PDA

View Full Version : 69 Camaro dash in a 69 Firebird?

eguyett1985
05-04-2005, 09:09 PM
I've started on a 69 Firebird and just picked up a 69 Camaro shell as a donor for the roof (mine's pretty rusted) and in thinking how I'm going to lay out the dash...I see the Firebird doesn't have as much room for aftermarket gauges like 5" Autometer Tach and Speedo and the other gauges I'm going to need..I see that my Camaro shell still has the dash carrier in place and I'm thinking it might be easier to use the Camaro dash in the Firebird and use the DSE insert. I don't see why this wouldn't work..has anybody done this?

CAMAROBOY69
05-05-2005, 06:06 AM
I haven't hear of THAT conversion yet but I would think you could do it and have it completed all in 1 or 2 days max. That would be very very easy. The only hassle would be the wires. Other than that it shouldnt be too bad at all.
I will give you a hint that I should have done when I performed my dash installation.(2002 TA dash into 69 Camaro)
REMOVE THE WINDSHIELD. It will make life soo much easier.

eguyett1985
05-05-2005, 07:47 PM
That's cool..yeah, I'm leaning towards doing that..the car is stripped to a bare shell right now without any glass in it...Thanks!