PDA

View Full Version : How does one go about getting sponsorship(s) for a build

67greengt
05-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Hello all,

I've been on the pro-touring forum for a few years now and have been able to watch some of the amazing projects come together and can truly say it's been one of my major influences on building my car into a one-off pro-touring machine.

For those that haven't seen a few of my posts I'm building a 1967 Mustang Fastback after the ring brothers reactor and kona mustangs.

I bought my car when I was 11 (currently 23) and have since restored it to a couple different themes. First a concourse stock restoration, then a street strip car, then a wannabe pro touring car and now, I want a full on pro touring custom. My car is my life and has been for the past 12 years, and as I've learned the skills to put a car together my taste and standards have changed; I've become a hell of a lot pickier but have also been able to determine what it is that I want in my car. To this day my dad and I have done all the work on my car with the exception of the final block sanding and paint. The car has been featured in Mustang and Fords in Nov 04 (when it was freshly restored when I was 16) and will be featured in an upcoming Car Kraft issue (as the wannabe pro-touring theme)

I'm now building the car for Sema, and like many others am in the process of gather parts, researching and designing. My question to you is, how do you go about getting sponsorship from some of the companies out there?

I still need to purchase some fairly big items and any bit of discount and sponsorship would help

I would appreciate any and all advice/tips you could offer

Thanks

Tom

P.S Here's a link to my cardomain site that follows the restoration from start to finish to the point of where I completely took it apart to start the major overhaul of building a one-off car

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/359421

Ron.in.SoCal
05-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Hey Tom - I am no expert on this topic, but there are quite a few threads about sponsorship here; just do a quick search.

From what I've read, unless you're in the biz and take your car to all the events - as well as get a full boat sponsorship ride, which I think is both nervana and impossible - it's more work than upside. This is just my opinion and what I think of sponsorship may have no bearing on what you decide. I will certainly be watching this thread and your build. Good luck!

HotRod47
05-29-2010, 03:47 PM
I asked the same question here:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66116

I wasn't looking for sponsorship, just curious as to how guys got it. From the responses I got it made me think it definatley was not worth the trouble.