PDA

View Full Version : update on project

68fusion
05-02-2005, 06:17 PM
here ya go...fresh from a prime and trial mock..getting closer

Andrew McBride
05-02-2005, 06:24 PM
I like what you have done with the car. when you removed the back seat did you cut and rebrace the section between the rear seat and trunk for a larger trunk space? Great job. That car will look great when complete.

68fusion
05-02-2005, 06:54 PM
I like what you have done with the car. when you removed the back seat did you cut and rebrace the section between the rear seat and trunk for a larger trunk space? Great job. That car will look great when complete.

No ...it is very similar to the way a new vette is , with a shelf behind the seats. Trunk is same size , but a small area between the two houses battery, and other electrical items. Thanks for the comments Andrew...we hope to have it ready for the goodguys show in columbus..

third base
05-02-2005, 07:11 PM
The suicide doors are awsome. I wanted to do that to my 1969 but thought that the fabrication was going to be too extensive. How did you do it? Any pics of the jam and hinge setup?

Ralph LoGrasso
05-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Wow, beautiful ride!! I love the mods you've done. What are your plans for color? Are you going to run the C5 wheels when finished or swap to something else? That thing is going to be killer!!

68fusion
05-02-2005, 07:23 PM
"The suicide doors are awsome. I wanted to do that to my 1969 but thought that the fabrication was going to be too extensive. How did you do it? Any pics of the jam and hinge setup?"

Long story...lotsa trial and error... hinges are stock but used the bearclaw latch..It even has stock weatherstriping! I'll get you some pics of the hinge area asap...easier to do on a car with no qrt window!

Wow, beautiful ride!! I love the mods you've done. What are your plans for color? Are you going to run the C5 wheels when finished or swap to something else? That thing is going to be killer!!

Thinking about a blue...sonic blue (mazda 6) or similar with a little more pearl perhaps.. C5 wheels are only to roll on ...planning on some HRE's soon, gotta take advantage of tubs ya know...

MuscleRodz
05-02-2005, 08:06 PM
That is going to very nice when done. Are you planning on any kind of top?

Mike

ProdigyCustoms
05-03-2005, 04:31 AM
I would asume the Corvette top. It certainly is a intersting combination.

mdprovee
05-03-2005, 06:48 AM
I like everything you have done to the car. It looks killer with the cover. The door just add to the WOW factor.

Mike

Cakeaholic
05-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Car looks great can't wait to see it finished. Oh and I think they forgot shave a side marker.

Jagarang
05-03-2005, 09:35 AM
holy cow....i didn't even notice that
the right front marker looks shaved but the left is still there?
I hope he's on good terms with the body guy

Steve1968LS2
05-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Cool!! The cover is very nice..

The 4th gen dash deal is almost becoming common in here.. lol..

Piet
05-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Love it....

68fusion
05-03-2005, 05:19 PM
holy cow....i didn't even notice that
the right front marker looks shaved but the left is still there?
I hope he's on good terms with the body guy

Actually we are going to flush mount some side marker lights...just havent got around to cut that last hole ...used GM fenders and one just happened to be a 67...go figure...

As for the top we are going to make a lift off top. Make a light frame and cover it similar to a convertible top. Once we did the doors that space for a folding top got used up...plus cutting top frames or buying custom glass was either expensive or time consuming.