PDA

View Full Version : preliminary mustang coilover design

stanglou
04-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone.
I have just finished the preliminary design for my mustang coilover suspension systems. They will be utilizing a subframe to relocate certain pickup points, and also a custom spindle in some cases. Take a look at the site and give me any suggestions for changes. Also, keep in mind that there are certain limitations in the sheetmetal, so as always sacrafices had to be made. The displayed numbers will be without any static negative camber, so with -one degree the camber will be a little better.
http://www.g-machine-performance.com/front.html
thanks
Louie Dietz
[email protected]

4MuscleMachines
04-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Any pics yet Lou?

Ralph LoGrasso
04-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Louie,

Please do not post the same thread in multiple forums. The other two versions of this thread have been merged/removed.

MrQuick
04-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Ralph said, thank you. looks good Lou, can't seem to add anything right now. keep up the good work.

stanglou
04-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Thanks for being understanding, I suppose I shold read the rules more carefully. As far as pictures go, do you want pictures of the parts, or of the layout in susprog3d, or something else?

4MuscleMachines
04-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Pics of the both the parts AND the layout would be nice.

DJ Mabe
04-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Louie,

Please do not post the same thread in multiple forums. The other two versions of this thread have been merged/removed.

Stop picking on the Mustang guy! The threads don't always have to be about Camaro's.:) Just Kidding.
:postpics:

stanglou
04-30-2005, 05:14 PM
DJ,

This thread is actually very useful without pics. If you go to the site and view the numbers, then you will be able to give me input about the DESIGN, not the look of the actual parts. the pics of the parts will be coming soon.

DJ Mabe
05-01-2005, 07:24 AM
You're right Lou, I was just trying to say I would like to see photos of the conversion. I will check back later.

stanglou
05-03-2005, 10:03 PM
New update: arm pictures and mounting bracket pictures should be coming soon. As a side note, I have been monitoring how many people took a look at the stuff, and thanks for doing that. Even if you didn't have any input, im glad to have the visitors. To those that did have input, and contaced me through the contacts page, there was an error and your comments could not be viewed in my mailbox. More or less, im saying sorry if I did not get back to you, because I could not tell who it was from or what the comments said. All is fixed now, and if you still have something to say, feel free to send your comments my way. thanks

Louie Dietz
[email protected]
www.g-machine-performance.com (http://www.g-machine-performance.com)

Bryce
12-31-2009, 05:08 PM
what ever happened to this? did it work good? did it ever make it on to a car any track time?

The GMR
01-03-2010, 09:04 AM
what ever happened to this? did it work good? did it ever make it on to a car any track time?

Been years in the making, but we are very close to the production product.

The blue stang we are building will be getting a version of the production kit. The only difference will be the arm style. We will have a slightly different one for the production kits.

Louie is still working on this as part of GMR, the blue car is going to be one of his toys.

thanks,
Jason