PDA

View Full Version : Pin On Hood

deak350
04-29-2005, 12:21 PM
I just bought a Pin on hood from Glasstek and was wondering how I should hold it down. I wanted to use quarter turn dzus fasner with a t-andle instead of a screw driver. What should I do.

inSANe DIEGO
05-05-2005, 08:46 PM
deak350
I used to want to do that for the hood on my 67 camaro and just use it as a lift off. Then I got to thinking....Where do you put the hood so as not to damage it if you need to get under it while on the road? Another thought. If you need to get to the engine compartment quickly in an emergency, you can't with a bunch of dzus fasteners holding it down. At the least I would reinforce the hood, use the hinges with a prop rod and no springs and maybe just a couple of dzus on the front corners or along the front edge only. The camaro hoods I would imagine don't have the lifting forces that the mustangs do and would be okay with this setup. If you have a mustang, I'm not sure what to tell you.

BTW... What do you have?

DOH!!!! Just saw your avatar..... Never mind about the mustang comment.

USAZR1
05-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Charlie Lilliard posted a link about some cool hood latches awhile ago. Maybe he or someone else will see this thread and post a few photos.

deak350
05-12-2005, 12:51 PM
I'm still looking for some cool looking latches.

Travis B
05-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Hood pins are ugly! I'm with inSane hinges no springs and some duz fateners across the front

deak350
05-12-2005, 03:13 PM
I was looking for an alternative to quarter turn dzus fastners. I would like to use butterfly or dhandle dzus fastners but I don't think they fold down. As for hinges I was thinking about reinforcing the hood and addind nascar style hinges

Travis B
05-13-2005, 12:45 PM
I do like that idea(nascar hinges)! There was 55 chevy built this year that had a solenoid that had 1" ends that popped out of the fenders in to a whole in the hood on either side with the proper bracing across the front of the hood this could be done! Just an alternative to latches and pin and fasteners! An idea The guys name was Roger Berman the car was orange and black I think it was hot rod of the year! If you need more info let me know!

deak350
05-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Yes give me as much info as possible. I think that is a great idea.

By the way does anyone know where to get those billet aluminum nascar style hood hinges?