PDA

View Full Version : 70 Chevelle Rear wheel questions

Bigmanz
05-09-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm building a 70 Chevelle and I really like the deep dish look for the rear wheel. It's just looks so sick in all the magazines. I was hoping to be able to do a 20x8.5 front wheel and something like a 22x10 or deeper rear wheel. If it requires mini-tubbing that's fine too. I just need to know for planning purposes. 20x10 inch rear is the biggest on the site.

The car is just getting the body work started so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Don't hold back...mini-tubbing, shortened rear ends, backspacing suggestions, wheel size, anything...

Thanks!

astroracer
05-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Your entire design rotates around the wheel and tire package. You have to figure this out before you do any cutting. Rim width, back spacing and tire size need to be known constants so you can determine what the rest of the build will be. As you are basically starting with a clean slate anything is possible in the wheel dept as long as your wallet is up to the task...:)
Mark

L & H Kustoms
05-10-2010, 08:40 PM
11" wide wheel with a 315/35 tire will fit in the rear without mini tubbing but you will need to roll the wheelwell lip. depending on the deep dish you want you may need to narrow the rearend.

DriverzInc
05-12-2010, 12:19 PM
We've done a lot of 68 to 72's with 10s and 305s in the stock tub.

If you are building the car, build the wheels with the offset, and look that you want, and then narrow your rear end to fit the wheel offset. For example, build the wheels to a 22x10, with (x) backspace, and run the tire of choice. (Up to a 315 works well on a 10" wheel in that diameter) and then take a measurement for your rear end. Perfect.

Bigmanz
05-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the advice Jon...