PDA

View Full Version : Finch a force to be dealt with......

Danny Thomas
05-30-2010, 11:25 PM
You guessed it ..Brian takes the Midwest Musclecar top award. He yet ceases to amazes me how he continues to raise the bar. Kyle was so fustrated at the road course that Brian kept pulling away from him on the course that he has vowed to install a new engine in his second gen. The competition was tough and no one gave up till the very last second of each event. For all that missed it..it was the best money for an event that I have ever spent. Putnam Park was the best forgiven road course I have ever seen. A novice like me reached 120mph and gave me the confidence to push my car to points I never dreamed of. Thanks to Forgeline, we had professional drivers at our disposal that rode along and gave much valuable info. The criuse was a blast and boy was those ribs, to die for--thanks flowmaster. The autocross made last weeks at Goodguys in Nashville pitiful...this was a mini road course at the airport. what a blast. And finally the speed stop was another blast..thanks Todd / Baer, even though I suck at it. The entire weekend was superb. Where could you spent $300 and have such an action packed weekend? Thanks to Mark and Brett and all the associate sponsors for putting it on. Weather was perfect...All of those that didn't make it watch the special that is to air on TV and look at the posted pics...and I'm sure it will be on your calendar next year. Again congrads to my fellow Rat Packer----Brian Finch... Someone please step up and dethrone him before his head get too big..lol :1st:

ProdigyCustoms
05-31-2010, 04:17 AM
Brian is the man. He builds a great car and can drive the wheels off it. I am certain there is no better combination out there right now. And as he continues to improve his car and driving, I do not know how anyone can detrhone him! He had some really stiff competition this weekend and not just from DSE. This win did not come without a fight and killer combo of car and driver.

We are very proud Brian choose our new Prodigy Power 418 for his yellow car. When Brian and I discussed the motor I was trying to figure out the best way to torture test and prove our new engine packages. I thought, perfect! I think I found it!

Kyle was a big part of why Brian wanted more power. And when I heard what Kyle said about needing more power now, I was happy we met our goal!

Kyle was so fustrated at the road course that Brian kept pulling away from him on the course that he has vowed to install a new engine in his second gen.

Also, don't forget Brian also won the Spectra Speed Top Speed for the event with the Prodigy Power 418 pushing him down the front stretch!

Brian is 100% responsible for his wins which includes great parts selection. We are happy to be able to provide a little pieceof the puzzle.

There is a old saying I believe sums up my feelings.

If you can't beat um........Join um!

tazzz25906112
05-31-2010, 04:43 AM
^5 Buddy..... Congratulations on the win..... Bill always said,,,, Step up son,,, if anyone thinks they're gonna take that crown away they're in for a rude awakening LOL....

BTW my money is always on Brian just in case anyone was confused, top shelf guy,,, top shelf builder and a true winner...

JEFFTATE
05-31-2010, 04:47 AM
Way to go Brian !!

I really feel worse now for not attending the event.
I shoulda' called in sick.

ProdigyCustoms
05-31-2010, 04:47 AM
Missed you Albert.

See ya next time

tazzz25906112
05-31-2010, 05:19 AM
Thanks bud was a real drag not being there,,,, I'll look forward to seeing you at the Motor State buddy,,, the next two weeks just can't happen quickly enough for me LOL...

Danny Thomas
05-31-2010, 06:20 AM
Hey, Albert..ditto on missing you at the event...unbelievable weekend but you were the missing link. Hope all is well with your dad after our conversation. Also thanks for the sponsorship...u continue to impress me at every event on how you are stepping up to make these events happen. Also got to say I enjoyed that suite at the hotel u had to pass on..lol. You should have no charges for any of the rooms as that the Rat Pack stepped up and took them. Check ur credit card to make sure. Cant wait to see you in a few weeks and we can watch Brian take another one, unless Kyle or someone else steps up..competition is getting fierce......

Vegas69
05-31-2010, 06:21 AM
Congrats to Brian. He's on a role. He's still got some competition on the West coast. A shiny penny and a mule come to mind. :1st: I got's me some BFG's now to give Brian a run next time out this way. All that practice certainly hurts our chances of beating him, that's for sure!

