PDA

View Full Version : Target injector timing,rev limit settings. What's yours at?

Jim Nilsen
05-26-2010, 06:29 AM
I have looked at a lot of programs and have seen target injector timing all over the place and rev limiters set different ways.

I have been told that the best target injector timing is 360 to get a better atomization off the valve at idle and make sure it is in early enough to completely burn. What is yours set at and for what reasons?

I have seen programs that have the ignition cut off before the the fuel and others that the ignition cuts off after the fuel and I wonder what the factory sets it at. Turning the fuel off first would make sure there is no unburned fuel left in the cylinder when it relights and the other way would make sure that the cylinder doesn't go lean and possibly have fuel in it to relight better.

It seems that different tuners have different ideas about this and I would really like to hear what the rest of the story from everyone is? It's about making the engine live for a long time to me and not about every little horspower and running on the ragged edge.

So let the debating begin......

Hammered
05-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Target injector timing depends on your cam duration and some other factors. Accell recommends 90 plus your cam duration @ 0.050 for their Superram Intake which has the injectors pretty close to the intake valve. If you injectors are closer to the TB, you can go less.

The spark cutout is a two-stage that doesn't drop all the spark until you get way over the limit rpm to avoid backfire . Most folks I talked to set the fuel cutoff higher. The Gen 7 also allows you to set the rpm that the fuel comes back on at. This should be below the spark limit.

Jim Nilsen
05-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Target injector timing depends on your cam duration and some other factors. Accell recommends 90 plus your cam duration @ 0.050 for their Superram Intake which has the injectors pretty close to the intake valve. If you injectors are closer to the TB, you can go less.

The spark cutout is a two-stage that doesn't drop all the spark until you get way over the limit rpm to avoid backfire . Most folks I talked to set the fuel cutoff higher. The Gen 7 also allows you to set the rpm that the fuel comes back on at. This should be below the spark limit.

Thanks for your input. I hope others don't hold back and we can learn from why others are doing the parameters the way they do. It seems to be that there is more than one school of thought about this.

thedugan
05-28-2010, 06:59 AM
I have a superram and mine is set at 360 . I better look into this

Jim Nilsen
05-30-2010, 06:40 AM
I have a superram and mine is set at 360 . I better look into this

I have seen many programs at 360 and have heard that it is a good place for the fuel to get the extra atomization at idle where it is really needed and the timing becomes less important at real high rpm because of the speed of the events.