010, 09:00 AM
LOL Chad sounds like a real good Pro-touring fix is what we all need buddy,,,, it'll be a blast and I agree the days are long leading into it...

Stg1Regal
09-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by bigtyme1 https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?p=711649#post711649)
You were not the first and most likely will not be the last to break in a new build on this event! Several cars broke in the past and were all repaired to mu knowledge. Lift available, Tools available, Tow truck usually rides with at All events and guy's are all willing to lend a hand, You should be alright..

Scot W.

I can atest to that!! heck I knew mine was bad and drove it 6 hrs down there, last year.

Thanks to Scot W. for him helping me fix (swap out a bad steering gear box) mine, and the use of the lift at shop "THE TOY BOX" Bill Howell's garage.

So don't be afraid to drive it here!!!

796spdbu
09-01-2010, 11:13 AM
I hear that good buddy LOL,,,,, that said it sure was cute seeing the kids take in the scene at Tipp City.

I know our good friends will ensure the tap is flowing on some far more interesting beverages soon enough ;-)....

Albert the kids are had a great time! Toni sure thought you were one cool guy. She liked your car too,LOL

I know I cant wait to decompress...

As far as cars not being quit ready,my 72' nova will have to recieve a stock 350 as my 327 isnt going to be ready...so Im with all those who will be working right down to the wire..

JEFFTATE
09-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Noon is no problem for the cruise on Friday.
I'll just leave earlier ..
more coffee !!

Hotwire
09-02-2010, 05:04 AM
Subscribed! I'll be there getting some (hopefully decent) pictures of all the rides and trying to help w/the cones!

Hotwire
09-02-2010, 05:09 AM
Just got email confirmation that my Mom and Dad are coming to RTTH6!!! :twothumbs

My Dad is 72 and an old school car guy... be prepared to hear stories of his 30 Chevy coupe with the Pontiac 389, tri-power, Racer Brown 3/4 cam etc and the 71 GTX 440 he bought new (and sold a week before I got my drivers license... because he was afraid I'd get hurt!) LOL :drive2:
I'll have to pick his brain about my 35! :)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://s778.photobucket.com/albums/yy69/Hotwire454/1935%20Chevrolet%20Standard/?action=view&current=P4170008.jpg)

Bjkadron
09-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Noon on friday totally rules out the cruise for me. :(

Payton King
09-02-2010, 09:09 AM
The cruise is later in the day...

I think Jeff is speaking of driving up around noon. He is only a few hours away

fletcherscustoms
09-02-2010, 09:23 AM
I guess sometime in the next few days I need to get my car out of storage and get some bugs worked out. We brought it back from PSMC and its been under the cover since. Guess I need to try and get the bugs worked out before I get up to Pigeon Forge, I would hate to be a "cone collector" again

RS_Customs
09-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I guess sometime in the next few days I need to get my car out of storage and get some bugs worked out. We brought it back from PSMC and its been under the cover since. Guess I need to try and get the bugs worked out before I get up to Pigeon Forge, I would hate to be a "cone collector" again

Collecting cones or a clean run, as long as you have fun it's all goooood!.

Robert

Tucks69
09-02-2010, 09:39 AM
The cruise is later in the day...

I think Jeff is speaking of driving up around noon. He is only a few hours away

The cruise starts at noon Payton. Larry sent a mass e-mail informing everybody.

Payton King
09-02-2010, 12:12 PM
I did not get an email. Where is the love. I may be leaving thrusday afternoon.

HectorM52
09-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Thursday afternoon = good.

Friday morning = ummm, how close are you?

796spdbu
09-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Bill, do we need a chase truck/trailer incase of break downs? I may end up cruising down in my airbagged 97' crew cab dually,if I cant get the nova together.

Bill Howell
09-06-2010, 09:48 AM
I have a rollback now so i figure I will get Raymond to drive it, heading up the rear. I think we will be ok with that. Last year we had a couple run out of gas, only one breakdown I think.

796spdbu
09-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Ok Bill I was just checking. Didnt know if you had anyone driving the Roll back.

Scott Parkhurst
09-06-2010, 10:15 AM
I did not get an email. Where is the love. I may be leaving thrusday afternoon.

Me either. That pesky Larry...

cheapthrillz
09-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Bill,

I'll be there with Wes this year. Again I will have no car to drive so feel free to put me to work..... Freaking slave driver lol.

