PDA

View Full Version : 72 chevelle new to the pro-touring world

72heavychevy
05-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi my name is john I am from MN just a few weeks ago I picked up a solid 72 chevelle, heavy chevy for my next project. after thinking about it for a bit I decided I wanted to do it up pro-touring style. I have never done a pro-touring befor i have done a few street rods, resto mods, classic restorations, drage cars, street trucks, and one new lifted show truck. when searching for pro-touring info I came across this site wich is full of people with good info to help me along the way. I look foward to talking with you all.

1badchevelle
05-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Welcome to the site. Do you have anything in mind on what you want? Use the search tool and you will learn a lot. Most ? you will have have been answered several times over. And we love pic so when you have time add them to the thread.

72heavychevy
05-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Welcome to the site. Do you have anything in mind on what you want? Use the search tool and you will learn a lot. Most ? you will have have been answered several times over. And we love pic so when you have time add them to the thread.

i would like to get a disc brake conversion for the back, upgrade to drilled and sloted rotors. lower the car a few inches and put hotchkis on all 4 corners. i have yet to decide on the engine I had originally planned on doing a 500hp 454 but now i am thinking in order to keep so much weight off the frontend i will do either a high reving 327 or 406 sbc and for trany I realy dont know yet.
I will get pics up soon it is nothing to look at yet stock rite down to the ralley wheels lol

1971CHEVELLE
05-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the site

72heavychevy
05-12-2010, 06:54 PM
thank you