PDA

View Full Version : lateral dynamics

malibu43
04-30-2010, 01:51 PM
HI ,i want to know what its the term you guys use lateral dynamics,can somebody explain me very clear,and if its aply to my road course malibu,sorry for my english.
thanks

Cdog
04-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Lateral Dynamics was a company that made a 3 link with a watts bar that apparently works really well in a first gen Camaro. Somewhat of an urban myth these days since they are out of biz and info can no longer be found out side of word of mouth.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/04/IMG_5416-1.jpg

MrQuick
04-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Also a scientific term relating the full dynamics that are described by reference firstly to the well-known yaw-sideslip linear model and then further by generalization of the results to include nonlinear behavior of the simple car and of more complex, higher-order systems representing vehicles with much design detail. Linearization about a trim equilibrium cornering condition, and the intimate relationship between steady turning behavior and static stability properties, or something like that....thats what the voices in my head keep yelling.

vince

Cdog
04-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Also a scientific term relating the full dynamics that are described by reference firstly to the well-known yaw-sideslip linear model and then further by generalization of the results to include nonlinear behavior of the simple car and of more complex, higher-order systems representing vehicles with much design detail. Linearization about a trim equilibrium cornering condition, and the intimate relationship between steady turning behavior and static stability properties, or something like that.

vince

WOW! That's a mouth full. :bananna2:

SicMonte
05-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Also a scientific term relating the full dynamics that are described by reference firstly to the well-known yaw-sideslip linear model and then further by generalization of the results to include nonlinear behavior of the simple car and of more complex, higher-order systems representing vehicles with much design detail. Linearization about a trim equilibrium cornering condition, and the intimate relationship between steady turning behavior and static stability properties, or something like that.

vince

Teach me the ways master.......

zbugger
05-01-2010, 01:48 PM

vince

Where on earth did you cut and paste that from?

Steve1968LS2
05-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Lateral Dynamics was a company that made a 3 link with a watts bar that apparently works really well in a first gen Camaro. Somewhat of an urban myth these days since they are out of biz and info can no longer be found out side of word of mouth.

True story.. one of (If not the best) rear systems out there.. a bit more complicated to install.

A few of us belong to a very small club of people lucky enough to have one these..

Hey, they are even rarer than a big foot sighting!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/mcx6dj-1.jpg

XTRMEASURES
05-02-2010, 06:45 PM
what ever happen to them?

MrQuick
05-02-2010, 09:59 PM
too much over head

wendell
05-03-2010, 11:54 AM
The owner closed up shop to explore other intrests. Last I heard he was soliciting investors to put on a Broadway musical. Different strokes..

MrQuick
05-03-2010, 12:13 PM
ROFL
I'd watch that.

maybe we'll see a comeback.
Vince

Madspeed
07-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Dam that sux I been gone to long. They were really really cool guys and very helpfull. I have an even rarer Lateral Dynamics setup =) I have a dana 60 setup. Rupp knows where the housing came from =)

Mean 69
02-20-2018, 01:07 PM
"maybe we'll see a comeback.
Vince"

Indeed, maybe we will see a comeback. And soon. And different.
Mark

elwaupo
03-05-2018, 12:48 PM
That’s one nice looking set up, too bad they didn’t survive

cornfedbill
03-05-2018, 02:11 PM
Keep asking. Maybe. It is a really well designed system. Too many systems are designed to bolt on with no difficulty, and as such, have a lot of compromises.

Mean 69
03-05-2018, 05:20 PM
Hi guys, thanks for the cool interest and such. LD will be back in very short order, I know this because I "am" LD. It is possible, but unlikely that we will re-introduce the legacy 3-Link setup as it was/is a difficult product to build an entire sustainable small business from - difficult to construct, ship and install. Besides, we already have ideas that will obsolete it in terms of overall performance potential. In the spirit of putting performance potential at the top of everything - as we did for the previous system - we have some cool solutions that will help folks that have already built their cars, as well as systems to obsolete everything else. I am extremely proud and humble at the same time, that after ALL of these years, no one has put together a system that equals the original setup we introduced so long ago. But just as before, we will not produce stuff like all of the others - everything must have a true functional solution/advantage. I am hopeful that you will like what you see from us, and confident that it's better than the rest.

Cheers,
Mark

Rod
03-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Hi guys, thanks for the cool interest and such. LD will be back in very short order, I know this because I "am" LD. It is possible, but unlikely that we will re-introduce the legacy 3-Link setup as it was/is a difficult product to build an entire sustainable small business from - difficult to construct, ship and install. Besides, we already have ideas that will obsolete it in terms of overall performance potential. In the spirit of putting performance potential at the top of everything - as we did for the previous system - we have some cool solutions that will help folks that have already built their cars, as well as systems to obsolete everything else. I am extremely proud and humble at the same time, that after ALL of these years, no one has put together a system that equals the original setup we introduced so long ago. But just as before, we will not produce stuff like all of the others - everything must have a true functional solution/advantage. I am hopeful that you will like what you see from us, and confident that it's better than the rest.

Cheers,
Mark

get on it!! I need a 3 link.... Dang man we talked months ago, I was hoping you were sending it already! :ripped: LOL

cornfedbill
03-06-2018, 02:02 AM
:cool:

wendell
03-06-2018, 08:16 AM
You owe me a phone call.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers,
Mark

you owe me a phone call.

chevelletiger
03-07-2018, 06:27 PM

Cheers,
Mark

��hope you make stuff for us Chevy a body guys!