PDA

View Full Version : What the F###!!!!

JMitch19
08-26-2004, 06:17 PM
The guy that I was buying the 69 camaro from just call me tonight and told me he can't sell the car. I was suppost to drive 800 miles to pick it up on tuesday. I took two days off work a friend took two days off I already rented a trailer, I sent him a $500 deposit and I have I bank loan for the difference already. I'm not a happy person right now just that to vent. :banghead:

Anyone got a project car for sale?!! :crying:

If you see the car in my avatar for sale don't buy. The guy will just give you the run around. First he told me that someone else was coming to look at it after I already had a deal made with him. Then after they were no shows he told me I could have to car again. Now this. It was for sale on team camaro by the way.

JMitch19
08-26-2004, 08:08 PM
OK now I'm starting to think that this is really wierd. I did a google search with the sellers name and the word camaro. It came up with posts on classic-camaros.com. As of just two weeks ago this guy was looking for a first gen. Now he has one that his dad won't let him sell because he is getting to many calls on :hmm: , but after we already had a deal made he reposted the car for sale on camaros.net again. His user name is Luminox64 his email is [email protected] and his name is Craig Huskey. I really don't know what to think here. All I know is if he cashed my deposit check and since I already have the time off work I'm going for a ride to Kansas anyway. What am I suppost to be thinking here???? :confused:

PRO TC
08-26-2004, 08:16 PM
ill email him for you and ask if he has a car for sale?in the mean time stop payment on your check! its got to be a scam
barry

JMitch19
08-26-2004, 08:41 PM
sounds good thanks alot. let me know what he says. already did a stop payment on the check. I just hope it wasn't to late. I'm not sure what to think about it being a scam. I asked for detailed pics of many areas on the car and 15 minutes later he would email them to me, so I know he has the car but selling it may be the scam.

JMitch19
08-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Now the guy want to sell me the car again. :confused: I really don't know what to do now???

derekf
08-27-2004, 11:33 AM
It's really up to what you want to do at this point.

I'd probably be a bit of a jerk and drop my offering price a bit.. but then again, by this point I wouldn't care if I bought his car or someone else's, you may have your heart set on this particular car.

Matt
08-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Go with a bunch of money in one hand and a shotgun in the other....he'll stop jerking you around ;)

gEtyOpAPiOn
08-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Well his AOL profile is blank....so cant really see what that guy is into....maybe just get your money back what if the car has no title or things like that ...at least over here its a hassle to register a car in cali (northen area) ...good luck anyways but if you have visual contact with the guy kick his butt =X

socalfandabodys
08-27-2004, 09:26 PM
I say just go down there and say that your here for the car. Also go with all the copies of the emails and tell him you already sent the deposit and you want the car now.Then kick his a** and take pictures

JMitch19
08-28-2004, 05:37 AM
Well I all ready put a stop payment on the check, so I guess I'm going to go down there and look at the car. I told him I'd just bring cash for the difference. If I don't like what I see at that point I'm just out gas money and mine time. Hopefully it all goes well. In 8 months of looking since I sold my 67 this has been the first car that I thought was even worth looking at.

gEtyOpAPiOn
08-28-2004, 09:10 AM
still kick his butt for the fun of it :evil:

Ralph LoGrasso
08-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Jason,

I feel your pain. I wasted alot of gas money and time on cars that were "Solid Arizona cars". Boy was that particular car a joke! You'll find something eventually, don't give up!

PRO TC
08-28-2004, 05:43 PM
the guy never emailed me back. so good luck i hope everything works out for you
barry

JMitch19
08-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the advise everyone. I'll let you guys know a wednesday how it went.