Danny Thomas
05-31-2010, 06:46 AM
I also want to give Kyle Tucker a huge shout out..Kyle won a set of BFG's in one of the events, like he really needs them, but as a stand up person he is..he passed these tires on to a 13 year boy that was attending the event and was in the process of putting a car to gether with his dad. You should have seen the smile on that boy's face. Also thanks for your help with tools on saturday when I needed help. Nothing can be said on how great the frienship among this group is. Competitors on the track and friends off----saw many people step up and help others. Hey, Kyle, I'm not 13 but could sure use a set of tires, esp after this weekend...lol. thanks for your kindness and love for these events.

dropit69
05-31-2010, 07:25 AM
Congrats Brian..another awesome win..and Kyle that was awesome of you to give them tires to a next generation car builder...!! would have loved to seen that kids face..

RJ66
05-31-2010, 08:21 AM
I just wanted to thank all of the staff at FM3 marketing(Jimi, Wally, etc.), & all the sponsors (Ride Tech, Bowler, Baer brakes, BfGoodrich, Carbon Customs, Flowmaster, Forgeline, Holley, Mothers, Optima Batteries, Painless, Royal Purple, DSE & Spectre) for making this event so great. I highly recommend to anyone that is into performance cars & racing to grab a friend & come out to one of these events, you won't be dissapointed.
:6gears:

Also congratts to Brain Finch, Kyle Tucker, Chris Jacobs, for the awesome battle on the auto-x!

Bad94
05-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Finch is just a mad man on wheels.

Im glad to see that toms son got the tires, they have put alot of long hours in that car. Kinda sucks that they have a bottom end knock now after the weekend. I know his son is ready to drive the car.

I didnt get to do any ride alongs at the road course, but that auto x was just as long i think. The bear brake speed stop, WOW, some of these guys were beating the sh*t out of there cars. I did a few runs with kyle with the vid cam, i hope they turn out as will as the runs were.

Bill Howell
05-31-2010, 10:32 AM
We drove over 1200 miles and really beat on the hotrods this weekend. We got home ok about 3am this morning, but I will not move the charger again until I get some new meat on the front. We absolutely wore out the front KDWs this time. It was a blast though and that is what they are for, abuse. So much to say about the event, my favorite part has to be the instructor time received at Putnam Park. I felt very confident with Danny Pop riding along ever lap. He pushed me so far into the corners I could not believe I was actually driving that deep. Now I know the car is much more capable than I am. Once I get about two years of track instruction, and the new project done, who knows, I will try to dethrone the KING! However, I hope know one is holding their breath...haha

Congrats Brian on another victory!
Albert, MISSED you buddy! We will see you at Motorstate though, and looking foward to it, whos birthday is it anyway.......haha

Bow Tie 67
05-31-2010, 02:02 PM
congrats Brian, now tell me about this engine, 418?

YancyJohns
05-31-2010, 02:21 PM
These events keep getting better and better! For any of you on the fence, you missed another great weekend. Thanks to all the sponsors for putting on such a wonderful event! I have to agree w/ Bill on the instructor ride alongs, they were fantastic. Only one thing could of made the weekend better, our crazy Canadian friend Albert, we missed you buddy. First, I want to thank Tom McBride for driving the Sh*t out of the Fairlane, getting it ready and placing 4th at Putnam Park/6th overall, was awesome! With Motorstate right around the corner, I hope we can get rid aluminum driveshaft and the uncontrollable shake at 110 mph. Second, to Brain Finch for coming home to TN with another Win and a telephone book of awards!

hotwheels
05-31-2010, 04:24 PM
The Finch machine does it again! H*LL Yeah! Congrats Brian, you are unbelievable! Wish I was there to see all the action. Sounds like it was a good time had by all.

DFRESH
05-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Congrads Brian---that car looks killer and is one! Way to go bro!!

