PDA

View Full Version : Fuel lines along the transmission tunnel

69X22
06-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Is it a horrible sin to run the fuel lines along the transmission tunnel, it would be allot neater.

mrn2obelvedere
06-06-2010, 08:33 PM
I think not. As long as you aren't rubbing up against anything with the fuel lines and the fuel lines are properly secured you should be ok. However, I would be mostly concerned about heat buildup and serviceability.

neki67
06-07-2010, 01:50 AM
Might be far fetched but did you take driveshaft failure into consideration? I personally wouldn't do it to prevent the (perhaps minute) change of the failing drive shaft damaging the fuel lines.

LSx_88_Ciera
06-07-2010, 02:04 AM
Might be far fetched but did you take driveshaft failure into consideration? I personally wouldn't do it to prevent the (perhaps minute) change of the failing drive shaft damaging the fuel lines.

You had the same thought as me only I took it 1 step further.
Drive-shaft/u-joint failure + metal to metal contact with friction = spark
spark + ruptured fuel line = fire and possibly an eventual explosion once the liquid fuel is gone.

Jim Nilsen
06-07-2010, 06:39 AM
I have read that you will not pass tech with any fuel lines running in the tunnel area, it just isn't a good place to run them anyway even if it seems easy.

69X22
06-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Yes the driveshaft/U-joint failure were my biggest concern. Thanks

holschen
06-08-2010, 11:44 AM
You had the same thought as me only I took it 1 step further.
Drive-shaft/u-joint failure + metal to metal contact with friction = spark
spark + ruptured fuel line = fire and possibly an eventual explosion once the liquid fuel is gone.

hmm yes and a hot exaust nearby and fuel sipping at it is not something u want thats a nono atleast for me