PDA

View Full Version : Buttonwillow Schedule

Orngcrush69
05-05-2005, 06:53 PM
I don't know if anyone is interested, but here are the events at Buttonwillow that I have commited to. Don't be shy to join me out there, it's my first season and the people who put on the events and the people on the track are easy to work with, and I'm having a blast!

NASA June 11th
NorCal July 2nd
B-party! July 16th
S.V. August 26th
NASA Oct. 8th

Mean 69
05-20-2005, 08:28 AM
I'll plan on joining you on 6/11 with NASA. Should be nice and toasty out there!

Mark

Q ship
05-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Mark, are you going to make it out to WS this weekend?

Mean 69
05-20-2005, 11:18 AM
With my tail tucked between my legs, I have to say "no." I have been working really hard to get the car finished, but yesterday was the deal breaker. I need a new M/C, just ordered one from Summit a few minutes ago. There are still a few other little things too, but I just can't pull it together. I am super bummed. I am going to try to make the Cal Speed event a week from today, there is another event there in a few weeks that I will try to attend also. We'll see, my best intentions have not gone my way the last few weeks.

Mark

Q ship
05-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Oh no, another M/C? Don't feel bad, my car is nowhere close to be ready, at least you can see the light at the end. Next event I can even show up at will be the BP, and I'm hoping the car will be running by the end of the year. I'm just living vicariously through you guys!!

Orngcrush69
05-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Looking forward to seeing you Mean 69, it looks like NASA is not as laid back as speedventure as far as inspection, has anyone out there ran the hpde with NASA? And how tight are they on the inspections?

Mean 69
05-21-2005, 07:34 AM
Though I have never run my own car with them, I have attended several of their events as a spectator. If your car is safe enough to go on the track, you'll be fine. These events are really cool to go to in that there a lot of folks that are actually racing in a points series, you can learn a ton from them and there is a huge variety of cars in various series. The guys that put the series on are terrific. I think there is a section in their rules that points specifically to requirements of the cars in HPDE, if there is something in there that you may think is an issue with your own car, PM me personally.
M