Doug

tazzz25906112
05-31-2010, 05:22 PM
I just saw the post about the wheels and what Kyle did and have to say that was extremely cool..... Kyle you're a "First Class Act" bud, I tip my hat to you for your good heart with that kid.

To the RatPack ,,,, thanks so much guys... I can't wait to hookup in a few weeks (feels like with withdrawals already missing one event LOL).....

796spdbu
05-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Albert,seems we missed a good time! Congrats to Brian! Very cool of Kyle to donate those tires! Hopefully "Misery" will be ready by Motorstate.

Greg

shmoov69
05-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Congrats Brian! Well deserved for sure, you drove the ***** out of that thing!!!
Great to meet y'all!

Finch
05-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks everyone for all the great responses.

I just got back from a relaxing day on the lake and am still trying to take it all in. This event was an absolute riot and if you do the math on laps per $$$ spent I know I owe someone some more money. I drove so long and so hard my arms were sore this morning from being up on the wheel. The Putnam track was like a country club and the instructors were a huge part of why everyone including myself and Kyle were getting better and better as the day went. Having the entire day to focus on just the road course really makes this event stand out as we had a great day and then still had another full day of racing on Sunday to look forward to.

The cruise in the afternoon was a great way to wind down and let the cars cool off and the ribs at the end of the cruise were worth every single mile it took to get us there. The RideTech ribs are one of my favorite things to eat and once again they passed with flying colors.

Sunday was another fun packed and fast paced day. The level of competition was cranked up a couple notches for sure as I had to work to get on top of the Autocross. Chris Jacobs and Brad the wild man Coomer were trading positions throughout the afternoon and I thought they had it all but locked away as we entered the last hour of competition. I am still not sure how but I was able to find the perfect run and set fast time for the event and take the victory. Kyle also had one of those runs and came all the way from 4th or 5th to 2nd.

The Speed Stop challenge proved once again a hard one to master as we had some new winners for the event. I really like this event as it combines the off the line acceleration of a drag race with the oh s**t there is no way I am going to stop feeling as you hammer the pedal at a high rate of speed. This event actually became the tie breaker yet again as with my first place finish in the Autocross and second in the Road Course tied me with Kyle's first place finish in the Road Course and second place in the Autocross. By placing several position ahead of Kyle I locked the victory proving again that consistency is the key to winning these things.

Finch
05-31-2010, 06:41 PM
We are very proud Brian choose our new Prodigy Power 418 for his yellow car. When Brian and I discussed the motor I was trying to figure out the best way to torture test and prove our new engine packages. I thought, perfect! I think I found it!

Kyle was a big part of why Brian wanted more power. And when I heard what Kyle said about needing more power now, I was happy we met our goal!

While we were out in Cali for the RTTC event I mentioned to Frank that the only piece really missing on my 71 was the power in the long straights and he said he had the answer for me. He told me about a plan to offer an all new 418 with your choice of cam for an affordable price. We struck the deal and I now have one of the first engines in the yellow 71. I am sure he will be coming out with the specifics and pricing soon but I can say that it is a great value and they are built with top shelf parts.

For my combo we worked on a cam spec that would give me the extra power without hurting the great throttle response and low end grunt I had with the LS3. The cam is more for a broad torque range vs the all out peak number and keeping it on the small side also helps the valve train live a long and happy life. The torque comes in early climbing to over 400 at 3200 RPM, peaking at 486 ft pounds around 4200 and stays above 400 all the way to 6300. Power wise it made 501 hp at the wheels at only 5900 rpm so we have alot of upside potential with this engine. I have put just over 900 miles on the engine since it was dropped in a couple weeks ago and it has been performing great. I have much more torque than before and the extra power is easy to get to the ground and really makes up the difference on the straights. In the past Kyle would walk away from me on the road course and now the tables are turned. Also as Frank mentioned this engine was what allowed me to take the Spectre Top Speed award as I was leaving Kyle in my rearview.

Many thanks go out to Frank for working with me on this and I look forward to more wins in the future as well as being able to step up the power levels as my driving skills improve in the coming years.