Tom Gedris
09-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Well, it's off the lift and sounds sweet to my ears. Shake down driving (3500 miles over the past year or so) only shook loose a few bolts. Only a couple last minute spare parts to buy for the trip. Extra serpentine belt, flashlight, and some fluids(just in case). Still seven days 'til I leave and the excitement is building. By the way I will be available for some work duty (cones and other go-fer stuff) if you folks need some help.

I will also be looking for someone that is able to FINE tune my Demon carb package for better performance. It's currently running rich and I'd like some opinions on who might be able to help. The fine tuning is a little out of my league at this point. I'm leary (not much experience) of just leaning out the fuel mixture screws.

There is a dinner and a couple of beers up for grabs, too.:cheers:
Tom Gedris

tommycomfort
09-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Well, nobody has really said anything, but we're super excited about the trip! We drove the wagon down to pick up the 66 from the interior shop today and both ran fine. Woohoo!

wiedemab
09-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Cool - Did Darrin get you all fixed up????

I'm super excited, just trying to finish up a bunch of stuff at work etc. so that I relax this weekend.

tommycomfort
09-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Cool - Did Darrin get you all fixed up????

I'm super excited, just trying to finish up a bunch of stuff at work etc. so that I relax this weekend.

Oh yeah, we're thrilled with the headliner and back seat. Can't wait to show it off!

Work is over-rated! Just shove it in your desk and it will be there Monday...
Tom

LeadSSled
09-14-2010, 04:21 PM
I was just thinking this afternoon how excited I am for this weekend... and I only have to come from KnoxVegas. I hope that all of you have an uneventful and safe trip to East TN. I'll see you at Noon Friday for the cruise!

BTW - The local weather forecast is showing AWESOME weather for this weekend. Might be a few showers Thursday night, but is supposed to be long gone by sunrise. Friday, Saturday, Sunday sunny in the 80's with almost 0% chance of rain! :fingersx:

Bow Tie 67
09-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Kick-A**, I was hoping for good weather. Tom, I'll be there Thurs morning like we talked. If anything comes up I'll give you a call otherwise consider me there.

Brandon, looking forward to tossing a few back with you. Although, this time the car will be there so I cant crash no parties. LOL

796spdbu
09-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey Bill/guys,

If any body needs a spot to run the auto cross,drag race,speed stop challenge....Im not going to be able to have my car there. P.M. for details. I hope someone can use it...

wiedemab
09-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Brandon, looking forward to tossing a few back with you. Although, this time the car will be there so I cant crash no parties. LOL

I hear ya. I'll probably be pretty low-key for sure on Friday, but after the AutoX is over, I may cut loose a little more at the Toy Box on Saturday. I'm just looking forward to hanging out with friends, relaxing, and thrashing some cars.

Stg1Regal
09-14-2010, 06:35 PM
My wife and I are already here, been here since Sunday.... it's been awesome weather so far.

Been hanging out on our hotel balcony in the evening watching the bad a$$ rides cruise by. More and more each night show up.

Can't wait till Fri and Sat ... and see you all and your bad rides again!!

MIGOAT
09-14-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm super stoked

After 7 long yrs. the 65 is on the road.It's more a retro mod and not for the autocross but should be fun. I'm unveilling it for him there on saturday. He hasn't seen the car completed yet so it's a suprise for him.

He and I both are like school kids.

dropit69
09-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Hey im hear already too..just got back form walking the parkway..some people are on crack for the prices on them cars..but seem some cool stuff..and yes weather looks to be awesome was hot as crap when i got here but cooled off now..bring sunscreen..

tommycomfort
09-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Kick-A**, I was hoping for good weather. Tom, I'll be there Thurs morning like we talked. If anything comes up I'll give you a call otherwise consider me there.

Awesome, we're looking forward to the cruise down! Just call when you're a little out of Indy.
Tom

MIGOAT
09-14-2010, 10:32 PM
anyone still planning on cruising thursday?

Yelcamino
09-15-2010, 03:34 AM
Awesome, we're looking forward to the cruise down! Just call when you're a little out of Indy.
Tom

Which way are you coming down? We're heading out tomorrow morning.

tommycomfort
09-15-2010, 03:55 AM
Which way are you coming down? We're heading out tomorrow morning.

Looks like our best route is down 65 to Louisville, 64 east to Lexington, then south on 75 to Knoxville and hopefully mapquest and the GPS will guide us in from there...

Are you bringing Ted this year? Or the wife? I had an PM on team chevelle from Malcolm and he will be there on Thursday also.

Better go, still wrenching to do!

Mike Holleman
09-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Looks like our best route is down 65 to Louisville, 64 east to Lexington, then south on 75 to Knoxville and hopefully mapquest and the GPS will guide us in from there...

