PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen Firebird/Trans Am front spoiler

tnbandit
03-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Does anybody manufacture a pro-touring style front spoiler/air dam for 2nd gen Firebirds? I've seen plenty on Camaros & Z's but not Firebirds or T/As. I have a 78 T/A and I don't have the wheel flares or front spoiler on it. I'm really thinking putting a fiberglass spoiler on it would only be costly as it would break. So I thought maybe an aluminum, carbon fiber, or plastic spoiler would be best. Any ideas? Websites?

Thanks, Daniel

LeighP
04-03-2010, 03:43 PM
If you're looking for stuff that actually works and is wind tunnel tested, then you can't go past the factory spoiler/wheel fairings.
They really do make a difference at speed. That'd be my call....fit the factory gear.
If you wanted the front airdam lower than the factory piece (which is ABS plastic) you could add a stiff rubber extension to the lower forward edge.....if you wanted to do that, I'd check out Texas Transams in Fort Worth...David Mars does a fibreglass repro centre spoiler which I'm sure would be stronger than the factory ABS one.
Nice looking T/A by the way. :)

tnbandit
04-03-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm not looking to go lower than factory spoiler, but i thought it might look cool with an aluminum spoiler. Just a thought. Might look into mocking up some cardboard and painting it to look aluminum to see the look before i commit to buying or making one. Thanks