PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Danny Thomas
04-04-2010, 07:29 AM
On behalf of Bill, Yancy and myself, we would like to thank everyone for making the event a success. The weather was perfect, Nathan and his crew were professional and very helpful, vendors/ sponsors were setup and willing to be of service, volunteers were willing to do whatever and you the participants were on your best behavior and kept everything running smoothly. Without each and everyone of you this would not have happened. Also thanks to Doug for the dinner at his place after the event. I hope he's feeling ok today ( he will know what this means and the others that were there...lol). We also congradulate Mr. Wright on his win on the Forgeline Wheels..this is exactly the type of person we like to see win..I don't think he quit shaking, but you could sure see the appreciation. Also a big congradulations to Brian Finch on being the 1st King of The Coast. Us east coast folks are getting very accustom to the Ca. weather and hospitality..you folks are the best and again thanks to everyone. And we hope to do it again and again and again..hell I just might move here.

DFRESH
04-04-2010, 04:02 PM
My pleasure to have you guys over Danny---what a great time we had at the event----and at my place---haven't laughed that hard in awhile--just what I needed-----I also met Elvis after you guys left--LOL

So, when are we doing this again?

Doug

Chad-1stGen
04-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks to you guys.

Doug, thanks for halving us over. You have an amazing house and some bad ass toys!

zbugger
04-04-2010, 06:16 PM
I had an awesome time at the event. I hope to be making progress real soon on my '77. It would be great to have it at this event. Otherwise it's my daily '00 Z28. Thanks a bunch to Bill, Yancy, and anyone else who helped put this together. It's going to be great to do it again.

CarlC
04-04-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm with bugger, a bigh thanks to Bill, Yancy, Larry, and the whole gang that worked their tails off for us.

Doug, you and your wife were great hosts. Thanks for having us over. If I had stayed I might have tried to have an Elvis sighting myself.

MrQuick
04-04-2010, 08:58 PM
I'll echo all the sentiments.

What a great even and find it difficult to fathom the effort to put it all together in such a short period of time. My hats off to all of you.

We hope to bring a car next time. To race and not to sell. Well maybe race then sell after. LOL

Good to see everyone again. Sorry, I didn't get to meet everyone.

Vince

zbugger
04-04-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm not a stalker Vince....

Danny Thomas
04-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Allen thanks for your help yesterday...Danny

zbugger
04-04-2010, 09:56 PM
It's my pleasure. I love helping out where ever I can be used. It's kinda my thing....

Danny Thomas
04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
My pleasure to have you guys over Danny---what a great time we had at the event----and at my place---haven't laughed that hard in awhile--just what I needed-----I also met Elvis after you guys left--LOL

So, when are we doing this again?

Doug
We missed you on the cruise today.. we all had a bunch of laughs last nite. Bill , Yancy and I are trying to work on the next date. Talked to Mary also about the event and some adjustments we may do at the next event..and all this while experiencing my first earthquake. Glad your feeling ok Doug.....Has Elvis left the building..lol.....Danny

MrQuick
04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
earthquake or passing train....can you feel the difference? Glad you guys are ok. We were on the road when it hit and didn't feel a thing.

Danny, is next years event still goiung to be at El Toro?

vince

Danny Thomas
04-04-2010, 10:38 PM
earthquake or passing train....can you feel the difference? Glad you guys are ok. We were on the road when it hit and didn't feel a thing.

vince
That is in discussion but we sure have it high on the list..We just need to work thru some logistics with the City of Irvine. We want to insure whomever wants to come...can. We do not want anyone turned around at the gate, which may have happened yesterday. Wherever it is held..it will be just as good if not better next time.I am sure Bill, Yancy or myself will post news for the next event as soon as possible...I personally would like to do it again in Nov of this year but thats just my input at this time.

MrQuick
04-04-2010, 10:44 PM
cool, its a tough call but the City has their rules. cough" Buttonwillow" cough excuse me. LOL

Vince

Vince

Danny Thomas
04-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Duly Noted...cough cough...lol

CarlC
04-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Or Streets of Willow Springs...cough cough.

Cdog
04-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Awesome event guy's Thank you! We had a great time. Our personal goal was not to break the car the first time out and it survived. My cousin Jack built his 67 Camaro as a street car. Aside from the TCI suspension and wilwood brakes we were winging it and learning everything we could while there. We were taken back by how sorted out some of these cars are. It's definitely going to take some track days to get things sorted out.

How about PIR in Phoenix or Firebird raceway for RTT Desert in fall of 2010?

I'm in Scottsdale so I'd be willing to do some footwork on this if needed.

Thanks again!

Corey & Jack
Starlite Garage
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

406 Q-ship
04-05-2010, 07:20 AM
I'm not sure but I think that RTTC is a HIT! What a great event guys and all who ran it were awesome. Us left coasters were happy to have such a well attented and run event. Bill, Yancy, Danny, and all the others (I forget names...sorry) that made this happen........THANK YOU.

I second Willow Springs *cough* or Buttonwillow *cough*

How about a rotating venue, one year Willow, then Buttonwillow, then PIR, or even Laguna Seca........

TCI Engineering
04-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Awesome event guy's Thank you! We had a great time. Our personal goal was not to break the car the first time out and it survived. My cousin Jack built his 67 Camaro as a street car. Aside from the TCI suspension and wilwood brakes we were winging it and learning everything we could while there. We were taken back by how sorted out some of these cars are. It's definitely going to take some track days to get things sorted out.

How about PIR in Phoenix or Firebird raceway for RTT Desert in fall of 2010?

I'm in Scottsdale so I'd be willing to do some footwork on this if needed.

