PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading a E-body

Ornamental
05-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Hi!

I'm about to spend some savings on a g-machine project.
Having no knowledge whatsoever, i'm hoping to get some aid from you people. At the time, i have'nt decided what car to buy, but i'm VERY partial to the E-body, be it Barracuda or Challenger.
The only thing i'm sure of is that i'll go for a very base model in good condition, because i intend to modernize everything of brakes, engine, drivetrain, and last but not least, SUSPENSION!

Which is why i'm making this thread.
While there seems to be a plethora of bolt-on applications for Ford and GM, Mopar appears to be of considerately less interest for aftermarket businesses. Is there anyone who can nudge me in the direction of a good vendor of modern suspensions for Mopars?
Air Ride Technologies makes some beautiful things, but i only see Ford and GM in their catalog.

I'm not even sure of what i want. Honestly.
I think i want a 4-link with air ride, knowing it's a bit expensive, and then some.

But if any of you want to give me a correction, please do so.
I'd be very grateful.

Travis B
05-05-2005, 09:49 AM
Air ride is awesome in my opinion I know a lot of guys on here do not like it but I love it! we put air ride on pretty much eveything we build! I am sure if you call airride they can steer you in the right direction! I know there are some mopar guys on here that will get you going in the right direction as well! Good luck with the project!

Ornamental
05-05-2005, 10:42 AM
What is there to be said against air ride?
I know from reading Popular Hot Rodding that air ride used to be more for comfort than for handling, but that was before, right?

I've tried to mail Air Ride Tech, but my mail fails to be delivered.
Appears like i've gotta give them a call.

rkcuda
05-13-2005, 06:41 AM
For my Ebody, I am just moving with the standard stuff. Subframe connectors, Larger torsion bars and front and rear sway bars. I have the parts but yet to install them. I can give you an idea of the handling when I am done

For my Road Runner I am using a Ladder Bar set up but it is not on the road... no info yet or for a while.

70Dustpan
05-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Have you looked at the AlterKion yet. Very nice set-up. Give Bill a call and he will tell you all you need to know about it. He makes them for A, B, And E Bodys.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/