PDA

View Full Version : Help an old schooler come to the dark side.

Bill Howell
04-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Ok, ya'll have talked me into doing the LS thing. I have bought a 65 Lemans and a LSx motor. It is a cast( not aluminum) block. I do not have the tranny yet but plan on a automatic.
I plan to pro-charge the engine.
My question is this, Who makes a good wiring harness that I can use with such a set up. I also need guidence on injectors,possible new intake,and whatever else I will need. I will probably need a computer too. Does anyone make a package kit that would include everything I will need? Remember if you get real technical, you might as well be talking about jet airplanes, so please,kiss(keep it simple stupid). I have read where ya'll talk about F.A.S.T. Do they offer a computer,harness,etc. that would work?
Thanks in advance for any help.

dennis68
04-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Do it the easy way Bill, buy the GMPP LS1 with the harness and computer already set-up for stand alone mode. You can get into tuning later as you gain confidence in the system.

Bill Howell
04-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Do it the easy way Bill, buy the GMPP LS1 with the harness and computer already set-up for stand alone mode. You can get into tuning later as you gain confidence in the system.

Got a link? I told you kiss and you have already lost me. :lmao: Sounds like what I need though, thanks

Rybar
04-29-2005, 09:39 AM
If you already have the motor, did you get the factory harness and PCM with it? If so you can send it to John at www.speartech.com to modify them to run as stand alone.

He can even retune it for some mods.

I'd ask him, he knows alot.

Ralph LoGrasso
04-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Hey Bill,

If you didn't get a harness (if you did, go with Speartech as stated above) check out painless wiring. They offer a setup. You don't need a new computer. A stock one will work fine with dyno tuning (LS1Edit)(you can heavily tune these computers, so the factory one will suffice unless you're going all out on the build-- 700-800+rwhp) and larger injectors. What you should look into is some Stage 2 6L truck heads (the aluminum ones) to lower compression some for that PC, and a bigger Cam. You may want to get some forged internals as well if you're planning over 8-9psi. As for the intake, a stock LS6 intake will work fine, but if you want to get something aftermarket, go with the F.A.S.T. LSX intake with 90mm throttle body.

What happened to the 455LS1 idea? :lmao:

dennis68
04-29-2005, 11:21 AM
You mean like this? (http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/ChevySmallBlockV8s/LS1.html)