PDA

View Full Version : Not really Pro Touring but what the heck

DJ Mabe
05-01-2005, 07:27 PM
I was riding by the local drag strip today and decided to stop in. I pulled in and some guys talked me into running my car so I checked in and hit the staging lanes. I was fairly pleased with the results. The car was warn (no cool down at all) and it was the first time down the track in this car. I ran a 12.24 at 113 bone stock. Not bad for a 4 door, 4100lbs bone stock family hauler. Now if I can only get the Mustang done so I can beat on it!

Derrick

CAMAROBOY69
05-02-2005, 05:28 AM
What were you driving!! Dang that stock "family" car is faster than my Camaro in the quarter. :scared:

DJ Mabe
05-02-2005, 05:31 AM
Sorry, I posted this on another forum and thought I put that in the header. It's a MB E55. The car is truly amazing. I think with time to cool it down and better conditions the car will run 12.0's stock.

Derrick

CAMAROBOY69
05-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Congratulations! If I was to ever get a family car it would a Mercedes like that. I knew they were fast but I didnt realize THAT fast. Doesnt your car have over 460hp or something close to that? I play with those cars all the time in Gran turismo 3 and Gran turismo 4 they are just amazing machines and they corner well.
You should post some pics.

DJ Mabe
05-02-2005, 05:55 AM
Thanks a lot. I do love the car. It's a blast to drive. I've raced and beat a new twin turbo Cab and new C6 Vette (not Z06) and a couple of Cobra Mustangs. The car surprises everyone with it's speed. You just don't expect a Mercedes to be that quick. I will post some pics of the Mustang and E55 together as soon as I get the trim on the Mustang. BTW You are right on the money with the HP, it's 469 and torque is 516.

Q ship
05-02-2005, 06:54 AM
Pretty cool, MB is at the top of their game right now. One of my favorite new cars to lust after!