PDA

View Full Version : Another new guy in NY

gsxrken
04-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Hi folks- I'm in northern Westchester County, NY which is just north of NYC. I'm currently building a Mach 1 I've had for years but just dragged from garage to garage until about 2 years ago when I got serious with it.

I love all kinds of cars and never went in for the "Ford rules, Chevy drools" nonsense, but 1969-70 Mach 1's/Bosses are my favorite musclecars. My number 2 car is probably a slammed 69 Camaro, very much along the lines of my friend VanZuuk1 who turned me on to this board. I think all the cars of this era have some redeeming quality of one kind or another, but they all need some serious updating. I don't go in for numbers-matching purposeful orange-peel stuff at all for this reason. Time marches on and it shouldn't be ignored.

Anyway, I'll try to post a picture of my shell in it's current state. I've had it long enough that most of the "before" shots are not digital... in fact, they were "before" the internet. :)

ProTouringNyc
04-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Welcome aboard fellow NewYorker glad to see the trend is growing

Ralph LoGrasso
04-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Welcome to the site. Good to see more NY PT guys, and ford guys. Keep us updated on the Mach!

vanzuuk1
05-04-2005, 02:39 AM
Sorry no fords allowed! Seriously, I had no clue that was you until i read your post.Your car looks good even without wheels, would like to see more fords and mopars here. We also need to get our friend with the orange camaro to step up .
Also, how was your porsche run, no flashing lights I hope?

sunkistcamaro
05-04-2005, 04:26 AM
Welcome,
Sweet looking car!
Be sure to take lots of pics of your progress.

Red73
05-04-2005, 04:34 AM
Welcome, I'll be following your progress. My buddy has a 68 Mustang coupe that I've been trying to convince him to get rid of the 6 cylinder and go the pro-touring route. I need pics and build info to convince him to make the change. Rod

67kato
05-04-2005, 11:12 AM
What's up GSXRKEN? I am not too far north of you in Putnam Co. Nice year for the Mach. (I am a 67 camaro man though). Good luck with the ride. Pay attention to these people and you will have one sick ride. RU going to Rhinebeck this weekend? Big show. Bring cash!!!!! I will.

67kato

68 SuperRam
05-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Welcome to a fellow Westchester resident - hope to see your ride at some local events.

ALLFAITH
05-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the site. Good to see another Westchester resident. I am in White Plains and Anthony's Blue camaro is beautiful. I have a pro-trans am 65 Mustang fastback, 1970 Boss 302 and 68 Shelby Convertible for my Fords. Go to many events locally, you should try Bear Mountain on Wednesday nites 700-1000 cars on perfect nights.
Trying to sort out my PT 65 GTO suspension.

Brad

vette rod
05-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Welcome new yorker

www.pugesekmotorsports.com (http://www.pugesekmotorsports.com)