PDA

View Full Version : Braided front brake hose for '69 Torino

fantasygoat
06-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm trying to find a set of hoses for my car but none of the typical vendors make them specifically for my car.

I'm hoping someone here might know what ends I need and the length of hose, so I can pick up some universals.

Thanks...

GenPac
06-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Tobin @ Kore3 has some braided lines made for him that he brands. You might want to give him a call to pick his brain and see if he can have them fabbed. He's an awesome guy to deal with.

Tobin -(541) 924-5673 Located in Oregon.

Apogee
06-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the props Dan. As for the '69 Torino in question, are you running just the factory original disc/drum setup or are you running aftermarket disc brakes? I can tell you what the catalogs say, however verifying that information is usually a very good idea in my experience. FWIW, the catalog info we have is noted below for a 2-door '69 Torino where FIF = SAE female inverted flare:

Front: 3/8-24 FIF x 3/8 banjo x 14.25" long
Note - There are left and right hand versions of the front hoses due to a handed anchor bracket on the frame end of the caliper hoses.

Rear: 3/8-24 FIF x 3/8-24 FIF Tee x 15.313" long
Note - The tee fitting is somewhat unusual in that it's more like a "Y" fitting, however I don't know of any aftermarket options that will be anything but a true tee fitting.

Hope that helps,
Tobin
KORE3

chunger
06-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Tobin,

The info you have is correct. My Ranchero is the same thing as a Torino under the skin, so I've got the same setup.

I'm not clear tho - are these hoses something you have or can make? I'm running the factory disk brakes up front.