PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual Day At The Strip July 17th - 18th

MarkB
06-19-2010, 02:19 PM
We would like to invite everyone to the 7th Annual "A Day At The Strip" The event is held on July 17th - 18th 2010. The show is at the Mid-American Air Center in Lawrenceville, Illinois. This is where the "World Series Of Drag Racing" was held in 1956. So this gives you a chance to take your vehicle down the original drag strip (single timed runs only). This is where the first 150 MPH pass was made! Lots of history here.

Saturday the 17th is an Autocross Sponsored by Ridetech, Baer Brakes Speed Stop Challenge, Bowler Performance Transmissions Cruise and Cruise In.

Sunday the 18th is the Single timed runs on the 1/4 mile strip, Car Show & The Roadster Shop BBQ Dinner

Other sponsors are Schwartz Extreme Performance, Detroit Speed, BFGoodrich Tires, Pro-Touring.com, Lateral-G.net, Lawrence County Votech Center, Phantom Products and Rad Rides By Troy .

Come and enjoy the weekend. There is a car show, The Roadster Shop BBQ Dinner, Drag Strip (now a air strip), Ridetech Autocross, Baer Brake Speed Stop Challenge, and BPT Cruise on Saturday night. For $35.00 you get in both days, which includes a T-shirt, dinner for two, runs on the Autocross, Speed Stop Challenge and Drag strip. You can register the day of the show up until 3pm on Saturday or 11 am on Sunday. (we use the term unlimited lightly, there is a lot of cars that show up so you have to wait your turn), Saturday will just be a cruise in, Autocross Baer Speed Stop Challenge, no judging for show cars until Sunday. Sunday will be the car show, single timed runs, BBQ dinner and car show judging. Trophies for top 25 and custom built wooden trophies by The Woodman for the best of classes.

Where else can you do all that for $35.00? Take the drive and have some fun, tell your friends!

Go To www.dayatthestrip.com (http://www.dayatthestrip.com) for more event info

Hope to see you there!

If interested in being a vendor or sponsor please contact Bowler Performance Transmissions at Route 4 Box 148, Lawrenceville, IL 62439. Phone: 618-943-4856
Hotels are located in Vincennes, Indiana.

Finch
06-21-2010, 04:00 PM
I know Bill and I will be there ready to run......It was a blast last year and truely the best bang for the buck out there.

I think you need to raise the price and I will still come regardless of the cost.

796spdbu
06-23-2010, 08:44 PM
I plan on attending this one also! Never been so I cant wait!

bret
06-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Since we are only an hour from Lawrenceville, we will have the full RideTech stable there.

Velocity - 68 Camaro
66 Chevelle
2010 Mustang
71 GTO
67 C10
70 GSX
07 Z06
64 Corvette
68 Bonneville
72 Chevelle - this is a new test car project that we'll be baselining at that event.
70 Nova - Select series electronic shocks on this car
66 Impala
67 SS Chevelle - new coilovers on this one!
69 Mustang

Rides are available in any of these cars. If you are REALLY cute [and nice to me] you might even be able to drive! Remember...cute is quite important.

This event is such a blast. It is usually miserably hot but the "socializing" continues into the wee hours of the [cooler] evening. Sunday is recovery day.

This is certainly as much fun as you'll ever having in a cornfield with your clothes on. We are actually considering combining this show with the MMC event next year.

Good stuff...bring your car, bring your family...you won't be disappointed.

RomsMotors
06-30-2010, 08:19 PM
The LS1olds will be there. What time on sat. morning do you have to be there for registration for the autocross and stop challenge? It is a five hour drive down there. Trying to figure out what time to leave.

tommycomfort
07-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Looks like Deb, Sam and I will be there in the 66 and the wagon. :fingersx:

tommycomfort
07-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Alright, who else is going? I'm starting to get excited since we just sat around in lawn chairs last weekend at GG Columbus.

Also wondering what time I should show up on Saturday considering that we're not pre-registered?

Tom

MarkB
07-12-2010, 11:45 AM
The event kicks off at 3pm on Saturday and registration will be from 3pm - 5pm on Saturday and from 8am to noon on Sunday. On Saturday, we will be allowing friends (this includes any Pro-touring members), family and sponsors to have fun runs from 10:30 until 2pm at the Ridetech autocross, the times will not be recorded or counted for the trophy or the tires for this session, this is only to fulfill your cravings and have fun, starting at 3pm we will open the competition for all paid and registered vehicles and the times will be recorded for both the early and late model classes, each class will be awarded a custom made wooden trophy and a certificate for a set of BFGoodrich tires. Drag racing starts at 10 am on Sunday and the awards for the car show will be about 3pm on Sunday.

Looks like we are going to have a great weekend! We look forward to seeing everyone at the event.

Finch
07-14-2010, 08:08 AM
We are coming up Friday night so will be there in the AM on Saturday. We hope to have the Kryptonite car there as well to thrash on.

dropit69
07-14-2010, 09:08 AM
i might come watch on sunday got plans on sat ..which sucks..its not that far either..which makes it suck more..lol and HOT it prolly will be been in high 80;s to 90.s with killer humidity all week..its 94 today..aughhh

dropit69
07-16-2010, 11:44 AM
ok changed my mind..just snagged 3rd row Iron Maiden tickets for sunday night..WOHOOOO

tommycomfort
07-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Wow, I can't even to begin to say what a great time we had! We weren't able to get the wagon rear gear back together in time, but the 66 held up great. I lost count, but I would say that I made over forty auto-x laps and my wife had close to twenty along with a handful of "speed stop challenge" passes. A huge thanks to Mark and the whole Bowler crew for putting together a fantastic event!
Tom

Bill Howell
07-19-2010, 06:00 AM
For you guys that missed this, HUGE WEEKEND! Like Tom said, too many runs to even count and on a huge course. This is probably the best kept secret of all the events through the year and a great place to improve your driving skills.
OH, btw, there will be a picture posted later today of my charger "pushing" Brian's camaro with a tow strap. I got to tell you, that was pretty hard to keep the strap rigid.....

Thanks to Mark, and all the other folks that again, made this a huge success. I will be back next year.

tommycomfort
07-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Well, my brother-in-law took these, so they are almost all of our car, but they're all I've got.

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/tommycomfort/Day%20at%20the%20Strip%202010/

RomsMotors
07-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Bill or Mark,

What was the finale results of the speed stop challenge?