Also, I was still getting over 20 MPG on the trip up and back from the event so did not have to give up a bunch of milage to get the extra power. This could be from the great tuning Mike Norris did for me the week before the event, but I do not want his head to get any bigger.

nickdoe6
05-31-2010, 06:51 PM
Someone please step up and dethrone him before his head get too big..lol :1st:I'm working on it.... lol

Nick

JEFFTATE
06-01-2010, 05:12 AM
The 2nd Gens are killing everybody !!

Wiedo
06-01-2010, 06:23 AM
Wish I could have been there, I'm sure everyone had a great time. Wiedo.

Scott Parkhurst
06-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Wish I could have been there too!

The new engine is coming along...the wagon will be back soon! I miss you guys!

Glad everyone had such a great time- and WTG Finch!

wmhjr
06-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Are there any more video clips or pics of the event out there yet? Soiunds like a great time with some great cars and driving!

streetrod77
06-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Congrats Brian also, sounds like I missed a great event.

shmoov69
06-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Chic Is supposed to be loading up mine today. I'll let y'all know when!

cmraman
06-01-2010, 03:32 PM
The autocross battle at the end of the day was truely a nailbiter. Brian, Kyle and Chris really were going at it. This was a great event and big props to Jimi and Wally at FM3 Marketing for putting on a great event. They keep getting better and run very smooth. It was great to see some new faces out there. I hear this often, guys will ask, how do I get my car in a magazine. Well, this is a great venue for that. The books want to see guys use their cars. Plus, this weekend was a great opportunity to get your ride on TV. Mother's Car show series was out there filming. Plus I found this on Facebook last night, thanks to Wally from FM3...

http://mywabashvalley.com/fulltext?nxd_id=122986&watch=1

Big Congrats to Brian Finch for winning.... AGAIN. LOL. I don't know how you had the energy with bouncing between two cars all weekend.

Kyle Tucker's actions this weekend really exemplified the spirit of the hobby. Sam Farrington is 13 that was there with his dad, Tom. Kyle had won a set of BFG tires from the Hot Lap challenge, but gave Sam the prize because Sam and Tom are building Sam a Chevelle. Kyle also gave Sam his raffle number. These are things that make this hobby great. A community of people helping each other, and fierce competitors on the track. But at the end of the day, it's just about having fun with our cars safely. It's also so great to see young kids have the enthusiasm that we all do.

Yelcamino
06-01-2010, 03:45 PM
It sounds like you guys a great time! I'm jealous that I couldn't be there! Oh well, I guess the Motor State Challenge will have to do!

Mike Norris
06-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the props Brian, I think :) I am sure helmet would be loose on me if you know what I mean :razz:

Brian did a great job and the whole event was awesome to say the least. I also had the ride of the day with Kyle at Putnam Park :wrc: At least we missed everything and drove away. And with Frank at least we missed the timers on the autocross.

Looking forward to seeing some folks at the Motor State Challenge and possibly before hand at my shop in Indy.

Mike Norris

wicked68
06-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the props Brian, I think :) I am sure helmet would be loose on me if you know what I mean :razz:

Brian did a great job and the whole event was awesome to say the least. I also had the ride of the day with Kyle at Putnam Park :wrc: At least we missed everything and drove away. And with Frank at least we missed the timers on the autocross.

Looking forward to seeing some folks at the Motor State Challenge and possibly before hand at my shop in Indy.

Mike Norris

Hey Mike! Great to meet you up there. I was the guy with the mustang parked right next to Frank if you dont remember.

Good luck with the new shop in indy.

ProdigyCustoms
06-01-2010, 05:48 PM
:wrc: At least we missed everything and drove away. And with Frank at least we missed the timers on the autocross.

Mike Norris

Pretty sure we had the fastest time triping the timers with the rear bumper! We really should have taken the time slip! As always, thanks for the tune, you always make us look good!

ProdigyCustoms
06-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Lisa caught Brians winning run at the autocross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZFzSiiQtQ

Finch
06-01-2010, 06:28 PM
That is cool she got the winning run. Thanks for posting that up