PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Like Paint Alsa Corp

200horse
05-07-2005, 07:10 AM
I have bought the complete alsa kit mirror chrome paint and when i get done clearing it for the final time it looks like almost a silver nothing like chrome. Looks close to chrome before I put final clear on it. The last coat of clear turns it silver. Called alsa they said I didnt let my black dry long enough. (I think 5 days should be good,they say 7) I am no back yard type guy 15 plus years in restoring cars. Has anyone used this paint or seen it in person? any help is a plus. Thanks in advance

tim

slownova
05-07-2005, 09:08 AM
same stuff happend with my car. i guess you have to buy 1000s of dollars worth of guns to make it work.

200horse
05-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Slow did you do it yourself? did you use the alsa kit? I have trtied and tried but looks like silver after i put clear over there chome paint looks pretty good til the clear goes on just wondering if its me or the product alsa is saying its me

slownova
05-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Slow did you do it yourself? did you use the alsa kit? I have trtied and tried but looks like silver after i put clear over there chome paint looks pretty good til the clear goes on just wondering if its me or the product alsa is saying its me i didn't do it but i was there during it all and the same stuff happend to mine. they said we didn't have the right guns. i mean it looks ok but not the look i was wanting.

69Lowbird
05-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Is this the same stuff? http://www.innate.com/Paint/Chrome.htm

ProdigyCustoms
05-08-2005, 06:32 PM
I saw the Beamer with the entire body painted at SEMA and it had a "chrome look" of sorts. But also had WICKED scrathes from what looked like nothing more the towels. Personally, I think it is junk.

slownova
05-08-2005, 09:32 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
thats how mine turned out. whats painted is the panel that goes where the wipers are. it looks really silver in that pic. in person its a little bit more chrome like, but not much. hope that helps.

200horse
05-09-2005, 06:04 AM
TAHANKS Slow glad to get second opinion. I thought it was me and the kept(alsa) saying i was doing something wrong. Prodigy did the car look chrome at sema or more silver?

200horse
05-09-2005, 06:06 AM
69 yes same stuff as alsa that i tried using have you used it??

thanks tim

ProdigyCustoms
05-10-2005, 02:04 AM
The Beamer looked like a silver car trying to be a chrome car. Looked like **** to me.

200horse
05-10-2005, 05:25 AM
thanks prod. That how my chrome is looking silver trying to look chrome.trying it again soon see what happens. Also says I am putting on my silver too soon hell letting the first clear dry 5 days to 7 I think thats long enough. It looks almost chrome til last coat clear then silver. Pay over 500 for there kit and its silver paint lol

tim

slownova
05-10-2005, 02:43 PM
well we got the idea last night to paint something and just not clear it. it looks shinner then chrome before we clear it then we clear it and it dulls. so i'll let you know what happens there.

200horse
05-10-2005, 03:49 PM
slow are you using the also chrome? i have the same problem looks good one I put the silver on then when put finally clear on it turnd silver. Are you letting it dry for 7 days? the black? are you using all there products? clear and all?

68protouring454
05-11-2005, 03:35 AM
i am not into that stuff either, but maybe it should be baked inbetween coats?? i too think the car at sema was ugly

jake

slownova
05-11-2005, 12:24 PM
slow are you using the also chrome? i have the same problem looks good one I put the silver on then when put finally clear on it turnd silver. Are you letting it dry for 7 days? the black? are you using all there products? clear and all?
im using the alsa chrome yes. im doing everything exactly how they tell you to. im letting it dry the exact amounts. im using everything alsa wants you to.

200horse
05-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Well slow I dont feel bad then. Does it almost look like chrome til you put the last coat clear on it? Making sure you are having same problem also before give up and forget about my 500 spent on the system

slownova
05-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Well slow I dont feel bad then. Does it almost look like chrome til you put the last coat clear on it? Making sure you are having same problem also before give up and forget about my 500 spent on the system
yea thats why this time were going to skip the clear and see what happens.

200horse
05-12-2005, 05:56 PM
How is it going to hold up if you dont clear it? I see that having to uv protection or anything its mostly alchol and silver in that majical bottle lol

tim