Are you bringing Ted this year? Or the wife? I had an PM on team chevelle from Malcolm and he will be there on Thursday also.

Tommy, I guess Herb is on the road now. Carol will be with him and Ted is coming from Az. with his wife. I'm sorry to say I won't make it this year. When I looked at my schedule for Sept. months back there was no way I could do everything I wanted. I passed on RTTH for two track day events. Already regret that. RTTH is a ton of fun. Gonna miss hanging with you guys. On the positive side Igor is headed our way and we will have several days of good hurricane surf. You guys be safe and try to have a good time, like that will be an effort.
Mike

RS_Customs
09-15-2010, 04:44 AM
Tommy, I guess Herb is on the road now. Carol will be with him and Ted is coming from Az. with his wife. I'm sorry to say I won't make it this year. When I looked at my schedule for Sept. months back there was no way I could do everything I wanted. I passed on RTTH for two track day events. Already regret that. RTTH is a ton of fun. Gonna miss hanging with you guys. On the positive side Igor is headed our way and we will have several days of good hurricane surf. You guys be safe and try to have a good time, like that will be an effort.
Mike

That's too bad you won't make it. It was great meeting and talking to you at the Mitty this summer. Enjoy the waves!

Robert

Yelcamino
09-15-2010, 05:27 AM

Yep, Ted and Christi are flying in today. Should be to my place by 3 pm. The wife (Carol) is also coming this year!

My plan was to bring the Elky and Chevelle but the Chevelle isn't running right so I may leave it home. :crying:

Our routes won't cross, we pretty much drive straight down 81. We'll be there tomorrow afternoon; see you there!

Yelcamino
09-15-2010, 05:29 AM
Mike

I'm bummed you're not going to be there Mike! I guess that mean Carol and I will have to come out to your place when it gets cold and snowy by us! I'll send you a CD with pictures!

Oh, and we won't be on the road until o-dark:30 tomorrow morning.

dropit69
09-15-2010, 05:32 AM

Tommy thats the route i take..gps in mine is dead on for that route..so is mapquest..not alot of construction but some in ky..lots of cops on my way down so watch out..

317millhand
09-15-2010, 07:48 AM
I will not have a car there, but I will be there as a spectator to watch you guys thrash those awesome cars on the autocross. Hopefully Ill get to meet some of you, your cars, and get some ideas and advice for mine. Then, maybe Ill be able to thrash mine next year if all goes well.

Mike Holleman
09-15-2010, 08:16 AM
That's too bad you won't make it. It was great meeting and talking to you at the Mitty this summer. Enjoy the waves!

Robert
Enjoyed meeting you as well Robert. Just can't do it all. Will definately be enjoying the waves.
Mike

Mike Holleman
09-15-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm bummed you're not going to be there Mike! I guess that mean Carol and I will have to come out to your place when it gets cold and snowy by us! I'll send you a CD with pictures!

Oh, and we won't be on the road until o-dark:30 tomorrow morning.
I misread your post time. Thought you guys were already driving. I'll make sure that I'm open next year for the RTTH7. Wish Bill could hunt up a road course to replace the strip. You guys are always welcome. You are coming for Oct Maxton, right? Remind me to ship the 3.00 gear set to you. Ya'll have fun now, ya hear!
Mike

Derek69SS
09-15-2010, 10:41 AM
I will not have a car there, but I will be there as a spectator to watch you guys thrash those awesome cars on the autocross. Hopefully Ill get to meet some of you, your cars, and get some ideas and advice for mine. Then, maybe Ill be able to thrash mine next year if all goes well.
Bring a helmet, and "spectate" from the 2nd best seat at the course.

I want to save at least one run to take my wife along, but anyone is welcome to ride along if my passenger seat is open...

317millhand
09-15-2010, 11:15 AM
I may take you up on that.

gmjj13
09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
wow, really wish i could make it this year. everyone make sure to take plenty of pics and video, for those of us not lucky enough to be there.:cheers:

tazzz25906112
09-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Gonna roll out of Toronto with the 48' trailer in about an hour,,,,, see ya tomorrow gang....

tommycomfort
09-16-2010, 02:32 AM
Mike

Mike, We're bummed you won't be there this year but do understand chossing the road course events. We've been trying to figure out how we can fit one more track day in before the end of the year. We may just drive up to Gingerman for a test and tune evening...
Enjoy the waves and we'll see you before long!
Tom and family

tommycomfort
09-16-2010, 03:16 AM
Yep, Ted and Christi are flying in today. Should be to my place by 3 pm. The wife (Carol) is also coming this year!