Thanks again!

Corey & Jack
Starlite Garage
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

It was nice to meet you Corey! Sorry about forgeting the wheels and tires at the shop. If Jack is going to Del Mar this weekend I'll have Sal bring them down.

Sal drove home in 3rd gear because O/D was fail after the road course. :wrc:

-J

Vegas69
04-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Had a fantastic time and what a great event. Have to thank everyone that made it happen. I would also like to thank Doug(Dfresh) for putting Kelli and I up for the weekend. The party was a hoot. I hadn't laughed that hard in a while. Great group we have.

Cdog
04-05-2010, 09:06 AM
It was nice to meet you Corey! Sorry about forgeting the wheels and tires at the shop. If Jack is going to Del Mar this weekend I'll have Sal bring them down.

Sal drove home in 3rd gear because O/D was fail after the road course. :wrc:

-J

Thanks for all your help with the suspension. The car was a lot of fun to drive. Contact Jack about the Del Mar show. I think he wanted to go but didn't have a spot. He may go with you guy's and run the car if you invite him.

I think the car will be very competitive on the autocross.

TCI Engineering
04-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks for all your help with the suspension. The car was a lot of fun to drive. Contact Jack about the Del Mar show. I think he wanted to go but didn't have a spot. He may go with you guy's and run the car if you invite him.

I think the car will be very competitive on the autocross.

I'll give him a call in a little bit to see what's up. :)

CurtiSS 69
04-05-2010, 12:24 PM

vince

Hopefully it will be at El Toro. What a great location. Sun, surf, and racing. It was great seeing all those cars getting worked on the tracks, and meeting everyone in person. Don't change anything IMO, but if you did have to change the location...Laguna Seca.

As far as the earthquake...I was on the beach in Santa Monica and slept right through it.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

James OLC
04-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks guys - it was a great event and I'm really happy that David and I were able to pull our chit together on Friday to make the race. Regardless of where it is next year I hope we can make it. You did a top notch job with the organization and I think that everyone who was there had a great time!

As far as the earthquake goes... the OC Airport does some really strange things when the ground moves.

GregWeld
04-05-2010, 02:21 PM
I would like to add my thanks to all that made this event so much fun!

I don't post much on here -- more over at the "other white meat" -- but sure met a lot of great people this weekend!

You guys have built some great cars -- and I'm sure that everyone had to have had a blast! I know I did.

Regards!
"Coney"

796spdbu
04-05-2010, 08:31 PM
"Coney" hahahaha...I dig it we need a smiley of that one!

Greg

justimagine
04-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Guys, you all did a great job! I can't tell you how much fun I had this entire weekend. As a bonafide participant, I actually had time to meet a lot of people and really just enjoy the whole experience. I know firsthand what it takes to make something like this happen and my hat is off to Yancy, Bill, Danny, Albert, the team from OCR, all the sponsors and most importantly, the dedicated volunteers that make it all happen.

Doug, thanks for the hospitality - the tacos and apple cider (thanks Bill!) were awesome! The group that evening was a complete blast, my sides hurt from laughing so hard!

And thanks to the folks at Spectre for the excellent cookout and earthquake experience on Sunday. Overall, a truly unforgettable experience - my sincere appreciation to everyone that was involved.

Danny Thomas
04-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Guys, you all did a great job! I can't tell you how much fun I had this entire weekend. As a bonafide participant, I actually had time to meet a lot of people and really just enjoy the whole experience. I know firsthand what it takes to make something like this happen and my hat is off to Yancy, Bill, Danny, Albert, the team from OCR, all the sponsors and most importantly, the dedicated volunteers that make it all happen.

Doug, thanks for the hospitality - the tacos and apple cider (thanks Bill!) were awesome! The group that evening was a complete blast, my sides hurt from laughing so hard!

And thanks to the folks at Spectre for the excellent cookout and earthquake experience on Sunday. Overall, a truly unforgettable experience - my sincere appreciation to everyone that was involved.
Thanks Jimmy and I ditto all the thanks for the hospitality by Doug and Spectre...great food and company. just sitting back and getting to know everyone and laugh like we haven't in a long time made this event so worthwhile. Plus I get a earthquake story to carry home.

96Z28SS
04-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks to everyone that put this event together, Thanks to Doug for hosting the after party. I had such a blast.
I had a bit of a sunburn but 2 days back to the Pacific Northwet its already gone.

It was great meeting everyone from the forums. I wish I had more time to go to all the events.

796spdbu
04-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I would like to also thank Doug,for the taco wagon,Bill for the cidar,Mike for the lunch and earthquake experience,Albert for the ride in the T/A on sunday,Mike with FM3 for the little piece of help!!,and Brain Finch for dinner sunday I have great memories,and cant wait to do it again! Thanks to all the people I have menchented here and on the other pages, You all have made my first trip to California the best I could ask for.

Greg

DFRESH
04-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Man oh man---it was just too much fun--the whole thing---It sucked going back to work, but since it allows me to attend an event like this, I drug myself back into the office----many thanks to you boys for pulling this event off--it was the best!

I'm glad you guys were able to come by afterwards--it was really great to hang out with you all and laugh like that---Bill and Jimi have got to be the best storytellers around---they certainly have some good ones to share---best time i've had in awhile. Really hope we can do another event again this year---i'll setup the Taco Cart again and host the party afterwards if you guys can bring the event to us once again. My aplogies for missing the cruise the next day--my power steering pump lost all fluid--evidently it didn't like the auto cross portion. New one coming this week.

(p.s.--Bill please bring the same gift next time to the BBQ--I want to finish my conversation with Elvis)

Doug