PDA

View Full Version : procharger ?

64malibu
05-07-2010, 08:42 PM
how hard can I boost my 355 sbc wit a non intercooled procharger?

big_G
05-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Too many factors: Fuel octane, cam, compression ratio, timing, carburetion or fuel injection, etc. On their site, ProCharger has a chart showing approximate boost allowed with/without an intercooler.

Procharmo
05-16-2010, 02:23 PM
how hard can I boost my 355 sbc wit a non intercooled procharger?
Depending on all those variables mentioned above 6 - 12lbs give or take. Maybe more if you have a carb or meth/water injection. The real limit is often your pistons, crank, gearbox or diff........ If you can live with 6 - 700hp and not get on it fore more than a few seconds at a time the stock 355 block could last years. Mine did although it had TRW forged pistons!!!!

wicked68
06-06-2010, 01:58 PM
http://www.procharger.com/intercooled.shtml

Depends on your compression in your engine.

I just removed my air to air intercooler for road racing - but I turned my boost down to 5 psi - so I am way under the curve which with my 8.5 to 1 compression I can run 10 safely without intercooling. I can probably push more since I have all billet internals so damaging them is a bit tougher but why live on the edge.

DJW32
06-06-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.procharger.com/intercooled.shtml

Depends on your compression in your engine.

I just removed my air to air intercooler for road racing - but I turned my boost down to 5 psi - so I am way under the curve which with my 8.5 to 1 compression I can run 10 safely without intercooling. I can probably push more since I have all billet internals so damaging them is a bit tougher but why live on the edge.

Why did you remove your air-air for road racing?

wicked68
06-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Why did you remove your air-air for road racing?

yes - it was too much area in front of my radiator for proper cooling of the engine.

Procharmo
06-08-2010, 01:46 PM
yes - it was too much area in front of my radiator for proper cooling of the engine.
Try leaving a gap between the back of the A/A and the front of the radiator. Is your A/A in front of the radiator support. If not get it modifiyed to clear the hood latch a bit like Larry's TT 1st Gen. There are plenty of A/A Procharged Camaro's hitting the streets and long hot traffic jams.

Having said that I'm now going to water/meth injection. Due to filling the radiator space with Prochargers!

wicked68
06-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Try leaving a gap between the back of the A/A and the front of the radiator. Is your A/A in front of the radiator support. If not get it modifiyed to clear the hood latch a bit like Larry's TT 1st Gen. There are plenty of A/A Procharged Camaro's hitting the streets and long hot traffic jams.

Having said that I'm now going to water/meth injection. Due to filling the radiator space with Prochargers!

its fine in normal driving. I lost a fan at the last race and it overheated.

with 2 fans it might be ok but there is a big difference in running 5000 rpm for 20 miunutes straight

what is a/a ?

WS6
06-09-2010, 02:36 PM
air to air intercooler or a/w which is air to water.

I can imagine you had air flow issues. The front opening on a Mustang is so small. Is there enough room to maybe make a custom core support with a much larger opening? Or maybe heat extractors since you have those huge fenders with a bunch of space under them.

wicked68
06-09-2010, 04:13 PM
air to air intercooler or a/w which is air to water.

I can imagine you had air flow issues. The front opening on a Mustang is so small. Is there enough room to maybe make a custom core support with a much larger opening? Or maybe heat extractors since you have those huge fenders with a bunch of space under them.

I have a huge front opening - I redid it custom for massive intake.