PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen Camaro Dual Electric Fan w/ Universal Radiator Question...

Tim_in_NC
05-02-2005, 11:42 AM
I've got one of Jeg's Universal Aluminum Radiators and am thinking of adding a 4th Gen LS1 Dual Electric Fan setup ... Can I purchase a Relay that will allow the fans to always turn on when power is given to the car... or do I need to install some sort of diode/thermostat in the aluminum radiator to send a temp. reading to the relay in order to call on the fans??? Also... what relay would work best for this Dual Fan setup???... (I'd like to turn on both fans at the same time)

Here's a link to the radiator that I currently have...

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=174714&prmenbr=361

Thanks,
TIM

Tim_in_NC
05-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I just noticed the post further down...
I'll check it out...

TIM

Tim_in_NC
05-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Looks like I'll probably need the 31" x 19" Aluminum Radiator for the LS1 Dual Electric Fan Setup...

Anyone used this combo and had any issues installing???

PairOf69's
06-02-2005, 07:23 PM
I just picked up that same radiator, i got th 27.5 X 19 I have yet to install it though. Don't know what I'm gonna do about the fans yet, never thought about the Ls1 fans..?

79TransAm
06-03-2005, 01:56 PM
ok... i did this in my 87 T/A. But i had elctric fans to begin with. What i did was run the wires that go to the temp sensor straight to a toggle switch on my center console and grounmd the switch. so there for when i ground my switch it turns on the fans.

If you dont already have an elctric fan you would have to get a standard realy(you can get em at pep boys,should be in their fog light section, i work there so i know they should have them @ every store) and run the power to the realy and it will basically work like turning on a set of after market fog lights...

If you want them to run all the time when the ignition is "on" then all ya gotta do is run the hot wire to a wire that is powered whenever the ignition is "on" ie the power wire to the wipers. and then just ground the other wire. so when you turn the ignition to "on" they will run and when its off they will stop. This way after long laps or a run at the drag strip if need be you can shut the engine off but keep the fans running by turning the key to "on."

--- Hope this helps, im not good with wiring so i might not have explained it that well...
To save on cost im get the electric fans from like a 3rd gen bird off ebay or a junk yard.