PDA

View Full Version : Just got the new Car & Driver.....

Boyd
05-02-2005, 05:21 PM
2 interesting things of note,

http://www.precisionracing.org/ - this is very, very cool. $99.00 + your car = skid pad challenge, autocross challenge, acceleration challenge & maybe a spot on TV.

Also, there was a story about the Ford GT and all of the problems the production models have encountered. Didn't Lograsso's boss buy one of those and have a hell of a time picking it up? Did he ever get the car?

Just ramblin'......

apex69
05-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Under Bodywork/Chassis30 Aftermarket appearance kits with the following limitations:
a. Standard exterior parts (decks, fenders, hoods, etc.) may not be removed or replaced unless otherwise listed.
b. Bumper covers, valances, and mirrors may be replaced with pieces of similar weight and materials. All OEM crash structure (bumpers, etc.) must be retained.
c. Accessory trim may not extend more than 6 inches from the original bodywork and no more than 6 inches under the car from where the underbody begins.
d. Side skirts or ground effect kits must have at least one inch of ground clearance.
e. The width of front or rear spoilers may not exceed the width of original bodywork of the car.
f. Vents and/or scoops in nonstandard locations and sizes are not allowed.

Under Brakes
The original bodywork of the car may be altered for the installation of brake ducts.

Seems to be a contradiction? Or do the brakes portion override the bodywork/chassis??? Ducts, vents, scoops the same nomenclature yes?

68BNUT
05-02-2005, 05:51 PM
I have nine months to get my car ready!! im stoked

Boyd
05-02-2005, 06:09 PM
apex69, you are correct - for safety's sake the allowance of brake ducting probably overides the rule about vents in other than original places...

Ralph LoGrasso
05-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Didn't Lograsso's boss buy one of those and have a hell of a time picking it up? Did he ever get the car?

Just ramblin'......

Boyd, I think it was Steve1969LS1s boss who was getting the car. I'm curious to find out if he ever got it as I haven't heard either. That's too bad that for all that money the cars are having problems :/.