PDA

View Full Version : Comp Cams X4262H with EFI?

1994 Python
04-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Ok. Before I tear the motor down next week I thought I would see if anyone has done this and got their motor to run. I put a comp cams X4262H cam into an EFI motor. I bought the cam about a year ago. Tried to fire the engine 2 days ago and I couldn't even hardly get it to fire. It barely make any attempt to fire. I looked the cam up on the internet and it says it is not to be used with EFI. I also found contradicting info saying any cam will work as long as the firing order was correct and it is the same at the stock 302 HO. I couldn't call the company who slod me the cam friday since they weren't open for the holiday. I am not a patient person and if I am screwed and hav eno choice but to pull the engine apart I would like to get a head start tomorrow. I am hoping someone here has done this and can tell me how to make it work. The engine is using a wiring harness and computer out of a 1992 mustang so it does have the MAF sensor. Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

Jim Nilsen
04-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Ok. Before I tear the motor down next week I thought I would see if anyone has done this and got their motor to run. I put a comp cams X4262H cam into an EFI motor. I bought the cam about a year ago. Tried to fire the engine 2 days ago and I couldn't even hardly get it to fire. It barely make any attempt to fire. I looked the cam up on the internet and it says it is not to be used with EFI. I also found contradicting info saying any cam will work as long as the firing order was correct and it is the same at the stock 302 HO. I couldn't call the company who slod me the cam friday since they weren't open for the holiday. I am not a patient person and if I am screwed and hav eno choice but to pull the engine apart I would like to get a head start tomorrow. I am hoping someone here has done this and can tell me how to make it work. The engine is using a wiring harness and computer out of a 1992 mustang so it does have the MAF sensor. Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

I just went through changing to an EFI specific cam from a late model stockcar cam and the difference is night and day. I would not want to try that radical of a cam again if I knew then what I know now.

I didn't look up the specs of your cam but if it has way too much duration and low SLA numbers you are going to be very unhappy.
i just put in an XFI280 series cam and it is awesome. I did have to change my springs too.

Good luck and change it while you might be ahead.