PDA

View Full Version : Last Call For Transport To/from La Area !!!!!!

MrQuick
08-26-2004, 05:21 PM
If anyone needs something dropped off or picked up please let me know I leave Saturday.Hate to waste an empty trailer. :dunno: This is FROM SF bay area to LA or small parts from LA to SF Bay Area. Hollar!

Larry Callahan
08-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Vince, what a cool offer! Too bad I don't have anything I need moved.

MrQuick
08-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Hey Larry, yeah I hate to see it go to waste. Thought I would try to help someone out. Thanks for the great site Larry. Vince :icon996:

68RallySport
08-27-2004, 10:50 AM
AHHH IF MY CAR WAS DONE GETTING PAINTED I'D HAVE U PICK IT UP!!!!
David

MrQuick
08-27-2004, 11:17 PM
David, where are you getting your paint done? My (old soon) shop is on 98th ave. maybe next time around...

68RallySport
08-28-2004, 01:12 AM
its in LA right now. i just cant wait, but it will be here soon enough. So wait u had a shop i could have brought my car too???Why didnt i know? damn too late...
David

MrQuick
08-28-2004, 07:02 AM
What the hell you doin down there??? :hammer: big swap meet at Pomona sunday...7 miles of swap. no it my old shop now, im in the process of moving to a different location, bigger hopefully. When you coming back up? hollar Vince

68RallySport
08-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Well my car crapped out on me when i went to seca last year. I didnt even get to race the course. My friend works for skip barber so i wanted to get on...
When i pulled up in front of his house, parked the car, got out and locked the door, the whole drvers side front suspension came apart. Actually it was a castle nut holding the LCA to the spindle(good thing it wasnt on the freeway, i had been doing 90mph+ for an 1 hour and a 1/2). The reason the nut failed i dont know. I do know my sway bar end links where rubbing on the cotter pin in full turn. The cotter pin broke off and thats how im assuming the nut crapped out.
So long story short, im stuck in monteray with no tools and nothing and i cant afford a tow to oakland. Not to mention i really didnt know how to handle that situation(car on a 40degree slope with no drivers wheel attached...wait i mean dangeling).I worked at a gas station(shell on grand ave. across from ace) for two years two buy this car and at the station i moved my share of cars around the lot with a jack but this was a little out of my reach. So a very trusted car friend of mine(helped me get the car) drove from LA the next moring to dolly the car and fix it. I know it was only one nut but i didnt know where to get it and any shop would screw me.
So while its in LA my mother desides to go halves with me on fixing the rear quarter(E-brake snapped and the tree won the battle). It turns out no one wants to take on the job cause of my paint (color/clearcoat issues) I dont really know im not a body man.
Now i have been waiting for my car since february. It hurts every day. I worked so damn hard for that car and i just need it back. Being an 18yearold college student surrounded by people who think their WRX was sent directly from god to whoop everythings a$$ i just need to be able to back up my smack talking.
So are u moving LA Vince?
David

MrQuick
08-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Thats a hell of a story...too bad for you its true!. Hope you get it all worked out. If they are giving you problems with the paint go to another shop, they might be going through the motions to cover their a$$es incase the tint comes out bad.
Moving to LA, no, just going on a road trip..and to pick up a 69 FB body that I bought. Yes I have a problem...im addicted to shells. I will most likely move my shop to San Carlos or Hayward for now then eventually to Woodland where I will move to in 2 years, Jan 2006 to be exact.Prices down here have pissed me off real bad so I had it. we will see how things go. Good luck with your car David! later

gEtyOpAPiOn
08-28-2004, 04:44 PM
you had a paint shop ? hmmm interesting :icon996: