PDA

View Full Version : Almost Done

jerebus67
05-04-2005, 10:02 AM
The only problem is that my front tires rub the fender. We have put some rubbers in the front springs and it helped but not as well as I needed. Any suggestions on spacers to put in there. We put the DSE 2 drop kit and 245/45 17's on the front.

jerebus67
05-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Better pic of the front

68protouring454
05-04-2005, 10:12 AM
hows it drive?? tire looks real close to the leaf spring, how close is it to the 1/4 lip?? i bet your havin some fun with it
jake

Steve Chryssos
05-05-2005, 02:50 AM
Beautiful car. Nothing wrong with a little rubbing. Is it only rubbing thru turns? Moderate bump?, maximum bump? More info please. Look for wear marks to see exactly where it's rubbing. It's a hot rod. The best fix is custom backspacing on the wheels.

ProdigyCustoms
05-05-2005, 03:01 AM
Looks awesome. I will be interested to know if you have any flex problems, quarter panel buckling, after notching the rails. When we did Petes car, without the back brace we could flex the quarters wgen the car was on the jig. I will be interested to know if that equates to buckles on a hard bump.

Rick Dorion
05-05-2005, 04:02 AM
I had minor rubbing until I had an alignment with 1* negative camber and button head bolts on the top inner fender holes.

CAMAROBOY69
05-05-2005, 06:14 AM
Sure is hard to believe it rubs?? I would think that car could come down another inch or 2 and still not rub. Could it possibly be backspacing like Steve said? How about carefully rolling the fender lip? Just suggestions. Car looks nice. I really like the rear shot of the meat!

Jagarang
05-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Looks awesome. I will be interested to know if you have any flex problems, quarter panel buckling, after notching the rails. When we did Petes car, without the back brace we could flex the quarters wgen the car was on the jig. I will be interested to know if that equates to buckles on a hard bump.

Your creeping me out Frank..lol. The back brace you refer to is the DSE piece we installed in the bird? I'd hate to pucker the paint off the rear quarters after all this work.

68BNUT
05-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Im running the same size tires and I had to install the button head bolts to get it to stop rubbing on the fenderwells.

ProdigyCustoms
05-06-2005, 05:42 AM
Kevin, only worry about flex in ragtops. The super structure that gets cut on convertibles, is pretty damn important.

jerebus67
05-06-2005, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the info guys. The wierd thing is that the passenger side is about .5 inch lower than the driver side. It is the side that rubs the most. I took out the fender bolts and it doesnt do it so bad but it still hits that chrome molding. Thinking I may have to take that off. We are going to try some spacers. I went with the 17 x8 with 4.875 on the front. My allignment guy thinks my disc brakes are pushing it out a little to cause the rubbing.