PDA

View Full Version : Pillar Gauge Pod in 1st Gen Camaro?

Tim_in_NC
05-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Hi all,

Just wanted to see if anyone has successfully installed a Pillar Gauge Pod in their '67, '68, or '69 Camaro...

I'd like to try one in my '68 for a boost gauge...

Pics, stories, etc...

Thanks,
TIM

DeepBlue68
05-03-2005, 12:49 PM
I've also wondered about this. I like the convenience of the pillar mounted gauges, but I kinda don't like the fact that they're usually popular with imports. I've thought about fiberglassing one in there, but never really given it any serious planning or anything. I can't imagine it would be that hard though.

Midnight68
05-08-2005, 10:16 PM
I also wanted to do this to my 68. I e-mailed autometer awhile back asking them if they had anything similar that I could get to fit or if they had any plans of making them or would make a custom one. They told me they had nothing and there isnt a big enough demand for them.

Andrew McBride
05-09-2005, 05:02 PM
I had plans to design one, but I have decided to just go with console guages. I think Tyler is designing some pillar guage pods, I may be wrong though.

kman67rsss
05-09-2005, 06:43 PM
i was am looking for one for my 67. i see autometer makes an ultralight clock that matches my guages and need a place to mount one as i still have the stock radio in the dash. thought this would be a nice addition to the interior. worst comes to worst i may mount it in the back of the cowl hood

Rick Dorion
05-10-2005, 09:13 AM
This is in my car using a Ford pillar pod from Summit. Don't remember the item #, though.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif