PDA

View Full Version : Moving Back To S.D.!

go-fish
04-24-2010, 08:34 PM
So, I decided to get out of the Navy or at least take my next assignment back to SD in preparation for getting out.
I plan on using my GI Bill to go to school at SD State and need to find some kind of employment. My wife is already living back home in Coronado, where she's from, and I will be joining her when my current gig is up in the fall.
It's a scary prospect when the last decade has been consumed by the military and most of it being OIF. This last six months really made me want to get out. My daughter is 4 and missing out on things is not going to work for me anymore. My Dad really wasn't a big influence in my life and it just isn't going to be that way with us. My marriage has been suffering and the advancment opportunities for my field have shrank to .4% promotion to the next higher paygrade in the last two quarters.
If there are any So. SD County folks on here that could give me an inside scoop on any employment opportunities I would be grateful. My qualifications are Transportation of Hazardous Materials Shipper/Declarations, Air Deployment Planner or "Load Planner",and all kinds of tactical warfighting crap that doesn't do squat for me because I don't want to be in Law Enforcement but it did build alot of character and gave me tools that I can apply to all kinds of high stress environments.
My military driver's license is long. I am qualified to drive everything from a fork truck to a tractor trailer to a Caterpillar D9 Dozer.
Due to a test and performanced based advancement system in the Navy I have learned what it takes to compete and strive to excell. I will be getting out November.
Okay, enough with the sales pitch. I will be living in Coronado and have no place for the 'cuda. If anyone knows of a good car storage facility that would be great. If someone has a piece of backyard or something I could rent that would be a treat (as long as they were trustworthy).
I really look forward to getting back out in the California sun. I had my Duster last time I was out there and it was a blast because of all the car related stuff. It sucks I'm going to miss Coronado Speed Festival by just a few weeks this year.
If you're in South County, pipe up. How many are on here?

anarchy99
04-26-2010, 11:37 AM
I live in Coronado also. For the time being, if your still in the military when you get to San Diego, I recommend the North Island auto hobby shop. I've got my Bel Air project their and it's fairly cheap, I think around $70 a month. Don't have to worry about anything and if you run a few weeks late on paying, they give 2 ****s.