PDA

View Full Version : power brakes or dual m/c setup?

CamaroAJ
06-21-2010, 09:26 AM
on my '67 camaro i built i used wilwood dual master setup and had no issues other than how far away from the gas pedal the brake was. brake pedal was to the left of the column, was a little bit of a pain.

on the '69 camaro i'm building i'm not sure what way i want to go. my plan is to graft the ABS into the '69 off an '01 camaro ss and the dual master setup might not be the best setup to work with the BPMV since that has the prop valve in it. so thats a Pro to the power brake setup.

now if it doesn't work out after the car is running and i disable ABS then i would want the dual setup for the adjustability and would be a huge pain to do after the car is done. so thats a Pro for the dual setup. i think if i do this setup i'm going to use the remote mount master setup and modify the stock pedals to work with it.

the car will see alot of street use but will see alot of autocross and open track days too. whats most important to me is the ergonomics of the pedal setup for heel/toe and overall feel when in the seat.

so what do you guys think on either setup?