My plan was to bring the Elky and Chevelle but the Chevelle isn't running right so I may leave it home. :crying:

Our routes won't cross, we pretty much drive straight down 81. We'll be there tomorrow afternoon; see you there!

Wow, that is the ultra bummer about the 66! Wow, right after being featured in CHP... Oh, maybe you just want the fan fair, I get it! :idea:

Bad94
09-16-2010, 04:27 AM
Well the truck and trailer is loaded and should be heading out in about a hour.

Yelcamino
09-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Well the truck and trailer is loaded and should be heading out in about a hour.

I don't know if you'll be heading down 81 but keep an eye open for a yellow El Camino and a blue Chevelle!

Bad94
09-16-2010, 04:58 AM
I don't know if you'll be heading down 81 but keep an eye open for a yellow El Camino and a blue Chevelle!

Straight down 75

Mike Holleman
09-16-2010, 05:25 AM
Mike, We're bummed you won't be there this year but do understand chossing the road course events. We've been trying to figure out how we can fit one more track day in before the end of the year. We may just drive up to Gingerman for a test and tune evening...
Enjoy the waves and we'll see you before long!
Tom and family
If all works out I'll be doing four more track weekends this year plus Maxton. The swell has already started from Igor. Should be four good days of surf. Give the family my best.
Mike

dropit69
09-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Youll be missed Mike always great bsing with ya..Enjoy the surf !!

Mike Holleman
09-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Youll be missed Mike always great bsing with ya..Enjoy the surf !!
Thanks Darrin, Will be in the water many hours over the next few days, but in hindsight I would rather be up there with you guys.
Mike

RS_Customs
09-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks Darrin, Will be in the water many hours over the next few days, but in hindsight I would rather be up there with you guys.
Mike

There is still time to make it! LOL

Any chance your coming down to Petit Le Mans in a couple weeks at Road Atlanta.

Robert

cobragt
09-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Been sick with the flu since I got back from New York Sunday. Not going to be able to make this one.

formula
09-16-2010, 07:51 PM
There is still time to make it! LOL

Any chance your coming down to Petit Le Mans in a couple weeks at Road Atlanta.

Robert

I'll be there, heck I might even drive the bird. Why not?!?!?!

In other news: I'm all geared up to roll tomorrow. Did a little final "test-n-tune" in my old highschool parking lot--other than the overtouchy brakes, I think she's golden. Should be in town 6-7pm, just let me know where i need to go to drink.

1981silverz28
09-16-2010, 07:54 PM
I got the Z washed and ready to go . I'll leave about 8 in the morn and pre-run the Dragon and Foothills Parkway and see ya'll at the Mainstay !!!!! Dang I can't wait .............

RS_Customs
09-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Heading out now! :cheers:

Robert

GeoffP
09-17-2010, 03:08 AM
We'll see you guys about 5 this afternoon!

Bjkadron
09-18-2010, 05:43 PM
AWESOME!!! I had a blast at the Autocross today! And I didn't even get to drive!

Derek69SS
09-19-2010, 03:00 AM
I coned away a run that would have been good enough to get into the "top-10" run-offs... now I have to come back next year...

Dan S.
09-19-2010, 03:10 AM
Anyone have any results for the events?

GeoffP
09-19-2010, 09:00 AM
I didn't stay through the entire top 8, but I know Brian Finch and Kyle Tucker were in the group. There was also a white Mustang (body style prior to the newer fastback style) that had a mishap involving a curb at the tail end of the autocross. I'm not sure who else because I ended up leaving after Kyle's run. The best street car times for the day were in the 1.08 neighborhood for anyone who's curious.

dropit69
09-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Kyle won autocross but Brian Finch won the overall King of the Hill title..awesome weekend. great friends and food (Thanks Albert )..its so awesome here i decide to stay tonight and drive home tomm..

LeadSSled
09-19-2010, 02:46 PM
The driver of the white Mustang with the mishap (broken wheel from hitting a curb) was Tony Bolton. How appropriate that he was the winner of the drawing for the new Forgeline Wheels. Congrats, Tony!

JEFFTATE
09-19-2010, 06:56 PM
The driver of the white Mustang with the mishap (broken wheel from hitting a curb) was Tony Bolton. How appropriate that he was the winner of the drawing for the new Forgeline Wheels. Congrats, Tony!

YES !!
Congrats Tony Bolton !!