PDA

View Full Version : my '68 camaro.

Matt
08-27-2004, 11:35 AM
This is taking longer than I had thought....
I picked up my '68 at the beginning of the year, New Mexico car it's whole life, which means virtually no rust or anything of the sort, that and a good friend of mine worked on it back in the early 70's....before I was even a twinkle in my parents eyes (I'm only 23).

So far here is what I have for it.
Small Block 400, destroked to a 377 with forged internals. It was a blower block my friend had made for a project that he never finished, and sold everything else off of.
Dart Aluminum heads. 200cc 72cc combustion chamber.
Currie 9" with a detroit locker, narrowed for the camaro. Been passed on from Outlaw mustang racer Dwayne James.
Boyd Coddington Timeless 5 wheels (8x17 front, 9.5x17 inch rear)
Momo Race steering wheel
MSD pro-billet Distributor
B and M Line Locker
3 Core Copper Radiator (copper cause it's fixable in BFE)
Front and rear sway bar
KYB gas-a-just shocks
Poly body and suspension bushings
Edelbrock victor jr intake manifold.

Right now it has a holley 800cfm carb. But the car will be going efi once I have the big stuff installed in it.
Has a turbo400 tranny right now, but I'll be going over to a t56 pretty soon.

I'm waiting on my rocker arms and girdles to get the engine in, and waiting on my friend to rebuild my rear end and my brakes before I do my suspension and all that.

...I also have a 2002 subaru impreza wrx with upgraded everything that I'm trying to sell (want it ;))

I just graduated college (UNM in poli-sci/art). I run a website called SWSpeed.com, we do a good number of events, mainly drag racing but I can set up a road course day here in albuquerque too. I'm a webdesigner/graphic designer, and I'm moving to San Antonio pretty soon.

Thats me, that's my car.
-Matt

Ralph LoGrasso
08-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Hey Matt,

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Your car sounds awesome, lets see some pics!

Matt
08-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Thanks man....oh, I forgot, it's getting twin turboed. Since NM is damn near the capital of turbo domestics between urist and HP.

jonny51
08-28-2004, 10:54 AM
:postpics:

No offense but this is a cool smiley
The car seems like it is going to be nice can't wait to see the pics.