PDA

View Full Version : 69speed's ride

69speed
05-05-2005, 06:53 AM
As promised, new pic of my 69 RS/SS convertible. I wanted to post more, but I'm having trouble getting them to upload.(Someone please teach me how to downsize my images.)

It moved under its own power last night! :) Once I tidy up the wiring I plan to take it for it's first drive tomorrow.

CAMAROBOY69
05-05-2005, 07:03 AM
Looks great so far. I really like the wheels. What are some of the details of the engine?
If you want to host pics just go here http://www.imageshack.us/
Free and post as many as you want and any size. We like the thumbnail version the best.
Good luck with the first drive tomorrow. :)

69speed
05-05-2005, 08:00 AM
The wheels are 18" Budnik M5 Fatlips.
2000 LS1 from a Trans Am WS6 that only had 1976 miles when it was totaled. All stock internals, Speartech did my engine harness and programming, Street and Performance headers, Taylor 8mm plug wires. I still need to fabricate my cold air intake. I wiil install a LS6 intake soon, but other than that I just plan to drive it as is (with a 100shot of nitrous)for at least a year maybe 2. This is going to be my daily driver when complete. :drive1:

CAMAROBOY69
05-05-2005, 08:06 AM
That is going to be one awesome ride. Keep the pics coming.

colt zantop
05-05-2005, 12:16 PM
lookin good! keep us updated!

69rs
05-05-2005, 12:59 PM
That's gonna be an awesome daily driver!:headbang:

69LS1SixSpeed
05-06-2005, 04:03 PM
The wheels are 18" Budnik M5 Fatlips.
2000 LS1 from a Trans Am WS6 that only had 1976 miles when it was totaled. All stock internals, Speartech did my engine harness and programming, Street and Performance headers, Taylor 8mm plug wires. I still need to fabricate my cold air intake. I wiil install a LS6 intake soon, but other than that I just plan to drive it as is (with a 100shot of nitrous)for at least a year maybe 2. This is going to be my daily driver when complete. :drive1: Is you car a 6-speed or auto? I'm presently working on a 69 with a 2000 Trans Am WS6 / 6 speed. I'm getting ready to order the wiring harness. Do you recommend Speartech and did they just modify your existing harness? Also, did you re-wire the rest of the car? I want to perform that task also and would appreciate any recommendations! I'll enclose a couple of pictures of my project. I'm envious that you have your car running...looks great!!!

Chuck

69speed
05-06-2005, 09:13 PM
My car is a 6 speed out of the same 2000 WS6. I would highly recommend Speartech, the customer service is excellent. They reworked my old harness, which I was able to mount inside the car without lengthening wires. Yes, I am rewiring the car with a Painless 18 circuit Muscle Car harness. I would not dream of wiring that engine to a 36 year old harness. Well, ok I did think about it to save some money, but in the end I knew I had to rewire it. I'm replacing everything else why save money now:). I have also used a Painless dash harness. I still have a lot of wiring to do. My main goal the last few weeks has been to get the car running. I knew my motivation would go way up when I heard the engine and got to drive it the first time.
I drove it for the 1st time today. :yeah: :drive1: :thankyou:
I let my wife drive it tonight also. She loves it! I was a little suprised because she doesn't like to drive my '01 Mustang Cobra and the camaro is not even fully assembled yet. Go figure.

You've got a nice car there. I see you're well acquainted with the guys a Street and Performance:) me too. Did you fab your intake? I still need to complete my intake and I'm looking for ideas and parts. Details, please:)

Blitz
05-07-2005, 04:46 AM
69Speed...Looking good. Keep us updated.

69LS1SixSpeed....I'm really liking that intake. What are the details on it?

69LS1SixSpeed
05-09-2005, 02:36 AM
My car is a 6 speed out of the same 2000 WS6. I would highly recommend Speartech, the customer service is excellent. They reworked my old harness, which I was able to mount inside the car without lengthening wires. Yes, I am rewiring the car with a Painless 18 circuit Muscle Car harness. I would not dream of wiring that engine to a 36 year old harness. Well, ok I did think about it to save some money, but in the end I knew I had to rewire it. I'm replacing everything else why save money now:). I have also used a Painless dash harness. I still have a lot of wiring to do. My main goal the last few weeks has been to get the car running. I knew my motivation would go way up when I heard the engine and got to drive it the first time.
I drove it for the 1st time today. :yeah: :drive1: :thankyou:
I let my wife drive it tonight also. She loves it! I was a little suprised because she doesn't like to drive my '01 Mustang Cobra and the camaro is not even fully assembled yet. Go figure.

You've got a nice car there. I see you're well acquainted with the guys a Street and Performance:) me too. Did you fab your intake? I still need to complete my intake and I'm looking for ideas and parts. Details, please:)
Thanks for response. The air intake is for a C-5 Corvette that I'm "trying" to make work (purchased off Ebay). In the picture I do not have the MAF installed so there is a space issue of hitting the radiator. I believe that I can modify the rubber connections and reduce the inlet lenght of the aluminum pipe to allow sufficient clearance. I just need to get after it and do it! I need to ask you a few more questions concerning your wiring....I'll do that later....thanks again for the info as it's great to have someone who has already completed parts of the conversion to go to school on!

Chuck

69LS1SixSpeed
05-09-2005, 02:38 AM
69Speed...Looking good. Keep us updated.

69LS1SixSpeed....I'm really liking that intake. What are the details on it?
I explained in my prior post on this thread!

Rybar
05-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Nice work guys, I'm at about the same stage as both of you, getting the wiring done, I got my harness from Speartech and have got alot of the nick nacks from S&P. Trying to get it wired, fuel lines, PS lines in and fired up asap!