PDA

View Full Version : Removing Gauges off 67?

TheRoaringEagle
05-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Hi, I wanted to take off the large two pod gauge plastic bezel guy off my dash but the speedo cable doesn't look like it's going to allow it. So is there a secret on unhooking the speedo cable to the factory speedometer or will I have to detach that sucker from the tranny and guide it through the holes? Thanks!

68BNUT
05-06-2005, 06:58 PM
You should be able to just reach up there and unscrew it from the back of the speedo gage. Not sure why your having trouble maybe 30 some odd years of being screwed on there????

boodlefoof
05-08-2005, 06:25 PM
I just reached my hand up there from underneath and unscrewed mine. Was a little tight back there, but I got it.

TheRoaringEagle
05-11-2005, 10:06 AM
I unscrewed it, but there's still a cable attached to the back. It really doesn't look like it comes off the back of the factory speedo. Am I supposed to pull the whole cable out along with the gauges?

Happyfunballs
05-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Mine came out just fine. I left the speedo cable in the car till the tranny came out. Don't know what the other cable could be, unless it's the speed warning version with a dial under the dash, but even then, I wouldn't think it would matter.